Top Shelf Aquatics

40 Gallons of Completely Unnecessary!

Coastie

Thanks! As far as feeding just make sure you supplement his diet with algae. They will eat the hell out of some shrimp (both mysis and brine so far) but they apparently need algae to survive.

And thanks, I almost changed it like a week ago but I kept it around. It cracks me up and I thought it was appropriate.

Will do. Thanks Coastie. Ya, glad you kept it. Joined the group in Dec. and have laughed every time I've seen it!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lawnmowerblenny

tank's looking great so far man, I noticed you picked up a new blood shrimp, I just got a new one at my lfs for free cuz I had one die in my 28gal in under 24hours(not like my lfs, but sweet cuz he charges 40.00 I was shocked when he said it was free so I bought a bad ass blasto frag)... anyways I finally got him in my new 55 and hes been doing great already molted yesterday & he's only been in there a week...

That was cool of them. Mine only set me back $30 but I doubt they'd give me a second one free regardless of the case. They would however probably hook me up a little bit.

I think they is a somewhat common thing. Probably has something to do with the change in water chemistry between our tanks and the LFS. As a matter of fact apparently my shrimp molted and I didn't notice. I was moving the rockwork around a little and crushed the molt. Thank goodness I could see the shrimp or I would have freaked out!

I may add a skunk to the tank too. I LOVE my blood shrimp and all but he hides sooooo much.

inferno2113

Your tank is turning into awesomeness. I remember when I had my skunk he used to give me manicures every time I stuck my hand in. He also used to shove his pincers down the throat of my clowns and clean them up. He was a hoot to watch. I hope you do get one.

Think there would be a problem with having 2 in the same tank or should I move the blood to the 15?

Thanks for the compliment btw... I added a small frag rack and have been cleaning up the tank a lot. I'll try to get a new FTS in the next few days.

Think there would be a problem with having 2 in the same tank or should I move the blood to the 15?

Thanks for the compliment btw... I added a small frag rack and have been cleaning up the tank a lot. I'll try to get a new FTS in the next few days.

Nooo, no, no! What happened to the avatar?! Come on Coastie, change it back man!

-BTW... I picked up a Tail Spot today! He kicks ass, full of personality and takes zero #### from anyone else in the tank. A turbo snail got too close to his new rock hole so he maulled the shell until it ran him over. Cool little fish. How's yours doing? Has he taken to any particular food?

Thanks,

There it's back for ya! ;)

You are definitely right blennies in general are funny characters. So far my tail-spot eats anything I toss in the tank! Mysis, Brine, Flake, and Reef Caviar! Mine picked up a snail one day and carried him to the middle of the tank and let him go. It was funny as hell seeing as the snail was like 2 times his size.

New piiiiccture time!

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

There it's back for ya! ;)

You are definitely right blennies in general are funny characters. So far my tail-spot eats anything I toss in the tank! Mysis, Brine, Flake, and Reef Caviar! Mine picked up a snail one day and carried him to the middle of the tank and let him go. It was funny as hell seeing as the snail was like 2 times his size.

New piiiiccture time!

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Ha ha, it's back! -Really man, that is the best!

So are all of those frags from Mr. "_____" ? They look good. I've been thinking about putting an order in.....but being out here in C.A. makes me wonder about the shipping -survival rate. Like the Jawfish too, and the Fire shrimp. I'd like to add one, but don't know if my Cleaner and him will get along in a BC29?

-What do you feed your coral?

Not all the frags are from there but A LOT of them are. The duncan was one of my first purchases from him. Most of my acans are (except the large colony, that was a sweet score from a fragswap). All but the large frag on the frag rack are from Mr. C. Nothing in the picture with the shrimp is MC though.

I don't know how much I'd worry. Overnight is overnight right?

Not all the frags are from there but A LOT of them are. The duncan was one of my first purchases from him. Most of my acans are (except the large colony, that was a sweet score from a fragswap). All but the large frag on the frag rack are from Mr. C. Nothing in the picture with the shrimp is MC though.

I don't know how much I'd worry. Overnight is overnight right?

True. Maybe I'll go for it. Kinda starting to like the Acans. I have so much rock in my scape, I've been adding a lot of low growing stuff.....zoas, rics mainly. But acans would look pretty nice on the sand bed.

Hmmm...

Well was about to place yet another Mr Coral order but just as I went to pull the trigger half the contents of my cart were already ordered :/

NEEED MOREE ACANS

I can't decide if I want to really overstock this thing or what. I really want to add a flameback or pygmy angel but I think it would be overkill. My flasher is pretty but not so great in the personality department. So he may end up getting traded out for an angel.

Thanks for the compliments. I spend at least an hour on my tank each day so it's nice to know that it's not in vain.

Also Jack, I feed my coral with mouths mysis or brine. And the SPS I feed either phyto or marine snow (awesome stuff).

They are characters! he spits sand like a jawfish, perches like a goby, and kicks snails asses on the daily!

Archived