inTank Media Baskets

Nemesis Pico 1.5 Gallon DIY - Tankcastrophy - sprung a leaker.

Sunstar

I thought I would pre-emptive the looking goods :3

The little sucker has been a lot more work than I had thought it would be.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course, picos are a lot of work if you start getting advanced with things like LED lighting and crazy corals :P I learned my lesson.

I have an even smaller body of water... 2 Cups. In a betta bowl. No flow at all, but It gets a 100% waterchange nightly. Either fresh from the mixing bucket or from the 2 gallon. It's under a 50/50 bulb I removed from the initial nemesis nano project has Macro algaes live rock some excess palys and my little parasitic Isopod. I s hould put a tang in it.

it seems to be one of those that scavenge. I was told it was a parasite. a Cinilid or something to that effect.

iso-3.jpg

I throw in bits of brine shrimp. I see the creature rarely. but it's still alive.

that does look more like a parasitic one. maybe its special in that it can survive w/o a host.

Speshul <3 I removed it. but I did not feel right killing it. So I tried to make it a sort of habitat and feed it periodically. Seems to take food quite happily.

IMG_8326.jpg

I got several new corals this afternoon. Added them and I will monitor progress to make sure everyone is happy.

I got several new corals this afternoon. Added them and I will monitor progress to make sure everyone is happy.
I see a new Monti plate coral or two in there. What else? This is looking really quite amazing you know. The macros you have in there work so well in the scape.

Not really sure the names. the fellow I bougth the frags from also couldn't remember saying he was bad with names. Some plating stuff, green Monti I have a tiny smidgen of purple monti somewhere else, chalice, hammer, blue and green candycane (losing one head of the green) acropora kenya tree and some other softy bits and peices. zoas. A few types of macro algae.

I really like how the grape is growing along the base of the rock. I need to prune the prolifera as it is living up to its name and being prolific.

Not sure if the LED shimmer is good, I wish I could get truer colours for the corals.

It looks like a quality FTS to me. I forgot how to set my camera up so that it can catch the changing blue-white shimmer in my pico. I noticed my FTS got more static water conditions.

I use a tripod and set the shutter to a fairly slow speed. At contest end, I want to get my mums camera to see if I can get a better pic.

they sure do! though placing so many SPS branchers so close to one another could be a bad idea, no?

Oh While I am heading out to Sayal way, hopefully tomorrow I want to make an inquiry about a tank glass cutting.

piconem.jpg

The Nemesis planned after the contest. Will have a sump and whatnot.

do you really think that your tank nearly crashed because one snail died?
What gave you that impression?
Two factors went into their cause, I believe. One is the death of the Nassarius snail. Hermit was eating it. The second is missed food from feeding the sun coral.
It's only a 2 gallon tank, less the occupied space of rock and sand, maybe around ~1.5 gallons. It wouldn't take much to foul it, especially in the first 37 days of the tanks life. The feedings of that large black branching sun coral weren't helping.

I did remove the sun, and avoid feedings until things stabalised. removed the snail or anything that could rot and quickly cause the tank to foul. 2 gallons is total tank volume. it is MUCH less since there is sand + rock... The honest answer with the crash was some impatience. I needed to slow down. I have learned the tank's rythems more or less and now I can work with it rather than against it. I want to add some black sun, but I am gonna do a smaller head or two rather than a huge branch.

To remedy having nothign to clean out hard to find snail deaths, I added some more life. such as fire/bristle worms, pods and whatnot. More macro algaes. More frequent smaller watechanges. It was a learning experiance.

Death of snail + Food waste = whoopsie.

I got the parts for two ATO's.

Archived