Top Shelf Aquatics

12in Rimless Eye-candy Cube

jjjo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!! That shroom is simply stunning. What are the other colors that are supposed to eventually come through? I see orange, red, and maybe a hint of purple so far.

WOW!!! That shroom is simply stunning. What are the other colors that are supposed to eventually come through? I see orange, red, and maybe a hint of purple so far.

Thanks.

Bright neon green, and purple should show up, and the red should become more pronounced.

pretty! i keep squinting at the frag rack trying to get a better look....did you make it or buy it?

As babies, they start out yellow. Then as they grow bigger, the red starts popping up. After they reach about 3 inches, the green will start to show up. It's beyond explanation in my eyes, though someone probably knows.

Last pic for a few days.

Happy EndingZ VS. Carnival Candy

HEandcarnival.jpg

Who wins?

Send it my way! I'll perform a few tests and let you know...

:) Perhaps!

animalmaster6

Happy Endingz :)

The tank looks stunning Dan, as always. That shroom is amaing and the acan garden is stellar as always ;)

Never mind. I couldn't resist!

I HAD to put "powerbrites" over this tank LOL. LED eye candy!

LEDred.jpg

LEDmohawk.jpg

h20led.jpg

dustled.jpg

danzoosLED.jpg

24ks are NUTS

24kLED.jpg

ACAN!

acanLED.jpg

automatik_33

You have such a beautiful tank! I finally got a day off to go through your whole thread and really like where the tank is today and your future plans. Any advice you could give me for acans would be great as I have started a small collection myself.

Those shots are amazing.

Thanks!

You have such a beautiful tank! I finally got a day off to go through your whole thread and really like where the tank is today and your future plans. Any advice you could give me for acans would be great as I have started a small collection myself.

Advice:

Lower moderate flow

Low light for the rainbow acans... moderate light for others. really trial and error. some like low light. some like more light.

feed once a week

This causes my acan polyps to REALLY puff up, and stay happy. Ive seen acans blasted with flow and light, and the polyps stay pretty small.

Those 24K's have incredible colors.

they are one of my new favorite zoanthids :)

That last picture is amazing The colors are killer under those Powerbrites. That's straight eye candy!!

automatik_33
Thanks!

Advice:

Lower moderate flow

Low light for the rainbow acans... moderate light for others. really trial and error. some like low light. some like more light.

feed once a week

This causes my acan polyps to REALLY puff up, and stay happy. Ive seen acans blasted with flow and light, and the polyps stay pretty small.

they are one of my new favorite zoanthids :)

How high above the water should I place my lights in a 20L? I have the same fixture and just about the same bulb combo except I have an ati aquablue where you have that other purple, I saw yours were pretty high up from the sand bed.

Also what do you feed? I have been giving mine a mixture of mysis and brine 2x a week and they seem to enjoy it. :happy:

Thanks! And great job on this tank!

How high above the water should I place my lights in a 20L? I saw yours were pretty high up from the sand bed.

Also what do you feed? I have been giving mine a mixture of mysis and brine 2x a week and they seem to enjoy it. :happy:

Thanks! And great job on this tank!

Thanks!

my tank is 16-18 (dont remember) inches tall. the acans are on the sandbed. My light is another 12-14 inches from the water surface. decently high up.

A friend of mine keeps his acans in a lookdown. they are about 10 inches from the surface. His light is hanging 34 inches from the surface of the water.

do you have any fish in your tank, it appears not.

No fish. used to have a mandarin, but it died from lack of pods. (he used to be in a 30br which was full of pods)

I probably will stay fishless. I feed my acans, so that helps keep the phosphate above .02.

I <3 powerbrites!

pix are the shiz!!! we need a FTS powerbrites pic :P

add a shroom to the list of stuff I want outta your tank lol

I <3 powerbrites!

pix are the shiz!!! we need a FTS powerbrites pic :P

add a shroom to the list of stuff I want outta your tank lol

POWERBRITE FTS! CAN you FEEL the POWER of the LED?

FTSLED.jpg

CLOSE.jpg

And the shroom LOL... stupid mushrooms. :)

Lot has happened.

Most of the filler tester zoos are OUT. Eventually I would like to add colorful corals to make the branch diverse, and full of life.

I added 3 ORA acros (hawkins, pearlberry, and red planet) to see if my branch can support SPS. I will be adding a few more acros, as well as some ecrusting montis, and the original watermelon chalice.

Here is where things stand now.

very empty compared to before.

FTSsps.jpg

*underexposed, sorry its so dark*

thanks for looking,

jjjo

Archived