ReefCleaners.org

Steely185's rimless 75 edge

steely185

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like somethings will be changing if I can't convince my wife otherwise. I'm likely going to be selling off my tank and all it's contents. My wife can't agree with me on the tank and I'm tired of fighting with her weekly if not more over it. This means I'm probably going to take a break from the hobby for a while. It sucks.

I'm going to hold on to the heart of my system (calcium reactor, APEX controller system, MP10, and MP40) so if I do comeback I've got something really nice to use as a start over.

Looks like somethings will be changing if I can't convince my wife otherwise. I'm likely going to be selling off my tank and all it's contents. My wife can't agree with me on the tank and I'm tired of fighting with her weekly if not more over it. This means I'm probably going to take a break from the hobby for a while. It sucks.

I'm going to hold on to the heart of my system (calcium reactor, APEX controller system, MP10, and MP40) so if I do comeback I've got something really nice to use as a start over.

Sad to see you are going Steely. I hope you are not gone for too long!

Thanks. Hopefully not. I'm going to give it one more try convincing her on a downsize but I think it will only delay the inevitable.

Thanks. Hopefully not. I'm going to give it one more try convincing her on a downsize but I think it will only delay the inevitable.

Good luck with that. I had some trouble with my lady with my tank, especially because I leave the country for research every summer and she had to take care of it. I give her a good amount of money to buy clothes with though. She still hates the tank, but has stopped complaining about it lol. I hope you can find some compromise.

Bummer man. There should be a "don't like" button.

After some discussion with the wife it looks like she will agree to a downsize. I hooked her with the clownfish pair. They are the only thing she remotely likes. She said the lights have to go so guess I will be converting to LEDs since they are bound to be dimmer than my dual 250 watt radiums. I plan on selling some stuff to purchase a gen2 radion. Tank is still to be decided on but I would like to do a deep blue shallow 30 with maybe 3 pieces of rock. Really open but also packed with coral on the rocks. Probably won't see much of the rock.

After some discussion with the wife it looks like she will agree to a downsize. I hooked her with the clownfish pair. They are the only thing she remotely likes. She said the lights have to go so guess I will be converting to LEDs since they are bound to be dimmer than my dual 250 watt radiums. I plan on selling some stuff to purchase a gen2 radion. Tank is still to be decided on but I would like to do a deep blue shallow 30 with maybe 3 pieces of rock. Really open but also packed with coral on the rocks. Probably won't see much of the rock.

I'm glad you are able to keep things going! Can't wait for the new build! A radion would be a good choice for the smaller tank. I have had only good experiences with mine.

Great news!

Matt,

What size are you switching to now? I saw you posted the 60.

45g cube undrilled that I am going to have AA drill it for a more user friendly overflow. The more I looked at it, I wasn't a fan of the 24" height but didn't want to go to something really shallow. The only thing I am really losing is rimless but I don't mind the look of the marineland tanks and it will make it easier to put on a screen for jumpers.

They are actually both gold stripe. I bought them 5 years ago from someone getting out of the hobby for a while and they were already paired. They are probably 7-8 years old now. They started laying eggs more when I stopped making changes to the tank like changing the aquascape.

I had purchased a pair of awesome wild caught gold stripes but one died at the store before I picked them up so I am having he store hold the female until they can get a male to try to pair back up. Gold stripes are amazing looing clowns probably my favorite

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to update right now. I've been working late and on the weekends the last couple weeks so I haven't done much with it or looked at it much to be honest. Everything has been growing but unfortunately so have the majanos. I noticed one my bubbletips started cruising and I managed to relocate him this morning. The tank has been pretty dirty the last couple weeks. I'm going to try and get my skimmer cleaned up a bit this weekend, changed the GFO, and do at least some of a water change to get it back in gear. I'm overdue on a fts for this month so I will snap a shot once cleaned.

Nice looking tank you got there. Looks like is been running for a while.

Why does your wife doesn't like it? Is too bright for the dining room? I mean 2x 250W over it ... How high did you hanged the pendants?

• 2 weeks later...
steely185

Sorry for the crappy shot but here's the latest fts. Work has been killing me lately so the tank has suffered a bit but no losses.

fts050413_zpsd2d6ee76.jpg

steely185

I got a buyer lined up to buy all my acans. That should give me the money to buy the downsize tank.

I got a buyer lined up to buy all my acans. That should give me the money to buy the downsize tank.
Been there done that. The 75 was a little much for me to keep up with as well. What are you downsizing to?
steely185

Probably the 30 shallow like yours but non reef ready. I will drill it and add a nano overflow to maximize the space. Plan to go minimalist on rocks with corals being the predominant structures.

Archived