Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Picotope craziness!

Pilg0re

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feed my corals(which is where the waste comes from) Corals really don't add much, if any, bioload. Not compared to any fish that's for sure.

please just go slow, unlike me, you will have a much smoother experience that way.

I am just curious, do you fully understand coral biology? not an attack on you or anything, I believe you may have a little misconception about them. Not a fatal one dont worry.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong but everything I've ever come across when I google coral bioload states that coral adds and extremely lie bioload, buy when you feed them that's where a large amount of the waste comes from.

I'm not going to says corals don't produce waste and whatnot but with regular waterchanges I don't see why it wouldn't be extremely manageable.

Edit: If it has to do with QT or anything, I always make a makeshift QT tank out of a small bucket with a powerhead and light for a few days to make sure everything is going okay (no pests or diseases) before I add them to my DT.

Nice build! So, what are you using for blues and whites?

Thanks! It was definitely a challenge because of a bad LED but other than that the build went smoothly.

One one string I have 4 XR-E RB at 700mA

And then on the other string I have 4 XR-E CW and 2 nanotuners true violet at 500mA.

I am one white LED down right now so I'm only running 9 and it looks kinda uneven but that will we fixed soon.

QT will be a very good idea if youre buying everything at once.

I ALWAYS qt corals. You can pick up real nasty stuff on frags.

I'm sure I'll throw some stuff in my 10g as well. It could use some new frags.

I want a big frag tank sooo bad.

Oh boy, put my order in with mr.coral in yesterday! Should be at my place on Wednesday!

Pics to come!

I think I'm going to move my zoa rock to my 10g to make room for the frags.

Gift cards FTW!

Taking your advice I'm going to split this between my picotope and my 10g and then slowly introduce the new frags in.

Item Sku Qty Subtotal

Z223 AWESOME CHALICE Z233 1 $10.00

D921 Molten Lava Chalice D921 1 $10.00

N113 GREEN LANTERN CHALICE N113 1 $10.00

O42 MR. FREEZE PALYS O42 1 $10.00

LL176 SPACE INVANDER CHALICE LL176 1 $10.00

DD244 LAFFY TAFYY CHALICE DD244 1 $10.00

D*33 YELLOW EYE WATERMELON D*33 1 $10.00

Z207 PURPLE UP ACAN Z207 1 $10.00

Z205 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Z205 1 $10.00

JAPANESE FRAG PACK FREE!!!! D*45 1 $0.00

D*44 LOVE IT!! D*44 1 $10.00

G*12 KeddRedd G*12 1 $10.00

D*12 HULK D*12 1 $10.00

J501 HALLOWEEN ACAN LIMIT 1 J501 1 $10.00

ZZ36 VICTORIA SECRETS ACAN LIMIT 1 ZZ36 1 $10.00

DD105 IS THAT YOU SPIDERMAN? LIMIT 1 DD1005 1 $10.00

I know it's confusing and honestly I think I forgot what some of these look like but I didn't pick out anything boring.

I think I'm LPS crazy... :)

I'm really digging acans/chalices.

I think my trip to vivid will result it some nice zoas,a monti, and maybe if I can talk them into it a reaaaaaallllyyyy small frag of this. Otherwise I won't be able to afford it.

Yeah, I know, but I only have like 1 in my 10 so I was just going to spread them out in there to perk up the tank a bit.

But really, I love chalaces especially when they cover the plug and start to spread.

What's your opinion on a porcelain crab?

I have some coral food from reef cleaners that I could feed a few times a week for him and the corals.

Just got home for winter break!!

Tank is back up and everything is open and happy!!

Going to do another .5g WC on top of a gallon of new water I added today.

Fedex is coming tomorrow morning for you know what, super excited!

What else...hmm going to put on my replacement for my DOA white LED tonight after the lights go off.

I'll be sure to post pics tomorrow after my package arrives. I may not be on much after that though because Gran Turismo 5 comes out tomorrow and I seem to not be able to put those games down.

I'll have a post full of pics for you guys tomorrow!

dang i used to be so into GT before. GT5 has made me wait so long now thatI'm a bit too drawn away from it at this point. I'm afraid to go get it right now during school though. I'd probably play it 10 hours a day if I did lol, which is why i need to ignore its release at least until my winter break xD (I havent touched my ps3 in a year now I think)

Other than GT5 I really haven't used it as a game console for awhile, I have netflix and blu-rays so it's pretty much been a media server to me.

Pics:

The box I got!

IMG_0139.jpg

Packaged nicely:

IMG_0140.jpg

It's cold here so warm pack was needed:

IMG_0141.jpg

Bagged nicely, no leaks!

IMG_0142.jpg

Temp acclimating:

IMG_0143.jpg

Making sure everything is groovy/removing plugs:

IMG_0144.jpg

Everything in there!

IMG_0145.jpg

So far, I'm very happy! Everything looks good and healthy!

Here's a series of crappy iphone pics of the frags. I really wish I could get a pic of them with just the RB's. They all look soo cool!

spiderman/ purple acan

IMG_0162.jpg

Aquaman chalice tried to get RB shot

IMG_0159.jpg

Victoria Secret Acan/flamethrower chalice

IMG_0157.jpg

Kedd Red's

IMG_0155.jpg

Spiderman/Purple Acan

IMG_0154.jpg

I received 2 spiderman acans, but have correct number of frags, not sure what I'm missing but hey, another limit 1 item no biggie

IMG_0152.jpg

Mr. Freeze Paly's

IMG_0151.jpg

Halloween acan, flamethrower chalice, and a no name chalice

IMG_0150.jpg

There are a lot more frags I didn't take pics of, I'm going to wait for my gf's camera to do that.

the Mr. Freeze plays look to me like a zoa.

everything looks great!

So you sound like you got into GT5 :lol: What did you start your career with?

Also you drive a scion? (saw keys next to acclimating frags) tC? or one of the boxes?

Yeah the palys (zoas) really do, but I'm not really complaining.

I do have some crazy looking zoas though, I just want a better camera before I show them off :D

My RPE's look awesome too under the blues!

I started off with a crappy euro toyota, but I'm working my way up to buy a used skyline.

Yes I do, a TC. Hasn't let me down yet. They won't let me have it at school so I've just been driving around since I've been home :)

nice!

One thing though, I think you should have started everything out at the bottom of the tank to avoid lighting shock, but dont change it if you already have things glued down. just raise the light a bit for now then lower it back slowly over the next weeks.

Darn, I dont really want to get into a GT conversation because that will just make me want to buy it more. I know I am the one who started it :lol:

That's a nice car, good to hear it's not one of the boxes with wheels (sorry if I'm offending you, I just have a hatred toward all the other models lol.) I commute to my college, so I get to drive my car every time, it's really fun. BUT not as fun as dorming lol, thats one experience that i will regret passing up (partially, i cant afford it...)

As for starting at the bottom, gotta love dimmable leds. I only have them at ~20% right now.

Dorming is alright, I'd just rather have my own apartment.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update here, I'm currently in Los Angeles visiting family and I stopped in at vivid aquariums and I was instantly amazed by what I saw. Tons of awesome corals and great service at what I think are great prices. I suspect their online portion of their business is just as wonderful.

So I come home this coming Thursday, when it will ship) and I'll be at home on Friday to acclimate/dip everything and introduce it to my tanks (this picotope and my 10g).

I didn't buy too many things, but what I did buy are NICE. I spent way too much money, but hey, how many chances do I get to be in such a nice store(none anything close to this in Cleveland)?

So yeah, but everything else is going great and I can't wait to get you guys pics to see the progress!

Archived