Innovative Marine Aquariums

Picotope craziness!

Pilg0re

any updates?

Well I moved the tank to my kitchen, cleaned it up really well and everything looks really good now except random zoas disappearing and my magician palys won't open :(

I'll take some pics when I get home today.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well nothing was really on the rocks, it's just I couldn't see through the glass haha

What really helped was after I did a ton of W/C I moved the tank and while all my rocks/corals were in the bucket I scrubbed the glass down. I'm still hitting the water changes hard as I think I can stop by now because everything looks great I'm just being cautious and it really isn't that much water so it's not a big deal.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to share some pics, yes I know they're under actinics, and yes they're edited but Iike how they came out. Also, my picotope is slowly turning to sps dominant!

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

I just wanted to share some pics, yes I know they're under actinics, and yes they're edited but Iike how they came out. Also, my picotope is slowly turning to sps dominant!

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

YOU HAVE NICE THINGS. :angry:

I want nice things... <_<

YOU HAVE NICE THINGS. :angry:

I want nice things... <_<

Thank you!

The only thing in those pictures that doesn't have the correct color is the one with the green magicians in it lol, that zoa actually has a bright pink ring around it!

• 7 months later...

Wow, so it's been a really really long time since I've updated. Some bad news though. Since I'm between college and home I had to contend with living in an apartment with no AC this summer.

The battle of heat was a daily struggle and many of the corals in there (that were otherwise doing awesome) couldn't handle the stress.

The clam (he's the toughest thing in the tank), a large(ish) acro colony, the nicer acans, and my prized zoas are doing alright now that I'm back at home and everything is stable and doing well.

I don't know if anybody is fallowing this, but I figure I would give you guys an update

i remember this still. unfortunate about the temp issues. I've been there already and since we really dont run AC much in the summer here where i live, I had to get an Iceprobe chiller for my picotope. with the help of the chiller, this past summer has been no problem for my pico.

Archived