Cultivated Reef

My current 10g

skipnyc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Corey

you have inspired me  this is one of the most breath taking aquariums Ihave ever seen, and Ido this for a living

Wow, from someone in the trade! Thank you very much. I will definately try to keep up and do better when this tank is taken down and transfered to a new tank. ;)

Skip, where in NYC are you from? I'm really close to switching one of my freshwater tanks to salt, and would like some local references.

Would you ever considered selling this tank? Why waste such a nice creation?

I live in Forest Hills Queens, are there any shops nearby you'd recommend?

I am in Manhattan. As for local LFS, there are a few around, but I don't go to them much. Usually the best pieces are gone before I even got a chance to see them. You probably have better luck if you go to the store twice a day, or have an insider who can inform you of incoming shipment. Unfortunately I don't have connections in any of the local stores, thus my best lucks are usually getting the corals from internet vendors. For more local infomations you can check out this link.

Nah....I don't think I'll be selling my tank. But thanks for thinking that it is good enough to buy. :happy:

im a super lurker trying to pick up some tips about keeping a nano on this great site. your tank is really great inspiration for someone like me who havent set up a tank yet.

thanks for the new wallpaper. : )

btw, do you have higher resolution pictures you can share with us?

Originally posted by chinaboy1021

im a super lurker trying to pick up some tips about keeping a nano on this great site. your tank is really great inspiration for someone like me who havent set up a tank yet.  

thanks for the new wallpaper. : )

btw, do you have higher resolution pictures you can share with us?

Thanks. You have to show us your creation when it is set up. Sorry, at the moment I have no other pictures, but will take more pictures later. Nothing has changed since the last pictures was taken and I don't think anything will change either, until the day it is taken down. I am thinking of adding the 70w MH to the CSL hood now since looking at what KrackerG has done to his, looks way cool and makes a lot of sense. I've the Icecap new 70w electronic ballast sitting on my desk for a few weeks now, will have to find time to do some DIY job. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta question? Is that a Pistol Shrimp with a Goby or am I just seeing things? Just wanna know because I want this kinda relationship with my tank when or if I get one!

skipnyc,

I have a question. I hope this hasn't been covered. You've got so many replies that I didn't feel like going through all of them.

Anyway, do you run your skimmer 24/7? along with your HOB filter? Or do you just run your skimmer periodically?

Been neglecting this forum a little. Sorry for the late replies.

Mike and lighterofcandles, thanks. :)

smythie14s, that is indeed a Pistol with the Yasha Goby. They came bonded. You should also checkout Jimmy's picture of his Pistol and Yasha Goby (scroll down). It is much clearly picture.

ravenlot, the skimmer is on 24/7. :)

Archived