Coral Vue Hydros

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

One of my customer at the lfs brought me a frag of sympodium. anyone have experience with this coral? if so whats the best placement for them?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awh man. Dibs on the first frag of the Sympodium.

I'm at Elite all the damn time lately, but I have no idea if I've bumped in to you or not.

Awh man. Dibs on the first frag of the Sympodium.

I'm at Elite all the damn time lately, but I have no idea if I've bumped in to you or not.

I haven't been there too much lately my non fun job takes all my time lol. you have probably ran into my fiance though. Her name is crystal and she works there wednesdays and thursdays. Once the sympodium starts growing ill let you know. we will have to do a frag swap lol

I think I am going to have to move my orange plate coral to my 14 gallon. I just cant find a good spot for it in the 3 gallon anymore. It hasnt looked very happy lately so I will try it in the 14. everyone with short tentacle plates please let me know what your best practices are with them.

I think I am going to have to move my orange plate coral to my 14 gallon. I just cant find a good spot for it in the 3 gallon anymore. It hasnt looked very happy lately so I will try it in the 14. everyone with short tentacle plates please let me know what your best practices are with them.

I haven't had one very long, but mine's in my 8g. I feed it mysis & other frozen foods. it's doing well so far. All puffy & happy.

I'm sure you were doing the same thing. Probably just needed more space.

L

anyone have any ideas why these palys have not opened up any more than what you see in this pic? I have moved it to a different spot in the tank almost everyday and have had no luck with getting them to open. anyone have any ideas?

2012-03-20_09-23-06_838.jpg

anyone have any ideas why these palys have not opened up any more than what you see in this pic? I have moved it to a different spot in the tank almost everyday and have had no luck with getting them to open. anyone have any ideas?

2012-03-20_09-23-06_838.jpg

Saw jg's pico! its very nice looking, you did a great job man!

but yeah i saw that one coral didn't open up :( hope it will soon

Saw jg's pico! its very nice looking, you did a great job man!

but yeah i saw that one coral didn't open up :( hope it will soon

Thanks for the compliment man. Ypu are the first person on nr that has seen my tank.

Im going to try dipping the palys to see if that helps.

Thanks for the compliment man. Ypu are the first person on nr that has seen my tank.

c579fb01.gif

Im going to try dipping the palys to see if that helps.

Hope the dipping works!

I cant wait to get it up. It will be so nice to finally have a big tank to work with. Im not sure ill know what to do with that much room.

those look a lot like zoas as they do not have sand on their stems. most palys i have seen use the sand on their stems and zoas do not. plus those just look like zoas all closed up like that.

those look a lot like zoas as they do not have sand on their stems. most palys i have seen use the sand on their stems and zoas do not. plus those just look like zoas all closed up like that.

I thought they could be zoas but wasnt 100% sure. The polyps are just bigger than any zoas i have had before.

Did a freshwater dip on the zoas and they are looking better already. Im hoping they open up all the way later today. If so ill snap a pic.

I like random photo time. It's Purty. :D

Thanks L I appreciate it. I realize the pics I post are usually of all the same things but there is a lot of growth. Thanks for always checkin in.

Thanks L I appreciate it. I realize the pics I post are usually of all the same things but there is a lot of growth. Thanks for always checkin in.

Like I said, I got ma favorites. :D

There is growth. I can totally see it.

L

Archived