Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

i found out what i am looking for, it is called: Neon Green Toadstool Leather.

i am about to start one soon.. been so lazy! but the tank been running for about 5 months now.. i kinda got one spiral scape like yours in a way. lol

whatchu doing with that dosing pump bro. test it out and let me know how it work out for you. might consider one too. lol

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll let you know. The SPS are sucking down Calcium like it's nobody's business. I can keep up with water changes right now, but it will be nice to not have to worry about it anymore. I just ordered an eheim 1260 to replace the 1262. The 1262 just raises my water volume in the DT enough to cause dribbles every now and then. It'd be nice to not have to clean the exterior glass so much or worry about water sloshing out when I'm algae scraping.

I thought those were the same pumps with the exception of the inlet size.

They both have the same tubing size. The 1260 is less powerful. I'm betting that the 1260 closer to the stock quiet one pump. The stock pump is rated at a higher gph than the 1262, but it was definitely less powerful. The 1260 is rated at the same wattage as the quiet one. Either I'm going to sell an 8 month old 1262 or a very lightly used 1260 come a week from now.

http://www.marinedepot.com/pumps_eheim_uni...erheads-ap.html

phi delt reefer

cancel the order on the 1260 if you can MED.

the 1262 and 1260 are the exact same pumps - the pump cover assembly is just smaller on the 1260 and can be purchased online for $10. May people buy the 1260 and then buy the 1262 inlet to upgrade the pump.

pump schematic - https://www.eheimparts.com/pdf/1262.pdf

photocomparison - http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8388834

part number 7443659 (1260 pump cover with bushing); order here http://www.eheimparts.com/client/homepage.aspx

so kgehrke was right after all. Thanks for the heads up phi delt. I don't understand why they show different power outputs for the two if they are exactly the same.

phi delt reefer
so kgehrke was right after all. Thanks for the heads up phi delt. I don't understand why they show different power outputs for the two if they are exactly the same.

the 1260 has a more restrictive pump cover so it actual reduces the voltage the pump runs at.

if you take any pump, put a kill-a-watt meter on it and put a ball valve on the output and let it run you will notice a voltage drop as you restrict the output. I dont know if this exclusive to magnetic pumps or if the science applies to direct drive as well.

I'm sure you can post your pump head on reefcentral or this forum to trade for someone with a 1260. Lots of people looking to upgrade vs. downgrade :D

why not put a gate valve or ball valve on the 1262 and reduce the flow slightly? I have my return dialed back a bit like this.

why not put a gate valve or ball valve on the 1262 and reduce the flow slightly? I have my return dialed back a bit like this.

I thought about that too. decisions, decisions!

OMG I just witnessed my Candy Basslets spawn!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd just completed a major cleaning in the tank and had the lid off the tank for awhile. I heard a flop on the floor and KNEW it was the BSJ! Sure enough, my BSJ was on the floor. I scooped him up and dumped him back in the tank. He was shaken up for a minute, but recovered quickly. I was kneeled down and watching him to make sure he was ok. I looked up and noticed my candies swimming slowly, side by side towards the surface. They got about half way up, made a quick motion, and darted back down. In the moment they made a motion, there was visible spawn left in the water! I obviously won't be able to rear anything, but that's amazing! I guess they like their tank! I think the BSJ didn't want to hang around and listen to the sound of fish sex. lol.

Yeah he probably wasn't big on public displays of affection :( So cool though, have they been raised in captivity yet do you know?

Yeah he probably wasn't big on public displays of affection :( So cool though, have they been raised in captivity yet do you know?

None of the cave basslets have been raised in captivity to date. I've seen them in their planktonic stage as late as last year, but none have been reared to juvenile or adult stages. I wouldn't even want to attempt my hand at it, but If I was the first, I could sell the offspring for $900 a pop until someone else figured it out. lol.

B) I would have linked the thread I found about it, but at the time I couldn't find it and felt like I may have been wrong. I'm glad somebody else chimed in.

Yeah i wouldn't waste the money i'd just slap a valve on the output side of the pump and restrict the flow, that way you have full control over it.

lol. Do you think the solstice had anything to do with the spawning?

Hehe you never know!

Fantastic tank and awesome that the candies spawned. It's always awesome when you get to see mother nature at it best. I'm not sure if I commented on your tank yet as I tend to be more of a lurker on forums :ninja:,awesome setup

B) I would have linked the thread I found about it, but at the time I couldn't find it and felt like I may have been wrong. I'm glad somebody else chimed in.

No worries. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah i wouldn't waste the money i'd just slap a valve on the output side of the pump and restrict the flow, that way you have full control over it.

Hehe you never know!

That's probably the best idea.

Fantastic tank and awesome that the candies spawned. It's always awesome when you get to see mother nature at it best. I'm not sure if I commented on your tank yet as I tend to be more of a lurker on forums :ninja:,awesome setup

Thanks Giga! I was definitely excited. If the BSJ hadn't have jumped, I never would have seen it.

Awesome Congrats Med!

+1 That is too awesome

Awesome that they spawned! Congrats!

Thanks guys!

BSJ is just fine with no signs of physical damage. I unfortunately overdosed on two part and caused an alk swing. All of my SPS are browned out :-(. I wonder how long they will take to color back up?

Archived