ReefCleaners.org

My current 10g

skipnyc

Hi everyone, want to share this, just over 6 months old, 10g. It was posted in some other board before, but it is now moved here. :happy:

Hope it doesn't take up too much space here. Angel2.gif

653310g6months.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

It is a very simple set up. All-Glass 10g, CSL 2x36w PC w/moonlight, Prizm protein skimmer, MiniJet 404, AquaClear 150, about 20lb of LR, just your LFS sand in a bag and that's about it.

Close-up pictures will follow. :)

Ok, here are all the fish in this tank....

6533One-Dot-Clown.jpg

6533Rainford_s-Goby.jpg

The next two pictures are blurry because it is very hard to get those little guys to stay in the open for more than a few second.

6533YashaPistol.jpg

6533Griessingeri-Goby.jpg

OMG You've outdone me. You have a spikefin and a yasha goby. You are now fish master:( . If you're ever interested in selling that spikefin, LMK> I love japanese gobies.

Originally posted by supernip

OMG You've outdone me. You have a spikefin and a yasha goby. You are now fish  master:( . If you're ever interested in selling that spikefin, LMK> I love japanese gobies.

Haha.....nah, not out doing anyone. Once in a while you can catch some of the vendors online with the Spikefin.

what camera are you using? My digital took a dump, and I want one that will take good macro shots like you got here!

Please tell me exaclty how you took those macro pix.

Thanks

yeah but they're overpriced and I dont know the exact condition. Where did you get it and how much did u pay btw? Im hunting one of those down. Im kicking myself for not buying the few I saw online. I would some info on that beautiful goby.

My hord of yasha gobies is put to shame by a simple spikefin :(

great googly mooglee

nice nice nice,,,

gives me something to work towards

well i mean don't get a big head or anything,,,

but that is a sweet tank

Originally posted by robertmun

what camera are you using? My digital took a dump, and I want one that will take good macro shots like you got here!

Please tell me exaclty how you took those macro pix.

Thanks

I am using the Canon Rebel Digital. Some of the pictures are the stock lens and some are taken with the Canon 50mm f2.5 macro lens. The truth is I just started taking those pictures with the camera right out of the box. Haven't read the manual or adjust any setting yet. Just click, click, click. :P

yeah but they're overpriced and I dont know the exact condition. Where did you get it and how much did u pay btw? Im hunting one of those down. Im kicking myself for not buying the few I saw online. I would some info on that beautiful goby.

My hord of yasha gobies is put to shame by a simple spikefin :(

Liveaquaria had one a couple weeks ago for about 275 bucks I think. The Spikefin goby is a lot of fun to watch. I added it to the tank when there wasn't much in there, you could see it hopping around, up and down the rock work all the time. But since I've stock the tank, it is hard to try to find it. It does have a favorite spot though, so that makes it easier to locate. That and the fact that it is so small makes it hard to feed. I guess it just eat whatever is left over in the tank. So far it seems to be hardy and easy to maintain. Let's hope it stays that way for a long time. :)
Originally posted by lazeelegs

great googly mooglee

nice nice nice,,,

gives me something to work towards

well i mean don't get a big head or anything,,,

but that is a sweet tank

No, no! No big head at all, really. Halo.gif

Originally posted by Pigup

i just made a mess.

Haha!

Originally posted by movingshadow

niiiiiice!  I love the aquascaping, the colors, theats one sweet setup!  Great pics too!

Awww.....thanks everyone. It's a lot of hard work as every reefer probably knows. But it is worth it, and being able to share is just great. Thanks to boards like Nano-Reef.com. Thanx.gif

And more pictures....

6533Ric2.jpg

6533RoseBubbleAnemone.jpg

6533TwoColoursSunPolyps_Adam.jpg

This guy was being stung by either the bubble coral or the Ricordia, so I moved both those corals out of it's way. Poor thing now has a few burned spots.

Wow skip!

thats an awsome setup. i love all the diffferent zoos. I am going to do a ten with the same lighting as yours, i hope mine turns out half as good

scott

Have you considered feeding cyclopeeze? Gobies like the yasha (which Im assuming the spikefin is) only eat from the lower water column and sometimes pick up food from the bottom. Cyclopeeze is a good food and my fleet goes crazy for it.

As soon as I find a threadfin under 200bucks, Im going to be all over it like an asian on rice.

Have you considered feeding cyclopeeze? Gobies like the yasha (which Im assuming the spikefin is) only eat from the lower water column and sometimes pick up food from the bottom. Cyclopeeze is a good food and my fleet goes crazy for it.

As soon as I find a threadfin under 200bucks, Im going to be all over it like an asian on rice.

LOL....asian on rice? I know asians who don't like rice. :P

And yeah, I feed them Cyclopeeze. The Yasha loves my homemade gourmet dinner better though. He would immediately comes out of hiding when I drop the food in. The recipe is basically a mix of fresh shrimps, squids, mussels, sardine, razor clams, some lemon juice, a bit garlic paste from the tube and a few drops of Selcon, all coarsely chopped, mixed together and freeze. When it's feeding time, shave it with a cheese grater and voila! Yum, yum! Everyone goes bananas!Starvin.gif

Archived