Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cruz's Area 29 moving on to smaller and quiet things ...

cruzH20polo

boosted chemist
Morning picture bump =]

Looks good, what lighting is that under? Your photos look great any pointers for a ####tty photographer like my self?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last series of pics were under:

2x Ati aqua blue plus

1x aquablue special

1x geismen midday

2x 460nm powerbrites

I'm pretty new to the picture taking thing as well,

there is a picture tutoral on here, that I read and followed and that intially made a lot of difference, then I actually read the manual for the camera and that helped even more haha,

play with shutter speed and white balance, white balance to your full light spectrum then take the pics under actinics, and have fun, don't mad at your camera for not getting the colors right, it most lilley has the ability, you just gotta figure it out =]

also a good start to getting good natural

color I found was to take top down shots, (easy satisfying pictures that you can practice your camera feature on (just don't drop the camera in the tank))

boosted chemist

I will have to look into that thread. question about your sump, i got that file from you, but how do you run media? I looks like you have a rack. I was thnking just tossing the media in the sump is useless unless i can force the water through it. Any input?

here is the link for the pics

as for the media,

Yea, I made a rack section right underneath the return line and the water flowed down through it, probably not the most efficient design, but it worked well for me

boosted chemist
here is the link for the pics

as for the media,

Yea, I made a rack section right underneath the return line and the water flowed down through it, probably not the most efficient design, but it worked well for me

makes sense, i just dont want to add another pump and a dual reactor. Too much #### imo.

fully agree with that, simplicity is best way to go, and when something goes wrong (because something always does <_< ) it's easier to narrow down the potential problems

automatik_33

Have i told you how much I love those acans lately ?:lol: Anyways things are looking great and good to see it after a move. I am a going to be going through the same thing the end of this month. Any tips?

I still see no branch in the tank... -_-

haha i know ... i just want to be safe!

Have i told you how much I love those acans lately ?:lol: Anyways things are looking great and good to see it after a move. I am a going to be going through the same thing the end of this month. Any tips?

acans are awesome, mine are coming a long nicely ... im gonna frag that red one soon

and as for moving ... dont! :lol:

but, if its a quick move, the way I did it was the tank was the last thing to be moved then I had a holding tub set up ( i knew it was going to at least take me a day to get the new tank set up) I bagged just about everything individually, one bucket of liverock, a few buckets for water. make sure everything is sealed up ... move as quickly as smoothly as possible to set the system at the new place ... and take your time, let the water settle and temp is right before you let everyone out.

honestly though, its a different process with every tank, a well planned move is a happy move, make a POA, and have a few back up plans for areas that will be tricky

Also corals are pretty hardy and can handle a moderate range of stress, while fish on there other hand are more finicky

I hope it goes well

rockin the Christmas tree look? nice... Can't wait to see what you do with this. Too bad about the 20L though... movin on to bigger and better things I guess.

rockin the Christmas tree look? nice... Can't wait to see what you do with this. Too bad about the 20L though... movin on to bigger and better things I guess.

christmas tree haha ... hadnt even thought of that

and yea i miss the 20l too, but i like the extra room in the 29

quick photo update:

my favorite ric

IMG_1465.jpg

blue and green and the start of a bryopsis problem (not to worry though i picked up some magnesium today)

IMG_1463.jpg

why thank you ...

itll be so much cooler once that branch gets in there

That branch Is gonna look really cool. The tank is shaping up nice cruz!!

why thank you ...

itll be so much cooler once that branch gets in there

So stop being a vag and put it in already. Haha JK. Shall be sweet tho.

That branch Is gonna look really cool. The tank is shaping up nice cruz!!

I Know!!!

So stop being a vag and put it in already. Haha JK. Shall be sweet tho.

bahahaha... I could take that comment in a lot of directions...

So I just picked up:

my first blasto!

A new ric

And

of course 2 new acans!!!

Ones purple and green

the other is purple and yellow

we need to do a trade soon, i got some acans u may want, i also need a green or blue ric, so keep that in mind lol :D

haha deff... I can always use more acans ... never enough mouths to feed :lol:

and my blue ric just split, and I can always cut the green ones up

in other news I just tested the water from my curing tank

NH4 - 0

NO2 - 0

NO3 - 0

PO4- .25 ppm

im gonna pick up some mass amounts of gel super glue either tonight or tmo then its time to deck out that branch :D

Things are in motion! 2 massive photo updates then im getting that branch ready to rock and roll!

1st of the photo update: my green rhodactis ate a hermit crab and I wanted to document it :lol:

and start the sequence ...

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

quick shot of the babies

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

enjoy!

Blasto!!!!!

IMG_1528.jpg

new purple and yellow acan with some teal ... they open up bigger than a quarter!

IMG_1524.jpg

other new acan

IMG_1525.jpg

new ric

IMG_1506.jpg

look out the center on this guy ... once it heals up is gonna be crazy

IMG_1527.jpg

baby

IMG_1526.jpg

rics

IMG_1520.jpg

cloves being all types of healthy

IMG_1508.jpg

thanks for looking in ... as you check this out I am gettin the branch ready!

Archived