ReefCleaners.org

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

715g Calciumclorid-dihydrate, 840g Natriumhydrogencarbonate, 170g Magnesiumchlorid-hexahydrate and 250g NaCl free seasalt. Gently add total of 30l RO/DI, mix gently, lean back and enjoy while the roboreef takes care of the rest.

file-7.jpg

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
file-6.jpg

Scotty's domain - the engine room (without them pesky dilithium crystals - always broken, leaking or some old sh__).

I feel ya, dam dilithium crystals never live up to their name. But the only thing I think your missing is a flux capacitor. It's rumored that you can set it years in the future and have frags to colonies in minutes. :lol:

Anyway your setup looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Egotech Radion TW20W?

Aweomesness! So clean and nice!

Where can I purchase one? Lol

Egotech Radion TW20W?

Aweomesness! So clean and nice!

Where can I purchase one? Lol

Ego = made by ME!!

Tech = proof of me being tech-savvy

Radion = dual led-unit rip off

TW = Tomi Wittfooth (again, ME!!!)

20W = 10W + 10W (1000K)

Thank you kind sir!

You might need to wait a while as my global takeover from MY(!!!) one man lager-powered sweatshop could take a few more weeks than one could anticipate. :lol:

EDIT: Here's some more sweet sweet LED loving for ya..

file-15.jpg

715g Calciumclorid-dihydrate, 840g Natriumhydrogencarbonate, 170g Magnesiumchlorid-hexahydrate and 250g NaCl free seasalt. Gently add total of 30l RO/DI, mix gently, lean back and enjoy while the roboreef takes care of the rest.

file-7.jpg

Want to learn more. Please elaborate.

Want to learn more. Please elaborate.

Here's a pretty descriptive link to a german page (translated to english) on balling method.

But basically it means you use 3-channel dosing pump and 3 liquids;

A. Calcium (CaCl2•2H2O)

B. Alkalinity (NaHCO3)

C. Balance + Magnesium (Sodiumchloride-free sea salt + MgCl2•6H2O + H14MgO11S)

Though it may seem a bit complicated it's simple as it gets. Just get a few lab-grade salts, mix with RO and set the daily dosage to computer. I'm currently using 100ml/solution/day. Computer doses it in 5 equal doses of 20ml and has 5 minutes intervals between different solutions to minimize precipitation.

here's a piece of Montipora confusa I got yesterday. Seems to be enjoying itself.

file-16.jpg

confusa is some of the most beautiful coral there is. thats a very nice piece you have :D

You might need to wait a while as my global takeover from MY(!!!) one man lager-powered sweatshop could take a few more weeks than one could anticipate. :lol:

file-15.jpg

LMAO.

Awesome stuff here! I love that last pic of the confusa.
confusa is some of the most beautiful coral there is. thats a very nice piece you have :D

Thanks guys! :)

Pimped up the DIY led a bit yesterday and switched the other 10000K led to 20000K. Some swift soldering and all was lit again. 20000K is nice and crisp for reef aquarium, and as I'm not maximizing the macro growth in that section it'll be a keeper. Pictures coming later as mu fuge lights turn on (reverse cycle).

This tank started as The Behemoth for nearly 2 years as it was a rickety contraption dreamed up from the darker places of human soul. However, now has finally come the day it has evolved into it's own near-planetary ecosystem with all bits and bobs. I present to you ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha - the pinnacle of my personal reefing experience (mostly harmless).

This tank started as The Behemoth for nearly 2 years as it was a rickety contraption dreamed up from the darker places of human soul. However, now has finally come the day it has evolved into it's own near-planetary ecosystem with all bits and bobs. I present to you ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha - the pinnacle of my personal reefing experience (mostly harmless).

Wuuuhuuuuuuu :happydance:

Ain't got no.. I got life (- Nina Simone).

I mean, I've kept busy with things tad less reef related such as redoing the sauna, redoing the patio deck, exploring the autumn outdoors with my son.... :D

But hey, ask and you shall receive!

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

Sorry?