ReefCleaners.org

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sure is. Got another little beauty today... Stonogobiops nematodes which will get it's own little nano next wednesday. It currently resides in a 6gallon PVC box with rock, sand and everything except the LED lights that will be added to the final product.

Stay tuned!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Long time no ocean!

Nothing much has happened here - tentacles keep swaying, second son was born and a few rocks have been turned just to keep me entertained

Two sons! That's cool man. I keep trying to convince the wife, but it's been 5 years... Congrats.

Glad to hear you still have the tank running.

Thanks Pschom!

And yeah, the tank isn't going anywhere. It's 2,5 years old now and may there be many more to come. :)

Today:

- Balling refills, check

- Chaeto into bin, check

- sump siphoning, check

- Pump cleanup, check

file_zps7222b965.jpg

file_zps9b962e3d.jpg

(Dirty? Be grateful I'm not showing you the insides of these beasts)

- changing carbon, FFUUUUUU!!!

file_zpseb39f0fa.jpg

file_zps1a372aa6.jpg

file_zps41702232.jpg

file_zps92fca89f.jpg

file_zps637c9cb3.jpg

file_zps5b4eb277.jpg

I mean check. A bit of hard headed determination accompanied by power tools can go a long way in this hobby. :lol:

file_zps52cabb7e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Paleoreef103

Hey, love the tank and the Marvin avatar. BTW I have been running a small cryptic zone in my sump and all is well. Can't complain about the extra bio filtration and free tank food. Definitely been a positive addition to the tank despite only being about a six gallon cryptic zone.

• 4 weeks later...

Soo. It's been a while I guess.. Sorry all.

Nothing much has happened on this end of the world. Well I did manage to paint the stairs as I promised the wife just 5 years ago.. :lol: Don't know what's with all the fuss, I said that I'd do it, not when I'd do it.

And after that I had to do something to the black led fixture... Even got around to cleaning the cabinets a bit. Too warm outside for a cold-blooded Finn so I've kept busy indoors.

Also, I've installed a Grotech CoolBreeze6 fan in junction with Profilux computer and it will start at 28 degrees celcius. It's not likely to ever get that hot, but hey, I had the fan and it could be done so why not.

Pictures? Well, all right then...

file_zps7ca279be.jpg

file_zps36db121e.jpg

file_zpsbd81b4db.jpg

file_zps7bc32308.jpg

file_zpsde4059dd.jpg

Waaaaazzzuuupp! Everything is looking great! Your wife is right. Stairs and everything look better white. What the F took you so long. Any plans for the tank? How's the light doing?

Well she tends to be right. Picked up the right guy and all. :D

Plans for the tank? I had some, but they sorta fell through. I was about to replace my sump with larger one (my previous 66 gallon custom to be precise) but we managed to chip it in transit. So I'm probably going to stick with my current setup.

Oh, and did you notice the bulky black monster of a cooler on top of the tank? I ended up camouflaging it up a bit (before the wife even said anything, I might add) to match the lamp.

file_zpsa439ca68.jpg

Oh, and about the light. Well it gets the job done. No gradual dimming in it though, so I've been playing with an idea of a few 40W - 70W pendants with 3-5 channels all controlled via my GHL EX3. Not going to be a reality anytime soon, if ever. Just something to keep the old thinker in check.

As from today on I'll be back to adding traces with balling.. Three sets (A,B and C) each mixed to 10l (2,5gallons) RO/DI.

A. can:
715g Calcium Chloride-Dihydrate
+ 50ml trace element solution 1
+ 50ml trace element solution 2

B. can:
840g Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
+ 50ml trace element solution 3

C.can
250g Sea Salt without Sodium Chloride
+ 550g Magnesium Chloride-Hexahydrate
+ 80g Magnesium Sulfate-Heptahydrate

file_zpsba36cc06.jpg

Oh and this little fella is just 2 days old now. Cute little nem.

file_zpse4f6fa1b.jpg

Friend of mine has a huge blue carpet (30" across) and it moves to and fro a ten inch pattern during the day. He has alternating tidal streams every 6hrs. Beautiful, but delicate.

Archived