Top Shelf Aquatics

Suggs' DIY 5ft Acrylic Shallow Nano on the wall

Suggs

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates but I've not worked on the tank for a long time. Anyway, the plumbing is now all done. Certainly wasn't an easy task!!

P1020767.jpg

P1020768.jpg

Dude, that plumbing is nuts!!!!!

I've got to agree here. My first thought was, "Holy crap that looks like a jumbled mess.", and then I actually looked at it and what you did with it. It actually seems like it is an amazingly simple setup with all things considered. Lets see some water!

You have to see the plumbing in the flesh to get a true idea of whats happening but yes, its a bit crazy! It might not look too thought out but I promise it is! There are 3 separate closed loop systems each with its own pump. I can control the flow of each closed loop with the ball valves. I just need to silicone some of the threads and then ill be filling it.

Ive also decided to polish all the acrylic joints. You wont see any of them when the frame is on but it spoils the look and overall quality like it is now.

Does anyone think it is worth using the right hand sump for cheato?

saltwatercoral

WOW, make your own tank, LED lighting, stand and have the TIME for all of that... Your my hero! Great Job. Im def following this one!

Hey Suggs, what an amazing job, Nothing is better than a diy project. The setup is going to be beautiful, you should be really proud!

My only concerns would be vibration. its a pet peeve of mine. How are the three pumps when running?

My only concerns would be vibration. its a pet peeve of mine. How are the three pumps when running?

AARRGG I agree!! Drives me craZy :wacko:

Beautiful job on this project…..

Sweet lookin' setup! :D

Dynamat...... Swear tah Gawd, it KILLS vibration in external pumps.

Please tell me yer hiding yer plumbing!? :eek:

Thank you all for the very kind comments. I love making things and I'm lucky to have the workshop to play in.

The pumps should be pretty silent once they are run in. If there is any pump vibration I will sit them on something or in something. I've not heard of Dynamat before so i'll have a look at that.

Please tell me yer hiding yer plumbing!? :eek:

Yeah, of course! Everything apart from the display will be behind the frame. There is a sketch at the top of the 1st page.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey man on ur LED fixture what did u use as a cover like glass or plexiglass? and if plexi have u ran it for awhile to see if the heat will mess with the plexi?

Archived