inTank Media Baskets

17g Green Leaf Rimless

divecj5

provided it won't be too bright for it.

Great point D. Maybe I can have it in the middle of the tank and have another type of tabling acro up top.

I have this really nice yellow green piece I got from calvin415. You might contact him to see if he has more that he is selling. Great guy to deal with, packages amazingly well.

Color is a little more yellow in real life.

Then you could get a shoal of Chromis or Anthias to swim in and around that just like a real life bommie!!!!!!

I think I just wet myself. :o;)

Thanks Henry. That looks very similar to the Green Acro Vermiculata that I used to have. I still have a piece in the tank now but with all of the changes in lighting, etc it doesn't look as great as it used to. I might have to see if DFason can snip me a piece since he has a frag from my 20H.

I agree that a super fast grower with delicate branches would work the best. Now I've got the SPS wheels spinning again ;)

I've been considering merging my 2 little "islands" into one cohesive structure too. I just don't see how I can keep it looking good once corals grow into it as of now.

It's certainly still a work in progress and I still haven't fully gotten rid of the other side island. It will definitely be tricky finding things a spot where they're happy and have plenty of space to grow.

Bommies look really nice. I'm glad you are going to be doing one.

+1 for Red Planet

Me too :)

Here are some craptastic shots of the tank. I'm really not all that happy how it looks in the pictures but hopefully it conveys what I'm angling towards.

p1033486983-3.jpg

View from the couch :D

p863358637-3.jpg

p1067140796-4.jpg

I'll get some closer shots of the rock and all of the nooks and crannies it now has once I have the pendant from Dave.

What do you all think, should I ditch the smaller rocks on the right and just have the one structure? Should I move the main structure more towards the middle of the tank or leave it offset?

I'm up for any suggestions at this point.

-Adam

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it offset. Perhaps you could combine them then throw something fun in the sand? Like a clam :)

Thanks man. A clam is a definite this go around. I had a really nice golden colored one in my 29 and it was amazing.

You'll have to swing by and check out the tank sometime soon.

since i can't see your pictures, i defer to the wisdom of the crowds.

Haven't you told your IT staff that zenfolio.com is a trusted domain and vital to your work :P

Doesn't matter D. Just some "shut up here are some far away pictures". Need closer pics to get the full affect. :o:)

Hey now...beggers can't be choosers. :lol: I would happily take some closeup shots but I wasn't sure how whipped up people would be about pictures of rock with very little coral. Once I get the pendant (hopefully before the weekend), a full on photo shoot is definitely in order.

Thanks man. A clam is a definite this go around. I had a really nice golden colored one in my 29 and it was amazing.

You'll have to swing by and check out the tank sometime soon.

I was thinking blue/purple at first, but after reading this I vote for gold. It would really pop in the tank.

A few updates on the tank. I received my Ryujin LED pendant from Dave on Wednesday afternoon and since then, I've been having a blast thinking about ways to hang it and I'm still in shock at the amount of light that LEDs can produce. Really couldn't be happier with what I have now. Definitely a one of a kind product (actually the only one Dave's ever made).

I should have some time to properly hang and program it this afternoon so hopefully a small photo session is in order this weekend.

The bracket that you see may not be what I use to hang it after it's all said and done but for the time being, it was incredibly cheap and even though the color doesn't match the pendant, I think it looks pretty slick myself. I may end up painting it and the fan housing a nice matte black color.

On to the pictures....

p418964408-4.jpg

The Brains (one buck puck left for expansion in the future)

p490316061-4.jpg

Neat and Tidy

p333383584-4.jpg

p60499570-4.jpg

Size Comparison (a lil Double IPA never hurt anyone :) )

p406272983-4.jpg

p377043212-4.jpg

p482204980-4.jpg

-Adam

Great photo's Adam.

This is the main unit I am working on. The top will have a fan ( bracket ) and house the electronics too. The entire unit will be waterproof too. If you look at the size photo you can see that the bottom piece can unscrew to put a "splash shield" and a oring. This way if you feel like throwing your LED's in the water there good to go ;) Also there wont be and larger screws on the side, I'm looking for different screws today for him.

Adam will get all the new stuff as its available but for the time being he has the my baby!

-Dave

EDIT : Put the photo's on this page too ;)

Thanks man. That's what caught my eye when Dave first sent me pictures of it as well. Reminds me of a milled, aluminum piston head.

I may try and talk my wife into letting drop a wire from the ceiling and see if I can attach it to the top. I just need to see what Dave designs for housing the final fan unit. Either that or I'm going to get some conduit and bender (or see if the guys at HD can make a simple bend for me) and hang it similar to how your hung yours Vic.

Hopefully I'll be able snag a few tank shots tonight...tonight is "Tacos+$4 40 ounce Dos Equis" night so we'll see. :) If not, definitely tomorrow.

I'm starting to get that itch to add a bunch of coral....can't wait to add some color now that the lighting has been decided.

-Adam

tonight is "Tacos+$4 40 ounce Dos Equis" night so we'll see.

How have I lived in Charleston for over two years and never heard of this?!

Hey Adam - I haven't been in NR in a long time so trying to catch up a little while I have some spare time. So, what do you have in this tank - I can't find a current close up pic.

Great point D. Maybe I can have it in the middle of the tank and have another type of tabling acro up top.

Thanks Henry. That looks very similar to the Green Acro Vermiculata that I used to have. I still have a piece in the tank now but with all of the changes in lighting, etc it doesn't look as great as it used to. I might have to see if DFason can snip me a piece since he has a frag from my 20H.

I agree that a super fast grower with delicate branches would work the best. Now I've got the SPS wheels spinning again ;)

It's certainly still a work in progress and I still haven't fully gotten rid of the other side island. It will definitely be tricky finding things a spot where they're happy and have plenty of space to grow.

Me too :)

Here are some craptastic shots of the tank. I'm really not all that happy how it looks in the pictures but hopefully it conveys what I'm angling towards.

p1033486983-3.jpg

View from the couch :D

p863358637-3.jpg

p1067140796-4.jpg

I'll get some closer shots of the rock and all of the nooks and crannies it now has once I have the pendant from Dave.

What do you all think, should I ditch the smaller rocks on the right and just have the one structure? Should I move the main structure more towards the middle of the tank or leave it offset?

I'm up for any suggestions at this point.

-Adam

*like*

How have I lived in Charleston for over two years and never heard of this?!

Haha....right around the corner from you. Senor Tequilas has $4.75 38-40ounce Dos Equis during happy hour. I always feel like some sort of viking drinking out of the huge stein they bring out.

Hey Adam - I haven't been in NR in a long time so trying to catch up a little while I have some spare time. So, what do you have in this tank - I can't find a current close up pic.

Hey Karen. LONG time no see. I've been wondering how things have been going on your end and have been meaning to e-mail you.

Nothing really too exciting in the tank quite yet. I have the following -

• "Pink Panties" Chalice
  • FnF Red Bug Monti (green w/red polyps)
  • Small Green Poccilipora frag
  • Browned out Green Acro Vermiculata
  • 4-5 different Acan morphs
  • Hammer coral
  • Frogspawn
  • Green/Blue War Coral
  • Eagle Eye Zoas
  • Green Blasto Merletti

I'd really like to find a nice small Sun Coral, possibly pick up some Maxi Minis from Lalani, and then add some SPS frags from Dave (ORA Hawkins for sure).

*like*

Thanks Patrick.

--------------------------------

I took a TON of pictures last night but I'm not sure I'm happy with any of them. I haven't gone back through them yet but hopefully I can rescue a handful of closeup shots. I took a ton but it's incredibly difficult to get a decent exposure, with good color, without blowing out the highlights on the sand. I just haven't found the right settings I guess.

Hopefully I can post them later this morning/afternoon.

-Adam

Either that or I'm going to get some conduit and bender (or see if the guys at HD can make a simple bend for me) and hang it similar to how your hung yours Vic.

You're welcome to borrow my conduit bender if you like. It's for 3/4" conduit. That would probably save you about $50.

You're welcome to borrow my conduit bender if you like. It's for 3/4" conduit. That would probably save you about $50.

That would be awesome man. I was actually going to make a trip up your way for a work meeting and was planning to stop into Sea Critters to see what they had but it looks like they're only open Tue/Thrs evenings.

I'll let you know when I'm going to be up in that neck of the woods. You're close to Pawley's Island, right?

Yeah, just a hair north of Pawleys. We can easily come to Charleston too, we're having Jack's Cosmic Dogs withdrawal.

Sea Critters Depot has some weird hours :( It's because the owner also has to maintain tanks and doesn't have the time or manpower to have the store open every evening.

Yeah, just a hair north of Pawleys. We can easily come to Charleston too, we're having Jack's Cosmic Dogs withdrawal.

Sea Critters Depot has some weird hours :( It's because the owner also has to maintain tanks and doesn't have the time or manpower to have the store open every evening.

Let me know if you're down this way and we'll definitely meet for some Jack's and a brew or two.

I might contact the owner and see if I can swing up there and just pick up some frags. I need to see what all he has for sale first I guess :happy:

Archived