Innovative Marine Aquariums

40 Gallons of Completely Unnecessary!

Coastie

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's called relocating and not knowing anyone. Plus winter is slow for the CG. Not much boat traffic... My posts will dwindle soon....

Im just the computer weenie, these people watch the river traffic.

They call coast guard geek squad when they do something stupid with their computers.

HAHA

yup, pygmy angel croaked. Had to tear up the right side of the scape to get it. Actually I only removed one rock and you know how that goes.... Can never get it back to where you had it.

So anyhow. Made a half ass scape and it's starting to grow on me.

Thanks!

First post updated with a recent FTS.

Here's a picture of your tank I took with my phone :haha:

6f83c4f8.jpg

Woohoo, sexies being sexy! Received 3 new ones and one of the idiots jumped from the net into the tank! Survived though, these little bastards are tough. Saw one of them on my tiny Birds of Paradise frag, wasn't sure if he was trying to eat it or what. Scared him off and will check to see if the BOP is alright when I get home from work today.

483f311e.jpg

Also a while back I noticed a chunk of superglue randomly in my tank. Turned out that it was this.... SUPER GLUE SNAIL!

I did not do this intentionally and have no idea where or how it happened! But it's nifty haha.

2032b7b6.jpg

Wow no replies on super glue snail?! Hmmmmmm

Anyhow maybe these will coax some replies....

Went to the LFS today and:

Far Right:

c355c080.jpg

My live aquaria cover model:

e28f431a.jpg

WOOT WOOT

Hahaha Ryan said I should glue some zoas to the damn thing too. I figured a conch would be a better subject as more surface area and they stay on the same level in the tank.

The goby is a red headed goby, they caught my eye a long time ago and the YCG in the 15 sucked me into getting a little guy for the 40.

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productdeta...=18&pid=571

For the record I paid less than half that price!

So last night my jawfish ended up disappearing :( Couldn't find him when I got home from work. The idiot jumped! Fortunately I have a lid on the tank, but he did take a magical, mystical ride down the overflow. Into the filter sock, which he then must have jumped out of because I found him in the sump. Upon trying to rescue my little buddy the fool jumped in between the baffles.... Thought I was going to have to break one but managed to scare him out of the other side with the net. Caught him and put him back in the display. Stressed is an understatement. I killed the lights just to help calm him. He's currently crouched in the corner breathing heavy. Anyhow in other news I just ordered the lid for my glass-holes overflow haha.

Only reason I noticed was because that guy I wanted at incredipet was a red headed goby... just couldnt bring myself to pay $20 for a fish that small lol.

Yours is cooler than a red head IMO

Niceeeeeeeeee.

I like that goby, looks nicer than my ywg(which is super boring).

How are the sexies doing, do they nip at any coral?

one rampage a bird of paradise little frag I had near the frog spawn they hang out in.... I did some rearranging and so far they seem to be doing alright.

the little dude is kinda cool, he skips around like a dragonette. I may get 1-2 more.

Nice.

Dude thats cool, I wish I could add more fish!

Im thinking I want a pom pom crab for the pico or should I just transfer my harlequin? I dont want to take a risk with the sexies even though they are sooo sexy lol.

My sexies are fine now that I moved things away from their comfort zone. Also I usually throw a some shrimp their way (I know cannabalism is no laughing matter haha) and TBH they may have just been hungry hence the Bird of Paradise munching. That was within the first 24 hours of having them and I hadn't fed them yet.

Also Pom Poms are awesome (I have one in the 15, would like to get another actually) but they hide A LOT. And you could probably get away with a green stripe goby or two. The max size they get is 2".

Archived