Coral Vue Hydros

My ADA 60P. Now with 20" NEP CREE/T5 Retro

reeftankguy

reeftankguy
Googled Takashi Amano... Made me wanting to build a FW tank...

My suggestion is go with the two arm, that way you can put the MP10 between the bars.

Thanks Boer...

Yeah there are some cool planted ADA's out there...

Love all your Zoa's and Ric's... Your lucky to be close to the suppy line!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks..

Supplies on livestock yes..

But it's really hard to find affordable equipments for my tank. I envy how you can build your tank using high tech setups.

This looks like a fantastic project and upcoming tank. Looking forward to seeing it progress along.

Any particular coral or fish themes or are you just planning on transferring everything over from the CAD12?

Tagging along for sure.

-Adam

reeftankguy
This looks like a fantastic project and upcoming tank. Looking forward to seeing it progress along.

Any particular coral or fish themes or are you just planning on transferring everything over from the CAD12?

Tagging along for sure.

-Adam

Thanks for checking it out Adam... I have started the stand and will have some pics of that build up soon...

Yes I am transfering everything from my CAD12g and NC6 to the ADA...

My theme is/has always been Softies and Clamz, but I mostly :wub: da Zoa'zzz !

reeftankguy

This was just delivered...

I bought this not because of the Rena media products, but because it Guarantees "No Bypass"

just like the Marineland Canister Filter, only this was $cheaper$ and had more flow...

Almost ready to slap this project together :wub:

IMG_0139.jpg

reeftankguy
Don't you use a sump on this?

I'm sure you could if that was your personal preference...

Me... Never!

Weekly 25% WC's and Bio/Mechanical filter maintenance is my success...

Clean and Simple is how I build reef tanks... ;)

Looks like all of the parts and pieces are slowly falling into place.

This tank is going to be fantastic.

Was $$ the only reason you went with a Rena rather than say an Eheim? Just curious as I'm looking for an external filter as well.

-Adam

fiction101

That stand does not fit with the modern syle of ada. I would at least go with a more pleasing color than the plain brown that you chose.

reeftankguy
Looks like all of the parts and pieces are slowly falling into place.

This tank is going to be fantastic.

Was $$ the only reason you went with a Rena rather than say an Eheim? Just curious as I'm looking for an external filter as well.

-Adam

Thanks Adam!

I went with the Rena because of a review I read on Canister Filters... The main focus/concerns of the reviews were "ByPass" around the media trays and Rena and Marineland were the top two performers (For the Money) in that category that were bypass-free around the trays... And of course the Rena was less$$$ than the Marineland... I'm sure when you get into the higher end Eheim Canister Filters (The Square Ones) they are bypass-free but also 3X the $$$... I have 2 round Eheim Canisters and find them rather difficult to service and are only functional when used with limited media...

Anyway I shall see...

Edited: for spelling

Thanks for the thorough explanation behind your choice of the Rena over a similar level/grade canister filter. That makes a TON of sense and has me reconsidering getting an Eheim. Thanks for the synopsis :)

reeftankguy
That stand does not fit with the modern syle of ada. I would at least go with a more pleasing color than the plain brown that you chose.

Funny you should say that... My girl friend said the same thing... Said it belonged in a trailer along with a big wooden Cable Spool for a dinner table :o

I have already started building it so after I'm finished I guess I will buy some Black Formica Laminate and skin the thing with it...

What are your Thoughts about that fiction101?

Thanks for the thorough explanation behind your choice of the Rena over a similar level/grade canister filter. That makes a TON of sense and has me reconsidering getting an Eheim. Thanks for the synopsis :)

No Problemo Adam ;)

• 1 month later...
Update? I really like the 1 arm light mount.

The stand is finished, so now I am modifying it to allow the power cords from the

LED fixture, Probes from the RKL, MP10 Controller cord and Hoses from the Rena to all run up and out the Left side of the cabinet I built and look clean and neat, so that and still trying to figure everything out...

It’s a slow process for me because I am a perfectionist when it comes to my Reefs... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the stand... I had more pictures but the files are corrupt, this was the only one that would open up for me in my psp editor... :angry: I will take more tonight and post them...

I have changed my filtering plans... No RENA Canister and Lily Pipes...( will be for sale if I like my Mame setup)

I’m going to have an Overflow with Sump instead!

I have pre-ordered a “Mame Overflow” from AquaTouch.com and should ship in October :happydance:

ADA60pandStand.jpg

Ok... maybe I should read. I found a guy locally that makes ADA knock off stands. He's on hiatus for a couple of months, but will probably get one for my 60H. Waiting to see how you like the mame overflow. Have you picked a sump?

I think the stand is going to look fantastic once it's skinned with laminate. Sturdy and functional with some nice styling. Are you going to have handles on the front or are you going to leave it flush?

Ok... maybe I should read. I found a guy locally that makes ADA knock off stands. He's on hiatus for a couple of months, but will probably get one for my 60H. Waiting to see how you like the mame overflow. Have you picked a sump?

10Gal Gulf Stream... It will also house a Tunze Osmo and a Heater... Might add a BRS reactor if this setup

doesnt remove the phosphates like I hope, but this is how it will be setup...

GSsump.jpg

I think the stand is going to look fantastic once it's skinned with laminate. Sturdy and functional with some nice styling. Are you going to have handles on the front or are you going to leave it flush?

Yes it will be Badazz when I get finished with the laminate... No outside hardware... It has 2 spring loaded magnet latches inside and you just push it and it springs open...BAM!

clownfishlover

With the mame overflow and topoff, Sick tank, Are you going to keep SPS?

I want to get the mame overflow also but 200 is a little steep for a overflow.

10Gal Gulf Stream... It will also house a Tunze Osmo and a Heater... Might add a BRS reactor if this setup

doesnt remove the phosphates like I hope, but this is how it will be setup...

GSsump.jpg

Yes it will be Badazz when I get finished with the laminate... No outside hardware... It has 2 spring loaded magnet latches inside and you just push it and it springs open...BAM!

With the mame overflow and topoff, Sick tank, Are you going to keep SPS?

I want to get the mame overflow also but 200 is a little steep for a overflow.

No sps... I'm just a cool Zoa's, Blastos and Acans collector...

I think Mame is over priced, but you got to pay to play with it first...Spent almost as much for my 2 ADA Lilly pipes... and I think Its a good match up for the ADA since its 98% glass...

I had originally purchased 2 knock-off Lilly pipes off of ebay, and when I got them I thought, these are cheap pieces of deformed crap! Then I bought Original ADA Lilly pipes and thought... The Knock offs are REALLY Cheep pieces of CRAP :lol:

Anyway... The build is going slow cause I'm doing it Right and Tight ;)

Archived