Cultivated Reef

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

Formula462

Well I set up my ATO last night. I am going on vacation in a few days, and I just don't trust that someone will keep it properly topped off. So far, it works great. Hasn't turned the tank to FW yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATO works like a dream. Everything survived except for my TSB, but he was looking suspect for a while. Never really had a strong appetite and there was plenty offered and available. I survived the white water rapids on the Deschutes River.

I survived the white water rapids on the Deschutes River.

So glad to hear it ;)! I went rapid rafting on the Nantahala many years ago. It was a blast.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The cube looks good aS usual. I have moved again and do not have a tank setup at the moment. I'm in the process of an 8g drilled tank with a 10g sump. It's getting real close, just a few more pieces of equip and it will be running. Your sps frags are sweet. That monti is a monster now hey.. Funny seeing it in the first pics and than in more recent pics . It looks huge. Need a few more update pics maybe another fts.

The cube looks good aS usual. I have moved again and do not have a tank setup at the moment. I'm in the process of an 8g drilled tank with a 10g sump. It's getting real close, just a few more pieces of equip and it will be running. Your sps frags are sweet. That monti is a monster now hey.. Funny seeing it in the first pics and than in more recent pics . It looks huge. Need a few more update pics maybe another fts.

i agree as this tank looks a lot different now. It has two new fish and a few new pieces. I have some services to do today, and when I get home it's time for my tanks cleaning (cube is overdue) and when I do clean them, I will post some pics for cube love.

msREEF_zpsd1032120.png

already posted this in some random thread, but I made it for MY thread lol.

Any biocube updates?

hey I just cleaned it yesterday so tonight I will photo it. it looks great. I don't want people to think I let the cube go lol. On the contrary it looks better than ever.

I agree it does look better than ever. The water clarity is always amazing in pictures. I saw the frag setup you have in the works.. That looks pretty sick man. Do you have a big sump that they Are all tied into with one big return pump? I have only been behind the scenes at the fish store once or twice and don't remember how they are plumbed. I am currently working on an 8g build. I am kinda stuck on lighting options. I would like to run my 150w halide over it but I want it to be somewhat energy efficient :/.. So I think I'm going to pick up a AI nano. They have good coral growth from what I hear.. But I don't think LEDs are even close to t-5 or halide for growth and tank color. What do you think? A 150 over an 8 gallon tank lol...

I agree it does look better than ever. The water clarity is always amazing in pictures. I saw the frag setup you have in the works.. That looks pretty sick man. Do you have a big sump that they Are all tied into with one big return pump? I have only been behind the scenes at the fish store once or twice and don't remember how they are plumbed. I am currently working on an 8g build. I am kinda stuck on lighting options. I would like to run my 150w halide over it but I want it to be somewhat energy efficient :/.. So I think I'm going to pick up a AI nano. They have good coral growth from what I hear.. But I don't think LEDs are even close to t-5 or halide for growth and tank color. What do you think? A 150 over an 8 gallon tank lol...

Hang it high and go halide. One, 150w light on for 8 hours a day is barely going to dent the electric bill so no worries there. Just be prepared for the half gallon a day evap lol.

I will have the auto top off in sump switch, with a storage bucket in the stand. I think that light would give very good coral growth. Did you have another build thread? I thought I remember you mentioning a different thread you had.

I will have the auto top off in sump switch, with a storage bucket in the stand. I think that light would give very good coral growth. Did you have another build thread? I thought I remember you mentioning a different thread you had.

yeah but I have been so busy for the past few months that I haven't updated anything in forever. I would take an FTS right now but only the 454 NM LEDS are on atm.

Archived