Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cruz's Area 29 moving on to smaller and quiet things ...

cruzH20polo

Thanks a lot :D

Honestly the YWG is MIA, I havent seen him since the morning after I put him in

I Havent seen him eat, I havent seen a body ( I put a lid on the tank so no carpet surfing), I've checked the sump, He is just no where to be found

In other news,

I mounted the powerbrites in front of T5's instead of behind, and I like it a lot better!

Im starting to make a dent in the bryopsis problem slowly raising the Mg level its at 1400 ppm currently, and Im seeing more die off/less grow back after I remove it. Im still a little perplexed on where it came from, but im slowly getting rid of it

I still don't feel satisfied with the scape ... I might add some more LR iono thought I like the simplicity of less rock... but tank how it is, is not doing it for me. Im not to sure what I am gonna do so Im open for suggestions

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sort of noticed the same kind of reaction from my ywg after I just made the move. He seems a bit more timid and shy. I still see him eating and just being him :happy: but he is not as active yet.

As for changing up your scape I think it looks great with the branch! :happy: Not that I know to much about scaping but I could perhaps see a inclining mountain along the back of the tank with the branch up front. I'm sure you will find something that you're very happy with.

So after having problems with my MP10, the older version I sent it in to EcoMarine last week never heard from them at all...

then yesterday on my birthday I wake to my housemate holding a package for me, EcoMarine sent me out a new MP10 ES model for free!!!! So I set it up it runs like a charm

back to reef crest mode happiness ...yes :happy:

Also replumbing the overflow today ... hopefully to make it quieter and theres new stuffs with my frag tank too!

• 2 weeks later...

So good news and bad news:

bad news first I think: I laid down my Harley last week, broken foot, sprained ankle, fractured wrist, road rash, various bruises and what not but I'm alive, and I haven't really been do anything to my tanks =\

Good: I did a 3 day black out on the tank with a decent Mg dose and most almost all the bryopsis is gone!

automatik_33

Glad to hear you are ok. Bike accidents are no joke as I learned also from experience. Hope you make a speedy recovery. Great news about the bryospis. I check my tank all the time to look for anything out of the ordinary now :lol:

Ouch. No wonder the wife gave into the fish tank after I said I wanted a bike. But seriously sorry to hear bout the accident, but glad to hear that you are doing ok.

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to hear you are ok. Bike accidents are no joke as I learned also from experience. Hope you make a speedy recovery. Great news about the bryospis. I check my tank all the time to look for anything out of the ordinary now :lol:

Thanks, the recovery is going pretty fast, but I guess all the bryopsis didnt die off, so now its back =/

Ouch. No wonder the wife gave into the fish tank after I said I wanted a bike. But seriously sorry to hear bout the accident, but glad to hear that you are doing ok.

haha i can see why

wow that sucks man, hope u bounce back.

i bounced up right after the crash took 3 steps and feel again because I didn't realize i broke my foot

Anything new here?

Not really ... I wish it were though

the new mp10 is doing its thang

the cloves are going CRAZY they've compleltley taken over the top of the branch and are even trying to grow out of the water ... dumb coral

Im just starting to mess with it, road rash/casts and salt water doesn't mix too well :lol:

dude - is the Harley OK? :o

J/K... Glad to hear you are OK. Last pics of the tank look good.

That was the 2nd thing out of my dads mouth haha

thanks ... i wish it still looked like that ...

A little get well soon gift to myself =]

this lobo was far to awesome to pass up,

the iPhone pic doesn't do it justice, it is ridiculously orange and it has some really cool green highlights in it

de866a57.jpg

I'll take a better pic when get back

from this weekends water polo nor-cal tourniment in Davis

I use the white balance setting and set it using all of the lights without the LEDs,

then turn off the lights, and turn the LEDs on,

from there I adjust the shutter speed until the color I see on the display is the color I see on the coral

and turn off the pumps and use a tripod,

I didn't for this ^^^ picture, but I usually do

also the way I got the best color initally was top down shots, my ealier

pics that I had the best color in were top down.

That was before I discovered shutter speed and white balance, read your manual it helped a lot,

there's also a picture tutorial on here that is pretty awesome that lead me in the right direction with my camera

Alright ... its been a long time since I've done a decent photo update, soo

I finally got some pics that really show this guys color! ... feeding time

IMG_1660.jpg

stupid snail was in the way, but I still liked this picture

IMG_1674.jpg

first feeding

IMG_1661.jpg

New colors on the Northern Lights echinata

IMG_1664.jpg

Hungry hungry acan

IMG_1663.jpg

Battle on monti's ... battle on