Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wints Picotope with sump

Funktastic Wint

Funktastic Wint
needs a blue colored maxi mini anemone, though idk exactly where it should go. definitely near the sand though. or a big hary shroom. needs some coloful sponges attached to that pillar, and this tank is missing major GSP action, green GSP on the left front branching rock.

+1 on the maxi

somethin def needs to go on the pillar

im a gsp killer :0 none of the stuff i get lives. :( only coral ive had a problem with

i havnt tried it in this tank but my other tanks it dies

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my pico also killed my GSP,. but i found out it was only cuz the GSP i bought was a whiny variety. get GSP that has deep purple skin, not pale white or flesh colored skin. the purple skin is the good and easy to care for GSP. the flesh colored one i find needs something special, idk what that is but it only lives in my 10 gal nano. btw when i say flesh color and purple color I am referring to its skin, not is polyps, which are meant to be green.

something like ...a sponge..or 3

Funktastic Wint
that's a smart idea for a sump.. wow nice!

thanks d'espresso! i love your cube build as well. cant wait to see u stock summ stuff and get a sweet scape goin!

my pico also killed my GSP,. but i found out it was only cuz the GSP i bought was a whiny variety. get GSP that has deep purple skin, not pale white or flesh colored skin. the purple skin is the good and easy to care for GSP. the flesh colored one i find needs something special, idk what that is but it only lives in my 10 gal nano. btw when i say flesh color and purple color I am referring to its skin, not is polyps, which are meant to be green.

something like ...a sponge..or 3

hmmm ill hafta see if i can find some of that

and if i see any teeny tiny sponges at my lfs ill be sure to get some and affix them to that column! :)

Funktastic Wint

found 3 mini brittle stars at my lfs

5 dwarf ceriths

and a feather duster or 2

and also some 30+ hour heat packs for shipping out my corals.

wow, you haven't had any issues with your bubble bee snails? i caught mine munching on an astrea i had and my bristle worms

Funktastic Wint
wow, you haven't had any issues with your bubble bee snails? i caught mine munching on an astrea i had and my bristle worms

nope none. theyre good little CUC members. i got them because theyre super small and colorful. im hoping they breed. but i dont have any astrea snails and i havnt seen any bristle worms in my display tank either (only in the sump) also they mostly come out just at night.

You should get at least 4 maxi minis in there. My lfs has those staghorn hermits but I dont think it would do well with all my maxis I am planning. I like that zoa branch!

klink you grow salvia here in fl?

No in my other locations I do. It would be pretty embarrassing get charged with a felony for growing saliva in Florida. I do have a few big kratom trees at my parents house down there. Also if I did grow saliva in Florida I don't think anyone would even noticed unless you were a fellow farmer.

Wint you need a derasa clam and a few powder blue gangs to really make this tank amazing.

man that stuff is crazy. my experience with it caused me to have a profound conversation with some indians that turned out to be barstools. interesting stuff not my cup of tea though.

man that stuff is crazy. my experience with it caused me to have a profound conversation with some indians that turned out to be barstools. interesting stuff not my cup of tea though.

LOL!!!

Try Kratom it is the best legal substance out there, enough of it is similar to oxy. I am not into salvia either but it makes me a lot of money so I grow it. Salvia will make you pychotic if your not careful.

never heard of kratom... can you get it in fl? i know u can get anything and everything here, but i mean legally and easily?

me neither but when i saw your sig i was interested lol..just got spice and salvia for herbals up here in jersey for what i've seen

KRATOM

Also best source for stuff

herb shop

Kratom is legal everywere except Thailand and Australia so if dont live there your good. It is very similar to opiate pain med's except it is healthy for you and doesnt cause you to be a junkie. I have used it for several years now and I can handle only taking it on the weekends, so I know I am not addicted. Far better than weed IME

Sorry for the hijack wint, I am just answering questions.

Any other questions can be posted in my pico build thread. Be sure to click on the links.

• 2 weeks later...
Funktastic Wint
KRATOM

Also best source for stuff

herb shop

Kratom is legal everywere except Thailand and Australia so if dont live there your good. It is very similar to opiate pain med's except it is healthy for you and doesnt cause you to be a junkie. I have used it for several years now and I can handle only taking it on the weekends, so I know I am not addicted. Far better than weed IME

Sorry for the hijack wint, I am just answering questions.

Any other questions can be posted in my pico build thread. Be sure to click on the links.

man this thread is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off track.

and all u ppl who are hating i have one thing to say to you

i am an alcoholic. <--- the mel gibson defense

and stop talking about plants in my thread. sheesh

in other news. i got some awesome new zoas called peachy blues (super colorful)

and i think ill be moving everything out of this tank and into my new 7 gallon glass tank with rounded edges all da way from china! :)

picked up some used aquaclear filters model 70 and model 50 for 5 bucks each and pland on using them temporarily.

also planning a 236-300 gallon reef. need to get settled down and move first tho cuz the gf is goin to school somewhere else in the future and i dont wanna move a huge thing like that.

Funktastic Wint
sorry for flying off the topic... 300 gallons sounds like a serious investment in time. insane

oh yeah. its gunna be expensive.

its gunna be either 3' x 4' and 33" tall

or 3' x 5' and 33" tall

not sure but ill have prolly 2 closed loops on it with two hammerhead return pumps by reeflo at 5800gph each and have them on at alternating times. also thinking about adding solartubes as the lighting with supplemental leds.

for filtration im thinking ill have a 100g sump with an algae turf scrubber, a super reef octopus skimmer(300g) and im considering adding a small area for a cryptic zone for sponges n such

Archived