inTank Media Baskets

Pong's 20L College Reef

awpong

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks. like once daily feedings?

Well my other tank has a harem of flasher wrasses and a sunburst anthias, so I feed that tank 3 times a day. However, I'll usually throw a small portion of food into my 20L while I'm feeding the other tank. But other than those tiny additions of food, it's just one main feeding.

The main reason I throw the extra food in the tank is because I want my clowns to start breeding. I've heard that more food is a good incentive to start breeding.

Here's a quick tank video I threw together this afternoon. I was hoping the video quality would have come out a wee bit better, but it's alright.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell... has anyone else had this happen? This pair has been together since January of last year, but they just recently decided to choose different hosts.

My female clown has been residing in the frogspawn for quite a while now:

ClownFemale.jpg

But apparently my male got sick of the female chasing him away, so he decided to take up residence right next door.

ClownMale.jpg

Clowns.jpg

Alright... She won't let him have anything nice. My female decided that my male didn't deserve to host anything. So.... now she spends half her time in my frogspawn, and half her time in my torch....

ClownFemale-1.jpg

My male is without a home again.

At least during the day. At night the female stays in the frogspawn and the male will chill in the torch.

• 3 weeks later...
Alright... She won't let him have anything nice. My female decided that my male didn't deserve to host anything. So.... now she spends half her time in my frogspawn, and half her time in my torch....

ClownFemale-1.jpg

My male is without a home again.

At least during the day. At night the female stays in the frogspawn and the male will chill in the torch.

Female clownfish can be so moody...

I had a pair for 5 years that were on again, off again constantly. Of course the female decided when the male could come home and when he had to go sleep somewhere else. Oh, and her home...it was a 14" Gigantea amemone! She was ridiculous about sharing the space. The male was usually allowed back a week before the female was ready to lay eggs and then kicked out soon after the eggs hatched.

My wife thinks he was cheating on her. We found the anemone eating a very pretty Midas Blenny who my wife says the male invited home and got caught.

I'll post an updated FTS later when I get my tripod back from my friend. I've had a lot of growth since the last update and the tank is looking great.

Anyways, here are some pictures and a few updates:

Here is one of the pieces that I had that's been recovering nicely.

Before:

af4ab668-1-1-1.jpg

Now:

RecoveringSPS.jpg

I also noticed that some of my Pinwheel/Eye of Rah zoas are starting to morph and they look neat.

YellowZoanthidMorph.jpg

YellowZoaMorph2.jpg

You can see how they developed a yellow mouth as opposed to the typical orange.

And here's just a cool pic of my six line wrasse.

WrasseFace.jpg

altolamprologus

Very nice! The difference in that acro is absolutely amazing. How much time in between the pics?

Very nice! The difference in that acro is absolutely amazing. How much time in between the pics?

The first picture was taken back in September, but the color didn't start to come back until about a month and a half ago. Buying the RO/DI unit and cleaning my skimmer really helped a lot. When I get my tripod back from my friend I'll take a FTS and show how much all of my SPS has really perked up color wise.

Here's the new FTS as promised.

FTSMarchJPG.jpg

I'm a little sad that my clam has decided to reattach to the rock sideways and that my orange shrooms bleached a little. Other than that, the rest of the coral is thriving and my sps' colors have never been more vibrant!

altolamprologus
Here's the new FTS as promised.

FTSMarchJPG.jpg

I'm a little sad that my clam has decided to reattach to the rock sideways and that my orange shrooms bleached a little. Other than that, the rest of the coral is thriving and my sps' colors have never been more vibrant!

Wow you weren't kidding about the sps color! They look great, and it looks like they've grown quite a bit as well. Your tanks never cease to amaze me :)

This tank is amazing! Totm quality!

That's exactly what I was thinking :)

Thanks so much, that means a lot!

:D Maybe one day fingerscrossed

This tank actually looks better than some of the previous totm winners! You definitely deserve it.

Great looking tank! Your tank Is definitely one that made me decide to go with a 20L

Thanks everyone! Y'all have inspired me to take a bunch of pics of the tank today.... so here you are!

32 new pics of my tank! Enjoy!

Side Tank Shots and Reflection Shot

SideShot1.jpg

SideShot2.jpg

SideShot3.jpg

Reflection.jpg

SPS Island

SPSIsland-1.jpg

Acros.jpg

PinkMilli.jpg

PinkMilli2.jpg

Pocillipora.jpg

BirdsofParadise.jpg

OrangeDigi.jpg

GreenAcro.jpg

GreenMilli.jpg

Birdsnest.jpg

Blastomussa-1.jpg

Zoa Island

ZoaIsland.jpg

Ricordia.jpg

PinkZootSuit.jpg

Pinwheel.jpg

Mohawks.jpg

MintChocolateChip.jpg

MintChocolateChipBirdsEye.jpg

Horizons.jpg

DevilsArmor.jpg

DragonsEye-1.jpg

BirdsEyeZoa.jpg

Miscellaneous

GSP.jpg

GSP2.jpg

Lilly.jpg

Lilly2.jpg

PorcelainCrab.jpg

TedSixLineWrasse.jpg

Wow, first time I seen this tank today and I think its beautiful man. I actually just picked up a neon green torch yesterday and its already my favorite coral in the tank. How did you mount the frogspawn to the overflow? Just glue?

Wow, first time I seen this tank today and I think its beautiful man. I actually just picked up a neon green torch yesterday and its already my favorite coral in the tank. How did you mount the frogspawn to the overflow? Just glue?

Thanks. Yea, it's just normal superglue gel, but I did add some epoxy to the skeleton to create a flat surface to lay flush against the overflow.

Your tank looks incredible...so much growth.

Half the fun is watching everything grow from tiny little frags to vibrant and thriving colonies :)

Archived