inTank Media Baskets

Wints Picotope with sump

Funktastic Wint

Funktastic Wint

so i added a small skimmer to my fuge. i have not seen this skimmer before online and saw it at the fish store on o street in downtown sacramento. its very small. probly 2.5 inches wide by 10 inches high. i bought it for 50$ and it has a pump not a lame airstone. i will take pics later. i think the brand is JAD but i cant say for sure. ill double check when i get home.

ive also noticed a huge spike in the number of copepods in my system.

i added a hermit crab and some bumblebee snails and a frag of some blue polyps i had in my bc 29.

im also harvesting some blue mushrooms and fixing them to LR rubble for future use in my pico

more pictures later today hopefully.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah nice setup the sump should help you keep things stable and hide all the equipment

skimmer looks like its doing its job , did you findout what it was in the end JAD308 /????

Funktastic Wint
yeah nice setup the sump should help you keep things stable and hide all the equipment

skimmer looks like its doing its job , did you findout what it was in the end JAD308 /????

ill double check when i get home.

i pulled it outta the box and and it looked different than on the picture (a little bit) lol

but its definitely a JAD skimmer.

Funktastic Wint

new additions!

blue and green sympodium polyps

some kinda pink things? maybe day trippers? or peach palys? idk any ideas anyone?

and a blueish mushroom

and a hermit and a bumbleebee snail

007.jpg

Funktastic Wint

a word of caution to other picotope owners. if your water line touches the clip on the stock lamps base it can siphon water out almost continuously while u sleep. just FYI lol :eek:

a word of caution to other picotope owners. if your water line touches the clip on the stock lamps base it can siphon water out almost continuously while u sleep. just FYI lol :eek:

Ah yes...I have experienced the capillary action phantom siphon as well! :o

same here i thought my tank was cracked or something at first

tank looks awesome man! when i first saw it i wondered what is this guy gonna do for mechanical filtration? great job hiding the pipe with the rockwork

Funktastic Wint

i just bought some rose nebula zoanthids today. they havent opened yet but im hoping they like their new home. i also added a blue/orange ricordia, a small frogspawn, two brown/green striped mushrooms and a small non photosynthetic clam that i bought as a hitchiker with some blue/green sympodium polyps. new pics to come soon.

Funktastic Wint

i know im being lazy with the photos.

i rearranged all the rock last night and

i also ordered a rapid led par 38 bulb with 7 leds, 3 royal blue, 2 cool white, 1 blue, and 1 warm white.

it was my little graduation gift from my massage therapy course. :)

im hoping this will really make my corals pop and im also going to get a clam and some sps later. whats the smallest type of giant clam that i can get for the pico? maxima, crocea? i cant remember

Your new scape look perfect. I like the branch in the front that has a lot of potential if you put some zoas on there.

Your overflow/ return is probably the coolest I've EVER seen in a JBJ. Makes me miss my picotope...

Funktastic Wint
I do like the look of this one. ASnd I agree that branch is nice. Zoas would be perfect.

hey thanks you two!. i plan to get a frag of some Purple People eaters and let it encrust over time on that branch. :) maybe some other zoas as well.

Funktastic Wint
Be careful with all those different color LED's. You may have your tank looking like a disco ball.

-Dave

i just got my new RapidLED Par 38 hooked up yesterday and everything looks great! the color the bulb gives off is very crisp and and gives a more natural ocean feel to the tank. it shimmers like crazy! :) i have it about a foot above the rim of the tank.

i got the bulb with

3 royal blue crees

1 blue cree

2cool white crees

1 warm white cree

its the perfect 50/50 LED bulb

if u have any questions feel free to ask!

oh and on a very positive note! i noticed 5-6 new peach paly babys, 2 pink galaxy babies, and 1-2 rose nebula babies! :D lotsa growth!! im very excited

Funktastic Wint
Looking good! I like the sympodium and blue anthelia. Be careful with that anthelia. It can spread fast.

hey thanks! is the blue anthelia the little blue snowflake polyps? lol is it gunna hurt anything if it spreads?

also do u know what sorta clam that is thats attached to the back glass? its brown, paper thin and about the size of a snapple lid.

Looks good. Do you have any problem with a dead spot for flow in the left rear behind overflow? Think food and waiste will collect there?

Funktastic Wint
Looks good. Do you have any problem with a dead spot for flow in the left rear behind overflow? Think food and waiste will collect there?

actually there is a pump right there for that issue. its a hydor pico something or another that i had originally bought for my return pump but it was too weak. itll stay there until i upgrade a pump.

Archived