Pod Your Reef

Monochrome5's 8g Biocube Build *NEW PICS 4/18*

Monochrome5

Monochrome5
I was thinking of breaking down my 5.5 and trans. it into the nanocube, the only prob is i dont want to get rid of my clown in the 5.5 lol. you will love having more room to work with in the new tank and im sure you will make it look sweet!!!

Noooo! Your 5.5 has been my inspiration since I got my 8g! Would hate to see that beauty go! So far the new tank seems HUGE. I've got over 40 pounds of rock in it and still think there could be more haha. It looks beautiful though. I'm in love with the built in refugium. It has a window on it that I mounted the Coralife 11" HOT5 light over. It's nice to get the chaeto out of my tank for once. I'm underwhelmed with the skimmer it came with. It seems weak (stock BC skimmer). You know what I really like about this tank though? I CAN DO A CLAM! Hahaha.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have read through this entire thread quickly. What a nice setup! Love the photography and the colors of the livestock. Great work. I know your "pest" tank over in the biotopes section, but this tank is pretty sweet too.

Liz

Well, it is with mixed feelings that I will announce the end of this tank. Sort of. I got a great deal on a BC29 so I'll be moving everything over to that tank. I think. Yeah, I don't really know what the heck to do haha. I'm thinking about turning the 8g into a harlequin shrimp tank. Or just leaving it as is. Or selling it to Adam (divecj5). Any suggestions?

A Harlequin Shrimp tank would be a cool setup.

Monochrome5

Well the move to the HQI is complete! I may have killed my favia in the process, but hopefully it will pull through. I'll be able to tell more in the morning once everything has settled in. New thread starts tomorrow, but for now how about a shot of the HQI under the moonlights I rigged? That'll do.

FTSNight.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Monochrome5

New thread is up!! Everyone should check it out. This tank will soon become a (gasp) FW Planted tank. I know, I know. I'm going to the dark... green... side.

Only loss during the transfer was my Purple Gorgonian. It's a shame - I loves that thing. It got RTN and died almost overnight. No idea what went wrong...

NEW THREAD

Archived