Coral Vue Hydros

Nemesis Pico 1.5 Gallon DIY - Tankcastrophy - sprung a leaker.

Sunstar

I am seeing Growth on my SPS. It's really starting to take off since I added the light. I am simply mind boggled at how QUickly it said Ohai I haz light! Might be bleaching a little. trying to find a good spot for it.

Daily waterchanges are happening. Small ones daily with a slightly larger one once maybe twice a week.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the brown green mini maxi :3 She seems darker green depending on the angle you look at her. She blends in quiet welll and was the one that almost ate my hermit crab. There are a few mini minis in there too.

I think my magnesium is a bit low. I am using small doses of epsom salts to incease it I intend to get something better, but I am just not able to get to the next city over to get all the goods I need. Hopefully my evening watechanges of 1.5 L to 1L a night will offset the sulphates.

Well April is a new month in the Tank's life. Marking it's move into it's 4th month of existance and well things have been changing. Coral colour has picked up in the ever brown SPS on the right hand size. It's actually becoming quite pink. I will try to get a more improved photo.

I have been thinking of the ardino hydra controler for this. Might be a bit over kill on a 2 gallon tank, but truth be told, it likely will get shifted to the 25 gallon when that is up and running. HAH when that is up and running... I am epically in love with this 2 gallon.

I want to do changes after the contest it's set up for... changes such as... build my own tank to fit the box, drill and install a sump <3 pure love.

IMG_8203.jpg

it's another candy cane coral I had attempted to put into the tank at the start of feb, but had that crash so I moved it out. you can see the two heads of green candy cane there. the otherone is blue headed. I wanted it together and the green headed one sort of props the blue head nicely. the two seem to get along okay.

ooooo, ok :lol:

I just thought you discovered some revolutionary way to grow LPS 100x faster than anyone else :P

Don't I wish. An unintended april fools joke>

by my SPS is growing quick and taking a pink colourage.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get to Sayal at least around thursday to check into the DIY ATO Parts I need. Turns out the place I was gonna buy parts charges through the nostrils to ship. So in the meantime, I am looking for float switches for that project.

Anyway.... Project update. I have obtained krylon fusion paint to spray my tank stand with. I hope to do this tomorrow. This means my tank is going to be getting another 24 - 48 hour "blackout" if I can't devise some sort of fix for the light fixture for the time it is down. I want to add little feet to the underside of the tank so I can check under it for drippy drippy. (is happening due to changes in air temperature that alters evap)

SO. I need to modify the cabinet a wee bit. spray the Box and aim to get it very smooth + shiney for easy cleaning. I want to get airflow under, and around the tank. I want to raise the box up on some feet and perhaps do something COOL under it ;3

New livestock. New woes... And TMI? Or perhaps not enough.

Carpet Nems

IMG_8244.jpg

Green "camo"

IMG_8243.jpg

Pink - Male

IMG_8245.jpg

Pink - lets hide in the very back.

IMG_8242.jpg

New blue - yellow with pink center (likely will darken) (Ohai, I like the back of the tank)

IMG_8236.jpg

One of my three new sexies.

IMG_8234.jpg

Sexies in drip bucket and funny coloured. (*stress from transit)

IMG_8232.jpg

Nem in drip. Glad I got a shot of it here.

IMG_8231.jpg

Need I say more?

Now the TMI.

Carpet nem, the pink one I said is male, was spawning away merrily last night causing all manner of havoc. The havoc might not have been too bad if I had not stressed the tank out due to the above post's mentioned project. The haze in the water is due to the sperm the male released into the water. I have done several small waterchanges as I do not want to stress the living hell out of my sexy shrimp who ended up in the middle of my crisis. I had no idea they had gender.

Anywhoo I got a few beautiful macro algae added. I will get pics of those later when the water clears up.

Sunstar's Quick Tip:

Easy way to initially plant prolifera, or perhaps any fresh water plant...

tie it to a sea shell with cotton thread (so it disolves in time) this acts as an anchor to make it easier to get the stuff to stay where you want it.

IMG_8250.jpg

I do not write my posts great when I got migrianes... One of the Maxi's is new the other three are not. The One that was getting down to business was my first maxi that I got early on. I think adding in the new maxi might have got him all excited?

Drift Monkey
I do not write my posts great when I got migrianes... One of the Maxi's is new the other three are not. The One that was getting down to business was my first maxi that I got early on. I think adding in the new maxi might have got him all excited?

Aroused is the better term...;)

Wow! Did those 2 heads of candy grow out in just 1 month?

Tank looks great!

LOL you're the second person to ask that. No. It's a blue candy cane that I have sitting right next to it. The blue candy cane is more... livlier than the green. I had it in the tank just day before my crash then removed it. I waited about a month to return it.

There was a post the other day that made me sort of think about how my 2 gallon and 10 gallon compare. How difficult or finiky one is over the other. And the more I thought about it, the more I realised that my 2 gallon tank might be like a small baby. I never had kids, likely won't either.

I find myself waking up at odd hours to check to make sure it's okay. Topping it up if it gets slurpy because the evap becomes quicker than the ATO. Or removing some water if the Evap is a bit slower than ATO and turning the ATO off returning the removed water to the tank when evap lowers it (fussy this is which is why I am going electronic as soon as I get the parts together.) I am usually fussing over it making sure it's okay.

The 10 gallon, on the other hand. I give its supplements, give it a pat and pretty much that's it. Top off water and or waterchange. Feed the sun coral at night. It needs new bulbs, I can see spectrum shift(will do next month when I have a bit of $$ avail. spent too much now, I'll be shot)

Just odd to realise that my tanks are kinda like "my babies"

As it is, this morning I woke and heard the tank sounding a bit slurpy. noticed my macro algae drifted loose and was obstructing the overflow. Then noticed my candy cane coral had taken a nosedive into the bitty fox coral and carpet nem. SO I decided that 4:30 am was an excellent time to do the waterchange, fix the coral and stuff the macro back where I had wanted it. My husband grumbled, but he knows corals can't be face planting like that. And now I can't sleep :/

• 3 weeks later...

FTS shot. I hope they post that thread on teh forum this is for soon :/

May 1 2011

may111.jpg

Looking good.

I am still waiting for my ATO parts.

Archived