Coral Vue Hydros

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you have the strip mounted on the halide? or is your light hanging?my viper is a clamp on and i always wanted to drill a hole and mount moonlights on it, but was affraid of the heat from the halide messing with the leds.

do you have the strip mounted on the halide? or is your light hanging?my viper is a clamp on and i always wanted to drill a hole and mount moonlights on it, but was affraid of the heat from the halide messing with the leds.

lol it's kind of hard to explain how I have it. I will just take a dang cellphone pic when I get home from the store.

That's pretty awesome.. Is that from a place you went or what?

No it's a Thrive "Prescription" form.

It's actually a pretty cool tool. It can be kinda silly though. 10 dkh "DANGEROUSLY HIGH!!!!" 1400 Magnesium "DANGEROUSLY HIGH!!!" lol

DSC_2532_zpsf38d0555.jpg

DSC_2536_zps271fb690.jpg

Figured I would throw a couple pics up. These are an hour old. I know about the bubble algae, I left it for the blenny, he does not care lol.

everything looks nice dude. that monti is getting huge! looks sick under that halide.

what ballast do you have on the light? i was checking out a different ballast for mine, one of the aqua medic reflex ballast, they have a nice fan and all. dont know if would make all that much difference.

I got a little cyano trying to pop up in one spot and just a small bit of bubble algae. Other than that, everything looks how I like it. I AM due for a water change however, and when I do I will rid the cyano. The lumen strip ghettoishly mounted also helps with actinic "pop" lol.

everything looks nice dude. that monti is getting huge! looks sick under that halide.

what ballast do you have on the light? i was checking out a different ballast for mine, one of the aqua medic reflex ballast, they have a nice fan and all. dont know if would make all that much difference.

It's some sister company of Panasonic apparently. It's a HID Electronic Ballast. I forget the name, I'll look when I close the store and go home later. It's whatever FNI.com was using back in 2010.

Have you seen the aqua medic ballasts? They look pretty nice for 100.00 I'm wondering if they would make any difference in bulb life and color.. They claim to I guess.

That pink with yellow rim zoa looks nice! what is that one called?

what happened to the purpish with white rim zoas that are on the clam shell?

That pink with yellow rim zoa looks nice! what is that one called?

what happened to the purpish with white rim zoas that are on the clam shell?

Only ones I had on the shell were purple death paly. I moved those to my big frag tank.

The pink zoas I could never find a pet name for. I just sold them actually.

Archived