ReefCleaners.org

40 Gallons of Completely Unnecessary!

Coastie

Dont get me wrong he was cool but I definitely needed a female for him to display to.

Maybe the McCoskers will be a little more personable?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I lost Flip, my normal Occ clown, probably my favorite fish. Gonna replace him later today I think.

Other than that, kinda letting the tank just run for right now.

Well I lost Flip, my normal Occ clown, probably my favorite fish. Gonna replace him later today I think.

Other than that, kinda letting the tank just run for right now.

Sorry to hear about Flip, sucks.

Another clown?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I can update this.

So got rid of the flasher because of his boring personality. Added a flame angel, I am super skeptical right now, haven't seen him eat too terribly much and my cup coral has zero polyp extension right now. Fish sure is pretty.

On a positive side though, I am seeing some incredible growth beginning to take place.

Maybe one day I'll go ahead and take some pictures.

Lies! No proof pictures...no growth lol j/k but Dwarf Angels are notorious nippers, which sucks cause they are sweet fish. Hope he works out for you, good luck.

Sure as hell didn't..... Watched him nip an acan and an acro and after some suspicious lack of polyp extension on a few corals I am convinced he needs to go. GORGEOUS fish but Not going to have a $50 fish eat away at hundreds of dollars of coral. Plus my jawfish HATES the angel....

Now trying to figure out how to catch the son of a b!tch is the tough part. Really don't want to tear apart my tank for this.

I was going to try something like that, though of course I had to go buy the most skiddish flame angel the world has ever known.

haha at least yours is still alive. 2 weeks after i got mine, his eye swelled up like a ballon and then died.

you could get a credit, i just wasted $$$

So after an hour of repeated "almost" catches I tore apart my tank to catch the fugger.

I sure as hell wish he wasn't a coral nipper. He's got such wonderful color.

Anyone have any stocking ideas now? I was thinking of an Anthias. Heard you have to feed them multiple times a day though so ehhhhh...

A small yellow tang or a kole tang would be sweet, anthias add nice colors to a tank, I like them in groups of three or more, can really brighten a tank.

Right now just a jawfish, black and white clown, tailspot, and firefish.

I was thinking I may get an anthias but I'd only want one and I read that feeding them is difficult.

If I find a small purple tang at a lfs that is not priced outrageous I will buy it for my 40. In a heartbeat!

truthfully I don't really like tangs. I really was hoping my angel would behave they are probably one of my favorite fish looks wise. Oh well I'm taking him back within the hour.

What do you think of Banggai Cardinals? I had one for a little while in my Solana before I sold it. Pretty chill fish. Different looking too.

I love them and would put one in either of my tanks but in one tank I have sexy shrimp and the other is a tinnnnnyyyy pistol. Heard they go nom nom nom on small inverts.

I love them and would put one in either of my tanks but in one tank I have sexy shrimp and the other is a tinnnnnyyyy pistol. Heard they go nom nom nom on small inverts.

Oh really. I didn't know that.

Archived