Cultivated Reef

20gal Freshie to Reef Tank!

yoshii

Good jod, i love how you elevated your rock!!

Thank you! :D Since my 55gal(first tank) was more like a guinea pig tank, I have used all the new things I have learned to try and set up this tank better! Like instead of using CC, I'm using sand, I'm making a fuge with this tank, using PVC support under the rock, etc :D

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol fits my budget xD Although, say if both fish were easy to keep and the same price, I'd still go with the bannerfish :)

Yeah, I was thinking about an AC, but IDK if it would fit behind my tank :/

I know, I love just watching my tanks though xD

Haha it kinda does :P Yea moorish idols are veeeery tough to keep alive.

AquaClears are very nice, I have two. How much space do you have behind your tank???

Ahh thats true, me too. Then again I don't have many fish to watch haha. I do like all my coral though....

Haha it kinda does :P Yea moorish idols are veeeery tough to keep alive.

AquaClears are very nice, I have two. How much space do you have behind your tank???

Ahh thats true, me too. Then again I don't have many fish to watch haha. I do like all my coral though....

Oooh there was a HUGE one at the California Acadmedy of Sciences/Steinheart Aquarium(I just went there last week!) I have a vid of it but it's not on this computer :(

Umm idk, not much xD a couple inches maybe?

Well watching coral is cool too! :D

Oooh there was a HUGE one at the California Acadmedy of Sciences/Steinheart Aquarium(I just went there last week!) I have a vid of it but it's not on this computer :(

Umm idk, not much xD a couple inches maybe?

Oh cool! Wow you are lucky, Yakima (where I live) has nothing! Nothing is ever on that computer :P

Ahh yea that really isn't enough...hmmmmm

Oh cool! Wow you are lucky, Yakima (where I live) has nothing! Nothing is ever on that computer :P

Ahh yea that really isn't enough...hmmmmm

Actually I've been switching computer all day just to get on this forum xD

But I'm at my mom's house, which has no tanks :( No animals at all actually, very boring. My mom thinks any animal will somehow get out of its cage, crawl into a corner where no one will find it, die and stink up the house -_-

Ha nice, yea this forum can be addicting ;)

Ahh thats a bummer. Yea that would be a bummer if that happened, the thing with fish is that that really wouldn't happen :lol:

Ha nice, yea this forum can be addicting ;)

Ahh thats a bummer. Yea that would be a bummer if that happened, the thing with fish is that that really wouldn't happen :lol:

I know :/ My mom used to like animals, she had dogs and birds and stuff.

I've been thinking today of trying to convince my mom to let me bring over my 3gal and turn it into a pico, but I don't think she would feed any fish/corals/inverts in the tank when I'm at my dad's house (for a week) :'(

Maybe I could convince my dad to let me set it up at his house..although I have sooo many pets and tanks over there already, idk xD

But then again, how am I going to afford all this new stuff in the first place?

I know :/ My mom used to like animals, she had dogs and birds and stuff.

I've been thinking today of trying to convince my mom to let me bring over my 3gal and turn it into a pico, but I don't think she would feed any fish/corals/inverts in the tank when I'm at my dad's house (for a week) :'(

Maybe I could convince my dad to let me set it up at his house..although I have sooo many pets and tanks over there already, idk xD

But then again, how am I going to afford all this new stuff in the first place?

Why not anymore?? Well you could just have all corals that don't need feeding :)

Haha that could work too. Ahh right, turns out this hobby costs money :P

hey guys! whats goin on in here? :D

Sup man!

jacoob! i see we have a new teen on teh site? awesome! :P

yoshii, im Ryan. me and jacob are pretty well known on this site :)

Why not anymore?? Well you could just have all corals that don't need feeding :)

Haha that could work too. Ahh right, turns out this hobby costs money :P

But I'm thinking of maybe have more of those kinds (like softies & zoas) in the 20gal..still not sure yet on the coral stock list.

But if I DO set up my 3gal, light- waaay cheaper so I'd probably want more LPS with some zoas... hmmm well maybe I could just keep "no feed" or "only feed once and a while" corals...I have nothing to do at my moms house most of the time, just go on forums like these and facebook all day :lol:

Sorry I'm so confusing, I'm kinda still brainstorming :P

But I kinda want a small fish in the 3gal..maybe another yellow clown or yellow tail damsel :/

I need more money lol xD my mom only gives me $10 a month for allowance :(

Ha hey! That will remain our secret. Never mention it again. They had been posted before, it was a repost! lol

jacoob! i see we have a new teen on teh site? awesome! :P

yoshii, im Ryan. me and jacob are pretty well known on this site :)

Hello! I'm Christina, but you can call me Christina or yoshii or whatever you want :P

I noticed your post count! :bowdown:

(yay for teen reefers!)

well if you dont post naughty pictures like u did last time, it shouldnt be closed :P

Ooooh Jacob, do you need to tell us something? ;P

But I'm thinking of maybe have more of those kinds (like softies & zoas) in the 20gal..still not sure yet on the coral stock list.

But if I DO set up my 3gal, light- waaay cheaper so I'd probably want more LPS with some zoas... hmmm well maybe I could just keep "no feed" or "only feed once and a while" corals...I have nothing to do at my moms house most of the time, just go on forums like these and facebook all day :lol:

Sorry I'm so confusing, I'm kinda still brainstorming :P

But I kinda want a small fish in the 3gal..maybe another yellow clown or yellow tail damsel :/

I need more money lol xD my mom only gives me $10 a month for allowance :(

You should have colorful zoa, some mushies and LPS. Then SPS if you want to try some lol.

See! It is do-able. Just have softies, and maybe some LPS that you feed once a week lol. It would be awesome, do it! Haha I have been the same lately (had my wisdom teeth taken out) so I have been browsing NR and FB a lot haha.

Its fine, I say go for a green clown goby then :P

Hello! I'm Christina, but you can call me Christina or yoshii or whatever you want :P

(yay for teen reefers!)

hahaha, *sigh* good times... me and jacob got in lots of trouble last summer lolz

(yay for teen reefers!)

Haha yea he posts a lot :P

Haha dang you Ryan! Supposed to be a secret :P

earn some money and go babysit! reefing is so expensive. it sux -_-

That^ Or mow lawns like me. Oh wait, she has a job at a LFS haha

(Nanobuds wants to work at his, but can't yet :P)

hahaha, *sigh* good times... me and jacob got in lots of trouble last summer lolz

It really was lol

You should have colorful zoa, some mushies and LPS. Then SPS if you want to try some lol.

See! It is do-able. Just have softies, and maybe some LPS that you feed once a week lol. It would be awesome, do it! Haha I have been the same lately (had my wisdom teeth taken out) so I have been browsing NR and FB a lot haha.

Its fine, I say go for a green clown goby then :P

But yellow is cute! And my favorite color! OOOHH would a neon goby be ok? :D

Oohh I haven't had mine taken out, but I've heard it hurts alot! But yeah, SW forums and FB have taken over my life at my (boring!) mom's house :lol:

boys...always getting in trouble!

Ryan, you should work at your LFS! I work at mine and it's so much fun! :D

lucky! i have to wait 2 years to get a job at my LFS <_<

Awwww why do you have to wait? :(

I don't even have a LFS so shuuuuuut up haha

Poor Jacob :(

It's ok, we love you here hahaha :wub:

Archived