i've decided to cut the list down to the following:

Setosa

pink lemonade

green slimer

icefire echinata

strawberry shortcake

grafted acro

don't want to frag clutter things.

Aya ya yai...I need a alcoholic beverage after looking at this tank...it's too much all at once.

:lol:

haha yeah until the sps list is complete. then i might have to get loopy before looking at the tank ha.

straightjiggy10

i like sps but still miss the zoas, sent you link to my thread check it out. got a few new acans this week ill send u pics

No Red Planet? :tears:

Never !!! haha.

you will have to keep coming back to the thread... one day maybe i'll post it lol.

:):)

i like sps but still miss the zoas, sent you link to my thread check it out. got a few new acans this week ill send u pics

More acans?!?! Ima have to get to the LFS to catch up haha

well went and rescued an acro from a friends tank today. he had it in very low light, and low flow, and recently it started to look bad (alk tip burn). So i bought it from him, and hope it heals up well. (it should)

Its a tyree icefire echinata

icefire.jpg

polyps came right out when i added it to my tank (even in some of the burned tips). I have saved acros in the past with burned tips/flesh, and it took about a week or two for them to get new flesh.

before shot about a month ago

icefiremacro.jpg

still was in very low light, so it had bad colors. but the signature green inner ring around the polyps are still there. :)

thanks! I really hope the acro comes back. the polyps are really out right now, and its hopefully gonna be on the mend soon :)

NO... THE GIRL IN MY AVATAR IS NOT FOR SALE! SO REFRAIN FROM ASKING PLEASE

so now i'm going to have to ask....who is she? :D

well went and rescued an acro from a friends tank today. he had it in very low light, and low flow, and recently it started to look bad (alk tip burn). So i bought it from him, and hope it heals up well. (it should)

Its a tyree icefire echinata

icefire.jpg

polyps came right out when i added it to my tank (even in some of the burned tips). I have saved acros in the past with burned tips/flesh, and it took about a week or two for them to get new flesh.

before shot about a month ago

icefiremacro.jpg

still was in very low light, so it had bad colors. but the signature green inner ring around the polyps are still there. :)

Definitely a very nice coral but defineitely not Ice/fire Acro

Definitely a very nice coral but defineitely not Ice/fire Acro

I've got lineage to it. either way its going in another tank to get healed up.

Hi jjjo--been a fan of your setup since i've joined...just purchased my first Acan and would like some tips on spot feeding these beloved inverts. I been trying a turkey baster w/ pwer heads off, not much success. Any suggestions, pics would be great too.

btw, i miss your old profile pic. : )

Hi jjjo--been a fan of your setup since i've joined...just purchased my first Acan and would like some tips on spot feeding these beloved inverts. I been trying a turkey baster w/ pwer heads off, not much success. Any suggestions, pics would be great too.

btw, i miss your old profile pic. : )

My acans have their feeder tentacles out constantly, during the day and the night. I just squirt food into the mouth area, and the feeders grab it. I don't even turn the pumps off.

My only suggestion would be, to let the acan settle in, and wait for it to get used to the tank. once its acclimated, it should start to put feeder tentacles out.

where in the tank is the acan located (high or low light)

And my new profile pic is just a change of pace :) the old one was too old.

New Pics of the SPS:

New red Acro (a local morph)

redacro.jpg

rainbow monti holding colors

rainbowmonti.jpg

Pink lemonade frag

pinklemonade.jpg

LED GArF BonSai

garfLED.jpg

pearlberry ORA

pearlberry.jpg

Zoos:

randomzoo.jpg

007s

prizezoos.jpg

24ks

24ks.jpg

1/2 FTS

halffts.jpg

Soon coming mini colony of Monti setosa, and hopefully a candle light acro or new icefire.

My acans have their feeder tentacles out constantly, during the day and the night. I just squirt food into the mouth area, and the feeders grab it. I don't even turn the pumps off.

My only suggestion would be, to let the acan settle in, and wait for it to get used to the tank. once its acclimated, it should start to put feeder tentacles out.

where in the tank is the acan located (high or low light)

And my new profile pic is just a change of pace :) the old one was too old.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep its only been a couple days and my acan feeder tentacles are beginning to sprout. I do have them placed at a high point, should i bring them down to the sand bed?

cheers-

yep its only been a couple days and my acan feeder tentacles are beginning to sprout. I do have them placed at a high point, should i bring them down to the sand bed?

cheers-

yeah you might want to move them down. Acans dont like overly bright light.

I tend to notice that all the local hobbyists around my area that have their acans in too much light, end up either turning their acans red, or brown, or the acans just dont puff up really well.

animalmaster6

Awesome!!

That first acro is insane!! I also like the Pearleberry.

Still.. no.. pics.. of .. Red.. Plant... :tears:

Even in the FTS it's shaded! :angry:

:lol:

yeah you might want to move them down. Acans dont like overly bright light.

I tend to notice that all the local hobbyists around my area that have their acans in too much light, end up either turning their acans red, or brown, or the acans just dont puff up really well.

how much is 'too much'? like, is there any specific kind of light, that either a.) if you're using it you have to go to lenghts to shade them or b.) they love, no matter where they are?

<3 my Firefish

Do you still have that amazing torch?! Where did you get it?! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I must be weird because I think zoas are more interesting than SPS. SPS doesn't glow or have as bright of colors as the zoas. I'm so jealous of your tank though, keep up the great work!

Archived