Cultivated Reef

Sarah's 10gal "Rimless"

saraswati

ric's you say. helfrichchicks old ADA.

FTS_edited_together.jpg

HOLY CRAP CAN I GET A #^@% YEAH!

Was just talking about how I want to do scape in big new tank... I think I'll keep my arch, put it to one side, and then build a huge shelf type thing mid-way up, epoxied to the back to fill up some of the vertical space. I need to go rock shopping. Of course, I won't even have the new tank until Coastie transfers his over to whatever new monstrosity he's purchased :happy: Sigh... I just like planning.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol planing is where ever one seems to screw up. when I think of how long I spent planing my 29. then watching how others just just through thing up. lets just say I spend much time greatly amused.

wow me speil whell. I swear I went to school.

fixed that

lol planing is where ever one seems to screw up. when I think of how long I spent planing my 29. then watching how others just throw things up. lets just say I spend much time greatly amused.

Well the longest part of the wait is waiting for me to return back to KY. I gotta figure out how we are going to do the whole transfer and of course building a new stand... Hopefully that first weekend I am back I will be utilizing my new Ryobi cordless combo of awesomeness! YAAYYYYY

So I am thinking the weekend of 05FEB I should have everything swapped over.

Well the longest part of the wait is waiting for me to return back to KY. I gotta figure out how we are going to do the whole transfer and of course building a new stand... Hopefully that first weekend I am back I will be utilizing my new Ryobi cordless combo of awesomeness! YAAYYYYY

So I am thinking the weekend of 05FEB I should have everything swapped over.

oooo Power tools!!! Building our chicken coop has shown me just how many more tools I could use to have... ugh.

That sounds good. That gives me a few more paychecks to pick up the overflow and inevitable schtuff that goes along with the sump... I also reeeeeeeeeally need to finish cleaning out my basement so I can get the dresser put where I want, my bed put back together, etc., although we made a lot of progress tonight! So excited to be sleeping on my own mattress, instead of a tiny twin-sized mattress that I'm *sure* is older than I am!! Hurray!

Coastie, just let me know what it is exactly that you're wanting to sell, and for how much. I already have a stand, I know, but Ryan wasn't sure what all you were keeping, etc.

Well I was actually thinking about selling the tank, stand, light, lid, and sump. If you don't want the stand no biggie. I think I even have some left over plumbing supplies that I will just toss in. What I was thinking is that if you pick up the same overflow and return I'll take those off of you and you can take the already installed ones. That way I don't have to dismantle all of that stuff.

But any way is clever. And as I said if you don't have all the money up front, no biggie. I'm flexible.

recommended power tools for home ownership.

jig saw

sander

table saw/circular saw that can be used in table.

router

drill

100' & 25' heavy duty power cord with led indicting plug.

then if you want to get fancy

radial arm saw/miter saw

drill press

Did you get my text about the Green Serpent Star? That thing will devour all of your algae.

Mebbe we go look for one tonight? What do I do with him when it's all gone though?

Well I was actually thinking about selling the tank, stand, light, lid, and sump. If you don't want the stand no biggie. I think I even have some left over plumbing supplies that I will just toss in. What I was thinking is that if you pick up the same overflow and return I'll take those off of you and you can take the already installed ones. That way I don't have to dismantle all of that stuff.

But any way is clever. And as I said if you don't have all the money up front, no biggie. I'm flexible.

Yeah, I'd probably take everything but the stand. We have plenty of hefty bits of furniture sitting around the basement that need a use!

Good idea about the overflow. That would save us both a lot of hassle.

recommended power tools for home ownership.

jig saw

sander

table saw/circular saw that can be used in table.

router

drill

100' & 25' heavy duty power cord with led indicting plug.

then if you want to get fancy

radial arm saw/miter saw

drill press

Pretty sure I have everything but the circular saw (waaaant) and the router (and the fancy stuff). I really want a new drill/driver that has the detachable driver part (my uncle had a Firestorm that did that, and it was AWESOME) so I didn't have to switch back and forth, or use my roommates *ancient* driver, that doesn't even go in reverse :-/

In other news, I peeked in today to feed the fish and top off, and the algae is certainly looking... rangy. It was *horrific* yesterday when I covered it up, but it's looking a little better today, just stringy. Cleaned out my powerhead and filter because they were disgusting... Getting some water from Ryan tonight, and I'll probably go ahead and do a water change when I get back. And I'll look for a crazy serpent star, if need be. Also picking up a ton of rics tonight, BECAUSE I HAVE A PROBLEM.

Well if I keep the 15 then having the stand may not be so bad. But if I decide not to I may just throw it in for free if you want it. I am still deciding the future of the 15 though. May even make it a frag tank? Who knows.

And I don't want to hear about your problems.... My problems are a bit more expensive.

Well if I keep the 15 then having the stand may not be so bad. But if I decide not to I may just throw it in for free if you want it. I am still deciding the future of the 15 though. May even make it a frag tank? Who knows.

And I don't want to hear about your problems.... My problems are a bit more expensive.

Oooo I would to a frag tank! FUN FUN FUN! And something that might at least make you a little bit of money, to make up for all the Acans you buy :-D AND MORE TANKS.

Also, this is going to be a post of gargantuan proportions, cause here comes a bunch of pictures too!!!

GOOOOBY!

SANY3471.jpg

Goby and Qwab. Goby is just friends with everyone.

SANY3482.jpg

FTS from a couple of days ago.

SANY3496.jpg

Qwab shouldn't have sat in a cave of algae for days, cause now he's dirrrrty.

SANY3524.jpg

He really couldn't get any cuter!

SANY3546.jpg

Ok, this mushroom would not attach WHEN I GOT THE TANK. It got blown away, I thought it was dead. Found it on the back of my big rock. He's a survivor. He is also now attached to the back of that big rock. Twit.

SANY3510.jpg

This is what I'm talking about with the feather dusters. One on the right is happy as a, well, feather duster. THAT IS THE FARTHEST OUT THE PURPLE ONE WILL GO. Wtf. He's not dead, but he's also stupid. What gives?

SANY3537.jpg

And the newest full tank shot, still a couple of days ago.

SANY3542.jpg

Ok, I'm done. I swear.

you should get an AC 110. you could prabaly stick your heater and thermomemter in there, as well as your cheato. It'll make your tank less crowded. Also, a surface would be good for this tank.

you should get an AC 110. you could prabaly stick your heater and thermomemter in there, as well as your cheato. It'll make your tank less crowded. Also, a surface would be good for this tank.

Well, this tank is going to be sumped as soon as I get the new tank from Coastie. He said it should be all transferred over by early February. I'm totally excited about having a sump to hide all that, fer sure. Eventually, too, I'll get a skimmer. Woooot.

I am hoping! I may even take some time off work to transfer everything. Hell once I have the stand built if you want to come help with moving everything you'll be able to take it with you! I'll probably end up being stupid and buy new sand so you might not need to buy any of that either...

I am hoping! I may even take some time off work to transfer everything. Hell once I have the stand built if you want to come help with moving everything you'll be able to take it with you! I'll probably end up being stupid and buy new sand so you might not need to buy any of that either...

Awesome! Just make sure you do it on a weekend! I work M-F!

up oh

theres gonna be condoleeza's out to get ya every where you go now. their never going to let you forget you called them stupid.

BTW panda and warpaint gobies.... You need them.

Just no stupid names.

Obviously, warpaint Goby would have to be William Wallace. And Panda gobies look funny.

Ah come on now. My clowns are named Sushi & wasabi.

That's pretty awesome.

Ya but she'd name one of em Condoleeza or something.....

Something wierd.

#### Condoleeza.

But for serious. Tank looks so much better. Hair algae isn't completely gone (WILL IT EVER BE!?) but cyano is outta thur. And actually, feather duster has been looking pretty happy and coming out a lot, although still not all the way.

Archived