ReefCleaners.org

Picotope craziness!

Pilg0re

100th post w00t!

Ok so I have some quick pics to show (kinda sucky) of the new items I got.

Rainbow Acan

DSC02270.JPG

Rose Nebula

DSC02275.JPG

Magicians!

DSC02276.JPG

Eagle Eye (I think that's what it is, I got a good price anyways) Colony

DSC02294.JPG

My "Christmas" Rock

DSC02296.JPG

True Superman Monti

DSC02310.JPG

Vivid Rainbow Paly

DSC02314.JPG

This isn't all of the stuff I got, but I didn't take pics of them yet. I will soon!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what you think!! My thread needs love :P

Also I came up with a new piece of equipment for my tank, that I'll share with you guys later!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! I'll post a fts when I get home later today. Yeah it's packed right now, but it's in temporary storage as I clean up my neglected 10g then some of the frags will be headed to there.

Actually, I went on vacation to Los Angeles to visit family and stopped by vivid aquarium. I had them shipped the same day I left and it met me at home the next day.

Nice corals man, your tank looks super clean.

Thanks!!!

It's really not that bad when you don't have any fish/barely feed the tank. I have like 2 ceriths and 2 stomatellas.

I also do .25g watcher changes a day. So far so good :happydance:

gulfsurfer101

I used to do 1g wc's daily on my ap24 when I first started keeping coral and I would get phenominal growth and coloration. That is just no longer an option for me with three kids always running around like crazies.

me want your Christmas rock. I have the same mix in my 10 gal, but yours are so much more numerous and have much more pronounced colors under LEDs, that they completely dwarf w/e ones i have!

yep, Christmas rock is awesome there :D

Nice!

Have you considered remounting things on rubble? I am not a real fan of the frag plug look...but having said that you have a SMOKING tank!

Yeah I'm not a fan of the plug either, but in time whatever is on them will grow over that so I'm not so worried. Plus some of the zoas were recently fragged so the disks are still really white.

me want your Christmas rock. I have the same mix in my 10 gal, but yours are so much more numerous and have much more pronounced colors under LEDs, that they completely dwarf w/e ones i have!

yep, Christmas rock is awesome there :D

Thanks!!

The whole rock was only like $45 bucks too so when I saw it i was like "GOTTA HAVE IT!!!"

This tank can live indefinately with no old tank syndrome because the only surface to trap and retain detritus measurably is the live rock

the water change work and the light feeding won't even be a challenge, this is truly a detritus free system if it were mine Id also make sure via deflection some current gets aimed up under that rock structure just to keep that bottom glass mirror clean. could easily be a ten year reef if you get lucky with hardware reliability.

This tank can live indefinately with no old tank syndrome because the only surface to trap and retain detritus measurably is the live rock

the water change work and the light feeding won't even be a challenge, this is truly a detritus free system if it were mine Id also make sure via deflection some current gets aimed up under that rock structure just to keep that bottom glass mirror clean. could easily be a ten year reef if you get lucky with hardware reliability.

Thanks! It's nice to know I have people who have waaay more experience than me like this tank.

• 2 months later...

Sooo I've been gone a really long time :P

Stuff got busy, and I haven't had time to spend my life on here haha

Well after my mom took care of my tank for a few days while I was out of town I had a an algae bloom and my params weren't that great.

Lost a couple of things, including my big sps colony but it was going anyways to be honest as I think it didn't take to shipping very well.

Oh well, everything else looks good now and very frequent 1 gallon water changes have gotten things back on track.

Well just a bit of an update on other tank news is that I'm starting to plan out a 55g or 75g tank that if it ever happens I'm going to incorporate both tanks into that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived