reeftankguy

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reeftankguy
;)

are you using a flash with that camera?

Yes on some... D40 on "Auto"

Any protips besides whats on Jer's Photog write up?

Deleted User 6

His guide should cover it. Shoot on AV or P instead of Auto and use a tripod. Shoot in RAW format and adjust lighting in post processing. That should cure the "washed out" look that a flash produces.

Did you read your camera manual cover to cover? May seem like a dumb question, but you'd be surprised by what you can learn about the machine if you read the manual.

reeftankguy

I'll give it a shot tonight... Need to come up with a pic to enter in this month's photo contest...

theme is "Long Exposure" :scarry:

Where is your entry?

fwiw. I have read the manual. I have the pdf right here on my MAC

Deleted User 6

I don't think I've ever taken a good long exposure shot of my tank to be honest. The only longer exposure ones I've taken are to get the whole shot in focus.

reeftankguy

I want to get one of my Bi-Color jetting across the tank and perching on his spot. This will be accomplished at feeding time. We will see...

Thats the craze with these tanks... All sides Crystal Clear to see through... So no coraline except on the rocks

Decided to go with a 48" tall all 2x4's Stand... Sort of like the one I built for my 45G...

StandFront.jpg

The art ends here ;)

wtf? :mellow:

No offense, you said ADA is art. Your tank looks like art. The stand however...doesn't, IMO. Just paint it black and set it on fire. :)

reeftankguy

Ahhhh...ok

Well that stand sits under an empty 45 gallon tank. has nothing to do with my ADA

Wanna buy it? lol

Ahhhh...ok

Well that stand sits under an empty 45 gallon tank. has nothing to do with my ADA

Wanna buy it? lol

Exactly, it has nothing to do with your ADA. That's my point :)

$196 and free shipping... I bought it from AquaTouch.com

Rumor has it that Neptune Aquatics has a few of these in stock...

Thanks for the info bro.

I just sourced one out.

reeftankguy

This is the CREE LED module I'm building to retrofit into my current 6 bulb NEP.

It will replace the 2 center bulbs. It contains 20 CREE XRE's (10 CW) and (10 RB ).

NEP-T5-LEDassem.jpg

reeftankguy

Yes... The xtreme is working great. Even produces dry skim. You won't be sorry hd. It is the 3rd skimmer I have owned and it beats them hands down.

HecticDialectics

You better be right! I'm about to sell my DAS EX-1 which is a Deltec design with an aquabee pump... it better blow that baby out of the water. :P (It won't fit in my sump)

reeftankguy
You better be right! I'm about to sell my DAS EX-1 which is a Deltec design with an aquabee pump... it better blow that baby out of the water. :P (It won't fit in my sump)

I know I'm right... Always am :ninja:

From my experience and the reviews I read on the Xtreme, it has more than surprised me with its performance HD!

Just plug it up and dail it in... When I first powered it up I didnt think it was working because I couldnt hear it running. But the bubbles and foam told me it was :lol:

reeftankguy

Cut up my existing heat sink (8.5" x 11") into two (3"x8") pieces and riveted them into a (3"x16") heat sink

3x16heatsink.jpg

My articsilver comes in Wednesday and I will screw down the Cree's.

Everything still looks great! Love the two cleaner shrimp in there. Do you feed your acans, i ask because mine liked to steal the food from them when i fed!

reeftankguy
Everything still looks great! Love the two cleaner shrimp in there. Do you feed your acans, i ask because mine liked to steal the food from them when i fed!

Thanks man!

Yes, I feed mysis twice a week. The Skunks did steal from the acanz and Scoly, but now I just hit them with a squirt first and then feed the rest and that seems to be working so far...

Archived