SaltCritters.com

Crooks Clownfish

crooks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well he is just a little guy. He is also so white he reflects the light in the vid.

th_SDC11308.jpg

practically wyoming white!!!

Expensive club to join. Wish I could of just grown my own.
yeah i understand they can be expensive butthey are worth every penny....

I tried swapping some male percs out with plats both females went straight into attack mode and I switched them back to their males right away. I will try again while they dont have a nest probably should of waited.

My black and whites I got in december/january finally laid tonight omgomgomg snowflakes also laid tonight cant wait till next Sunday.

I tried swapping some male percs out with plats both females went straight into attack mode and I switched them back to their males right away. I will try again while they dont have a nest probably should of waited.

My black and whites I got in december/january finally laid tonight omgomgomg snowflakes also laid tonight cant wait till next Sunday.

pics pics.......

Builder Anthony

You know im really confused about these clownfish i first saw them on the internet.Are they naturally in the wild like this.Meaning the white color.I just dont really like it.Is it just human breeding that has brought this clown to come to such a fate?

I did see some lightning clowns.I like those.Im not here to cause problems im tryen to figure out how these clown came to basicly loose there color.

As far as I know the first picasso was found in the wild around the year 2000 just like the lighting maroon. Human breeding has made it so these clowns are available to everyone. I wish the lighting maroon had been paired up already. I want one.

pics pics.......

Whats better horrible pics of dirty fish tanks or no pics at all?

eggs right above momma

SDC11328.jpg

Well I tried pairing a plat with a spawning perc female. I watched for two hours till the lights went out then checked again in morning. I apparently need to do more monitoring next time because she beat the plat to death in 12 hours. New plan will be acclamation box for days to a week before release and fingers crossed. I guess it was a good thing I got four to start.

I got new outlets ran in my basement and hope to have a small 160 gallon growout wet and running by the end of this weekend.

Got a video of these four snowflakes that have been picked out for someone.

th_SDC11355.jpg

You know im really confused about these clownfish i first saw them on the internet.Are they naturally in the wild like this.Meaning the white color.I just dont really like it.Is it just human breeding that has brought this clown to come to such a fate?

the all came from these fish, these were the originals. one was a radically mis barred onyx and the other was a regular onyx. two of the "picasso" children were than mated to create a more common occurring picasso gene. the children of these new f2's were mated again. they created a new that were crossed again. the all white platinum begin to show at the f4 generation of inbreeding.

thats the story as Ive been told. the regular picasso's you buy are generally f3 (3rd generation inbred)

the origional parents

picassopercula.jpg

• 2 months later...

I know next to nothing about breeding, but what do you do with them after they have babies? I assume you sell them? If so, do you sell them to pet stores as a supplier, or do you just sell them to individuals? Or do you just keep them because you are trying to breed an army?

Yes I sell them. I sell to anyone that will buy them. I have in the past sold to individuals, a couple times to one store, and one guy wholesale. It really just depends on how much room I have to hold the fish or if I just need to clear tanks out. I dont have the best consistency but I dont seem to have to many problems getting rid of them. I also dont ask top dollar for my fish and I think that helps when it comes time to find a buyer.

Crooks has TOP quality fish. Got me a BEAUTIFUL pair. Super great guy to deal with. I highly recommend him. Bud I appreciate all the help. May have a friend looking for a pair soon. will send you a PM. Little guys are doing great and running the tank. Thanks again.

Drew thats great to hear. I was scared to tell you when to let them out of box knowing you have a mp40 in a 29BC. I am trying to get my fish bigger everyday. I would post some pics of the babies but I dont have alot ready to go right now. If you post pics anywhere of your fish send me a link I would like to see them again.

phi delt reefer
Drew thats great to hear. I was scared to tell you when to let them out of box knowing you have a mp40 in a 29BC. I am trying to get my fish bigger everyday. I would post some pics of the babies but I dont have alot ready to go right now. If you post pics anywhere of your fish send me a link I would like to see them again.

Hey Crooks - have you ever exported these fish to Canada? I would be very interested in a pair (or more)

I have never shipped fish. I know I will have to soon but havent yet. I have no idea what it would take to ship fish into Canada.

You are not far from me at all ( a little over 2 hours). I'm a long way from adding fish but I would be very interested in a couple picassos or black and white clowns. Hopefully when I am ready to add fish you will have some.

Your fish look awesome!

I dont have picassos breeding and dont know when I will. Its not form a lack of trying or going through many picassos/platnuims. But I dont want to get into that.

Black and whites are in the cards I have to pull some of their nests and get started on them. I have one pair spawning regularly and another that just started but I dont have any fry yet and it will be about six months after I have fry. I will get on that soon just need free up some tanks.

Archived