Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20gal Freshie to Reef Tank!

yoshii

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that is a sweet clown i want a pair!!!!

I know, I didn't even know they existed until I saw that pic in the gallery a little while ago!

Also, he said that they look like they're ready to breed, but he didn't give them a nem

They are pretty big, maybe almost full grown :D

im pretty sure they dont need a nem to breed. if they came out with all black clowns id definitely would have a pair!!!

im pretty sure they dont need a nem to breed. if they came out with all black clowns id definitely would have a pair!!!

Yeah, but I think they need a host at least :unsure:

Hahaha I'd think they would come out still half and half :P

But b&w clowns are awesome!

Hahaha I'd think they would come out still half and half :P

Clowns don't need a nem for hosting. They can be hosted in plenty of other coral like GSP and frogspawn. They actually don't even need a host at all.

OMG im a bay area teen reefer too!

the b/w ones look like little shamus :P:D

Clowns don't need a nem for hosting. They can be hosted in plenty of other coral like GSP and frogspawn. They actually don't even need a host at all.

mine didn't have a host for 4+ months and was fine. i added a green torch and bada-bing bada-boom, the little sucker's hosting it :happy: [have no idea why he likes it better than the hammer that's been in there for months, but there you go!]. lucky for me the torch does mind, lol :lol:

Yay! Bay teen reefers=amazing!

Sorry, I meant that don't they need some sort of host(doesn't have to be a nem) to breed?

Yay! Bay teen reefers=amazing!

Sorry, I meant that don't they need some sort of host(doesn't have to be a nem) to breed?

i think i've seen them in tanks w/nothing but some flower pots breeding. i think.

i think i've seen them in tanks w/nothing but some flower pots breeding. i think.

Yeah, I've heard of that too, but I think they have to have had laid eggs before that

Well, I'm not completely sure. I'm going to do more research this week :)

kool. it would be really interesting if it turns out to be true :huh:

kool. it would be really interesting if it turns out to be true :huh:

Well I was looking at a site on how to breed/raise clowns, and it said that you could use the pot, but it said to put it where they usually lay their eggs. So still not sure, but I don't think they need host if they're a mated pair, but these are not

Well I was looking at a site on how to breed/raise clowns, and it said that you could use the pot, but it said to put it where they usually lay their eggs. So still not sure, but I don't think they need host if they're a mated pair, but these are not

huh. have you tried asking on the clownfish forums over on reef*******.com?

huh. have you tried asking on the clownfish forums over on reef*******.com?

Haha not yet, I have an account over there, but don't use it much.

Maybe I'll ask later cause I have to go to work soon

• 2 weeks later...

*Sigh* This tank has had like no progress over the summer, I guess because I don't really know what I'm going to do with it anymore. I was thinking a tank dominated my acans or chalices or something, but I kinda feel content with my other reef tanks right now :/

I would love to upgrade this tank with MH and get some clams and killer SPS, but I can't afford it right now :(

So the tank has just been sitting there..looking boring. I'm thinking maybe I should just cycle the rock/sand and break down this tank before it really got going and throw the rock/sand/extra into my other tanks...

Basically, I just don't know what to do with this tank anymore. Sowwee

*Sigh* This tank has had like no progress over the summer, I guess because I don't really know what I'm going to do with it anymore. I was thinking a tank dominated my acans or chalices or something, but I kinda feel content with my other reef tanks right now :/

I would love to upgrade this tank with MH and get some clams and killer SPS, but I can't afford it right now :(

So the tank has just been sitting there..looking boring. I'm thinking maybe I should just cycle the rock/sand and break down this tank before it really got going and throw the rock/sand/extra into my other tanks...

Basically, I just don't know what to do with this tank anymore. Sowwee

but did you end up getting the clowns???

but did you end up getting the clowns???

Yeah I did :) They're soo awesome!!

So maybe if I break down this tank, I can use it as a breeding tank in the future ;)

Ok, should I break down this tank or not? When I can afford the MH, I can always put this tank back up

Yeah I did :) They're soo awesome!!

So maybe if I break down this tank, I can use it as a breeding tank in the future ;)

Ok, should I break down this tank or not? When I can afford the MH, I can always put this tank back up

i would just leave it running or use it as a frag tank.. that way when you get the MH your up and ready to go!!!!

every when do youget payed at ur LFS?

i would just leave it running or use it as a frag tank.. that way when you get the MH your up and ready to go!!!!

every when do youget payed at ur LFS?

Well I don't want it to just sit there..and I already have a 10gal frag tank

I get store credit :) But once school starts I can only work there 1 day a week :(

Well, I been thinking about it some more, and I've decided to take down this tank :(

In the future, if I can get MH, I will set this tank up again as an awesome SPS tank B)

• 11 months later...

Archived