My current 10g

skipnyc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lazeelegs

no big head eh????

well i better be careful somebody might report me or something

Huh? What do you mean? Why would anyone wants to report you? Sorry, a bit new here.

Thanks bobioden. :)

Originally posted by wetworx101

how about a closeup on the clam???

There's a super close-up of the clam posted earlier. It is doing ok in the tank, but I really don't think it's the best place for it. It will be moving into my new 240g set up soon. It's all part of a learning experience. ;)

Hey skip i seen you had the CSL 20" moonlite. You stated that you had 2x36. Isnt the 20" 2x40. OR did you swap out the stock bulbs for a 36watt True 03 actinic and a 36 watt 10k. Thats what im doing with my 20" CSL hood i am not found of the fake ultra blue actinic.

Originally posted by GSXR1000

Hey skip i seen you had the CSL 20" moonlite. You stated that you had 2x36. Isnt the 20" 2x40. OR did you swap out the stock bulbs for a 36watt True 03 actinic and a 36 watt 10k. Thats what im doing with my 20" CSL hood i am not found of the fake ultra blue actinic.

Actually, I think it wasn't even 2x36w but 2x32w according to CSL website. Some vendors are selling 2x40w with moonlight, so I am bit confused. Will chack when I get home and let you know for sure.

Oh my fault you dont have the moonlite pc combo you have a smartlite or something. I see. Can you show me some more full fronts of your tank and what you have for a canopy and pics of that. Very inspiring tank good work. That tank should have a website:P cough cough tank of the month. Also your using CSLs stock ultra actinic right.

Oh my fault you dont have the moonlite pc combo you have a smartlite or something. I see. Can you show me some more full fronts of your tank and what you have for a canopy and pics of that. Very inspiring tank good work. That tank should have a website:P  cough cough tank of the month. Also your using CSLs stock ultra actinic right.

It is a PC with MoonLight combo fixture. I love it. I'll take a picture with the lighting in the picture and post it soon. Thank you for the "cough, cough". :P

I just orderd the same fixture as you i think that CSL website has a error on the 2o" model. I just orederd mine and its a 2x40w. Dont matter cause im swapping it out for 1 36watt 10k and one 1 36 true 03 actinic. WHich i seen nobody with and ill turn heads and have everybody doing it when i get mine. Cant wait to post pics Post those pics fast B)

No, no....I have the 20" fixture with one 10k and one Ultra-actinic lamps and one LED moonlight. I will check the wattage when I get home and let you know for sure what they are.

Cool ya let me know,

Cause on CSL website its listed as 32x2 which cant be right cause 32 watters are only like 13 inches. Im sure its 2x40 but check. Im lookin to replace mine with the true actinic 03 36 watters and the yare 16inches 40watters are 18inches. Yes but please do double check for me. Also how do you like it so far is it cool. I just orederd mine cant wait.

Cool ya let me know,

Cause on CSL website its listed as 32x2 which cant be right cause 32 watters are only like 13 inches. Im sure its 2x40 but check. Im lookin to replace mine with the true actinic 03 36 watters and the yare 16inches 40watters are 18inches. Yes but please do double check for me. Also how do you like it so far is it cool. I just orederd mine cant wait.

I really like it a lot.

GSXR1000, you are right. It is the 40w lamps. The CSL website has the wrong information. I have never used the 36w lamps. Wonder what are the differences?

ONy diffrence that i know is that the 40 watt pcs are 18 inches long. And the 36 watts are 16 inches long. THey would fit but i wonder if it would make a BIG diffrence in the tank coming 2 inches short.

ONy diffrence that i know is that the 40 watt pcs are 18 inches long. And the 36 watts are 16 inches long. THey would fit but i wonder if it would make a BIG diffrence in the tank coming 2 inches short.

With the 18" stock lamps, it is noticeably darker on the sides. So I guess the 16" will make it more so. But let me know how it turns out when you change the lamps. :)
Originally posted by birdman204

KILLER PICS!!! 1 question,   Why the Fokker would you tear that down?  Ill take that orange polyped (looks like a ) digi from you :P

Well, the reason can be said with one word we all like to hear; upgrade. :P
Originally posted by jt48

awesome, looks like it could be a 120 gallon.

I am starting a 240g tank now, just put the rocks in. Boy it's a lot harder to aquascape with all the big rocks. X)

I digged into my archive and found this picture of the tank when it was at about 4 - 6 weeks mark.

65332MonthOld.jpg

The Bubble and Hammer corals are now in the bigger tank. They were stinging anything that was within reach.

Archived