Innovative Marine Aquariums

40 Gallons of Completely Unnecessary!

Coastie

I constantly debate which fish I want.... some days it's a flame angel, others it's a flasher wrasse. I am big on colors and the purchase of the firefish was kind of an impulse buy. "Ralph" the firefish is pretty cool though, he actually has a bit of personality and he shares the jawfish's home haha.

Firefish are great. I'll probably get purple one when I get the CAD set up.

Have you looked at Banggai Cardinals or Blue/Green Chromis?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like both but neither have enough personality for my tank. I was thinking also of getting a blue spot watchman goby without a shrimp.

Updated FTS, see first post!

Waiting on some new toys.

JBJ ATO

Via Aqua heater

Tomorrow I should get

200 gallons worth of IO salt

bottle of marine snow

maxijet 1100 return pump

full unit of chemipure elite.

Some extra pictures

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

I'm excited to see if you like your ATO. That's the next thing I want. I think I will even FORGO CORAL PURCHASES until I get one, that's how serious I am.

Also, I think you should rename your thread "40 Gallons of MORE BOOBS" to catch up to mine ;-)

Your wood working skills on the stand give me a hard on. I wish I could do finish work that nice.

I can build just about anything just dont expect me to do nice finish work.

Thanks, I actually have another ATO which I am either going to try to fix and use on ye old 15 or get rid of. If I do part with it I'll offer it to you first.

I'm excited to see if you like your ATO. That's the next thing I want. I think I will even FORGO CORAL PURCHASES until I get one, that's how serious I am.

+1 Let me know how you like it. Its between the JBJ and autotopoff.com.

Everything looks great coastie!

Your wood working skills on the stand give me a hard on. I wish I could do finish work that nice.

I can build just about anything just dont expect me to do nice finish work.

Woah.... That's a little excessive, thanks though. Besides mine was a copy of cdr5y7's and if mine got you excited take a look at his!!!

+1 Let me know how you like it. Its between the JBJ and autotopoff.com.

Everything looks great coastie!

Thanks, it should be here any moment. I was debating between the two but petsolutions.com in Ohio had free shipping over $99 and price matched another JBJ for $80 and I added a heater. Plus they have a pretty good deal on 200 gals worth of salt!

Your wood working skills on the stand give me a hard on.

Lolololol. Maybe I was wrong, you don't need more boobs!

What kind of ato do you have now?

Thanks fellas... There is a guy here locally that sells coral out of his apt. He said he would put in an order for some anemones. I was toying with a long tentacle one instead but not sure yet. That nem you have is amazing though. They have some at the nicer LFS here but they look like crap because they don't have them under the correct light.

I bought a Cannon powershot sx120is off ebay for $110! I love this thing, it's like a cheap wannabe DSLR and I finally figured out why I wasn't able to use the macro feature correctly. Now I just have to sort out the rest.

Thanks errrone! I happen to like the Tailspot picture! I installed a phoenix bulb just after those pictures. I am hoping that the colors start to pop quite a bit more. I did like the Reeflux bulb but some of the colors got washed out. The phoenix is definitely a LOT brighter though.

So obviously not the greatest image in the world (I am still playing with how to use my camera correctly) but I never realized that my acan had so many heads! wooohoooo

IMG_0596.jpg

New peektures!

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

Hey Coastie,

Looking good man! How's the tail spot? Is he always hiding, does he have some personality? I've been thinking that would be my next addition.

Little backstory, when I saw the tailspot I decided that was a must have fish! I did my research and actually thought they'd be a lot harder to take care of than they actually are. This guy is actually my third, sad to say. First one I forgot that they like to perch in powerheads that are off. Realized I hadn't plugged in my powerhead after a feeding and next thing I know, dead tailspot. Second one I got from an unreliable LFS. Both the fish I bought from them died in under 24 hours. I have had that guy for about a week now and everything seems great!

As far as personality goes, he is a character. Today I laughed my ass off because a snail got too close to his den, he picked it up and carried it to the middle of the tank and just dropped it! It was sooo funny to watch as he attacked the snail before moving it. He also thinks he's part jawfish. He must have been watching mine because he keeps spitting out ridiculously small mouthfuls of sand from his burrow. If you get one I suggest releasing it in the tank near where you want it. I put him in the tank, he found a hole, and that's been his spot ever since. I am quite content as it's right in front. The more that he gets comfortable with the tank and the surroundings, the more he's out and about. I say go for it! They are fun!

Little backstory, when I saw the tailspot I decided that was a must have fish! I did my research and actually thought they'd be a lot harder to take care of than they actually are. This guy is actually my third, sad to say. First one I forgot that they like to perch in powerheads that are off. Realized I hadn't plugged in my powerhead after a feeding and next thing I know, dead tailspot. Second one I got from an unreliable LFS. Both the fish I bought from them died in under 24 hours. I have had that guy for about a week now and everything seems great!

As far as personality goes, he is a character. Today I laughed my ass off because a snail got too close to his den, he picked it up and carried it to the middle of the tank and just dropped it! It was sooo funny to watch as he attacked the snail before moving it. He also thinks he's part jawfish. He must have been watching mine because he keeps spitting out ridiculously small mouthfuls of sand from his burrow. If you get one I suggest releasing it in the tank near where you want it. I put him in the tank, he found a hole, and that's been his spot ever since. I am quite content as it's right in front. The more that he gets comfortable with the tank and the surroundings, the more he's out and about. I say go for it! They are fun!

Dude,

Sorry to hear about the powerhead thing, but kinda funny. Sounds like I'm going to pick one up. Any special feeding requirements? Besides snails.

Oh, LOVE the avatar btw!

Thanks! As far as feeding just make sure you supplement his diet with algae. They will eat the hell out of some shrimp (both mysis and brine so far) but they apparently need algae to survive.

And thanks, I almost changed it like a week ago but I kept it around. It cracks me up and I thought it was appropriate.

Archived