Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nemesis Pico 1.5 Gallon DIY - Tankcastrophy - sprung a leaker.

Sunstar

I got a piece of live rock off a friend to help aid my biological filtration. It was a bit large so I hammered it down to size and threw some rubble in my refugium. I am pretty sure I saw a surviving baby hermit from the other night's spawning in there when I took the chaeto out to drop the rocks in.

I did my bi-monthly extractor fan cleaning. Makes it work better when I get residual salt off. I will add a small cleaning of the refugium rubble. I know how stuff tends to build up in it causing a nitrate farm.

I have been marking out my heat sink for my LED's and a few spots I need to drill. I will take a couple of my taps into town with me so I can find the right screws for the job (for the hangers) and I may forego the switches. I would like to do some re-work on my cabinet, some boxes to hide/protect the wires.

new FTS note the flumpy hammer coral.

IMG_8106.jpg

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so weird.. im subscribed to this thread but have not received any updates for the last month! nice progress, can't wait to see the leds!

I got self tapping stainless steel screws. Zink plated brackets (I could not find zink or stainless steel ones :(

I picked up wire in matching colours to what is on the buckpuck and enough of it, fans, shrinky dink wire cover stuff, project box (To contain the electrics and try to keep them out of harms way), barrel plug connector for the power supply, multimeter, some large fans for the heat sink. Transformers Generation: Dirge. Fan cover for the fan I keep getting my knuckles ground in. I think that is it.

I have cleaned and attached the LED stars to the heatsink. Gave each one another test with the battery pack and they all light, so far so good.

You should be photographing a walk through of your DIY set up for us Canadian dummies who have been curious about doing DIY leds but are too scares to in case they burn down their place... :)

Has your frogspawn improved at all or is it still frumpy? It was looking good at the beginning of the month.

(Cross posted from the 2 gallon pico thread)

I need to go out and get a few more sizes of shrink tubing. Boy do I love that stuff.

It's being contained within a project box that will be screwed to the roof of the cabinet. I need to get a couple more connectors. I am keeping it colour co-ordinated because it's too easy to get wires confused.

my power supply plug is negative outside and postive inside, so I have matched my wires appropreately to the female socket I have attached to the inside of my box. I intend to shrink tube the black and red wires seperate then put a larger one over the whole part just to make it neat and tidy and prevent anything from causing issue in there. It'lll come together tomorrow when I get the few other bits.

IMG_8113.jpg

See this? that's a mess.

IMG_8115.jpg

I want it neat and tidy.

IMG_8117.jpg

Again, neat and tidy. This will happen. the wire pair with the white band belong to the white lights. I hopefully can get it marked nicely tomorrow.

I hope this is not too terrifying....

WOOO! IT'S ALIVE! ALIVE... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

My Husband had a look over my wiring and found a problem with it. He had me switch some wires around and checked to make sure I had it right. I do. Looks good.

a little dark, the inside box pics, but its neat and tidy. Heat shrink tubing is Awesome!!!

Not installed yet and I did a test with the fans, but the pic is without the fans. it all operates well. appears to be a small delay on it's turning on.

IMG_8120.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

IMG_8124.jpg

I had spots infront of my eyes when I first activated it. Husband was saying Dim them, dim them, sheilding his eyes. Couple more things I need to do, then I get it installed in the hood.

the infamous shot... awesome!

I just making the plate for the dimmer to be on the front of my tank. I will be unscrewing the hood tomorrow taking the bulbs out and working on it. Hopefully I won't need too many extra items. I may need to walk to the hardware store tomorrow. My bike is in the shop :( hate walking anywhere :P

Last night I tested the lights, breifly. I held the lamp over the tank at roughly the level it iwll be attached and I was blown away by the shimmer effect. Installation will be today. I am so excited I can hardly sleep I need to nap again or something <3

No my project box is to be intalled on the top of the lid. I am having some issues with my power supply connecting to the project box as I had intended.

IMG_8128.jpg

The fans are finally attached as I want them. There is one facing up and one facing down. I want to circulate the air around.

yea i was just gonna say it looks really vibrant and sparkly! looks amazing! seriously looks like its a couple years old at least! how's the contest going? and yes the picture shows up

Hopefully I will see vibrance and colour as things perk up. I particularily hope the brown things do more ethan just be brown all the time. I might remove them and toss them back into the 10 gallon later if I can get hold of some new pretties. My macro algaes didn't do so well. they went sexual and or were eaten by hungry hermits.

Archived