Top Shelf Aquatics

The Nano Reef :-)

adamcrouch

Heres a few more pics i just took. I think there abit better than the ones i put up last night. I've done a 3Litre water change today and given the glass another clean :-)

DSC09957.jpg

DSC09955.jpg

DSC09953.jpg

DSC09951.jpg

DSC09949.jpg

DSC09948.jpg

DSC09947.jpg

DSC09946.jpg

DSC09945.jpg

DSC09944.jpg

DSC09943.jpg

DSC09942.jpg

DSC09941.jpg

DSC09940.jpg

DSC09939.jpg

DSC09937.jpg

DSC09936.jpg

DSC09934.jpg

DSC09933.jpg

DSC09932.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really nice so is that 2 20k par 38's.. and the first pic's of the par 38's were on 20k and one 14k.. your goona need so get ride of some coral or upgrade to a bigger tank.... looks really good but almost full.. love that plate the purple and orange.. what color does it look like in peson a nice orange with purple highlights.. keep up the great tank love it onr of my fav.'s on this web site...

Mr. Microscope
BTW. It doesn't look like you've had any problems with your zoas shrinking with going over to LEDs. Any comments on that? I've witnessed dramatic shrinkage of mine with the change over from PCs ( :lol: shrinkage, hee hee).

Well..?

i am curious at what temp does this tank normally run?

Runs between 25 and 26c

Well..?

Nope no problems at all! they now grow even faster

Very nice! makes me wanna put in some sand. What kinda sand is in the tank?

Think its just standard crushed coral sand.

really nice so is that 2 20k par 38's.. and the first pic's of the par 38's were on 20k and one 14k.. your goona need so get ride of some coral or upgrade to a bigger tank.... looks really good but almost full.. love that plate the purple and orange.. what color does it look like in peson a nice orange with purple highlights.. keep up the great tank love it onr of my fav.'s on this web site...

Thanks for the kind comments :-)

Yeah the first pics with leds were one 20k and one 14k as i put my mates one in by mistake. Now its 2 20k bulbs.

I think i may plan on upgrading this year.

The fungia doesnt really look that purple in real life. Its more of a solid orange.

Awesome looking Plate!!

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Just snapped a few shots. A few of the corals arnt looking to happy as i had the rock out of the water for about 30 mins before to stick on quite a few frags that i had on the sand.

I'm in the process of buying my first house! so i'm actually going to be in one place for maybe 2 or more years... so i'm thinking of a bigger tank. Watch this space!

DSC00025_2.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035_1.jpg

DSC00037_1.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00043_1.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Love the tank, it's very colorful...

Where did all the corals go ?? It was way more crowded on your previous update..

Hey,

I'm going to be moving the tank soon so ive stuck quite a few corals from the sand bed onto the rock and i'm also selling off a few. Just makes moving the tank alot easier without loads of loose corals floating around.

This build is so awesome, that i've ordered a custom tank in the exact same messures, and i'm simply gonna copy your back-build :o

I hope i ain't breaking your copyright, but great job!!!!

This build is so awesome, that i've ordered a custom tank in the exact same messures, and i'm simply gonna copy your back-build :o

I hope i ain't breaking your copyright, but great job!!!!

Haha i'm honoured. Send me the link to ur tank thread :-)

very nice shot! What camera you use? Can you let us know how you set up your white balance?

ive just got a sony DSC-h9.

i just use it on auto macro

Haha i'm honoured. Send me the link to ur tank thread :-)

It will come, just gotta wait 2-3 weeks for the tank to arrive. The reat i allready have, skimmer, Hydor nano etc. :)

But i'm gonna run it a little different:

I have 2x Solrais Nano 18w PL light's that i'll use to start with, but else i have a Tunze 9002 and Koralia Nano that will be used, and a New-Jet 450 for the filtration system.

Oh - And i upgraded a little. I ordered my tank with Weiss-Glas / Optic White in the 25 x 25 cm glass that will be the front :haha:

Han$en, it's good to see someone else has the same lights as me, it gives me a little confidence that they're not rubbish! Got 1 Solaris 18w up and running and i'm happy with the colour, got another unit but need to find a replacement bulb. Also just bought a Koralia Nano 900 aswell which i'm please with. Looking forward to your thread, I think Adam has done a great job with his.

I have 2x Solrais Nano 18w PL light's that i'll use to start with, but else i have a Tunze 9002 and Koralia Nano that will be used, and a New-Jet 450 for the filtration system.
Han$en, it's good to see someone else has the same lights as me, it gives me a little confidence that they're not rubbish! Got 1 Solaris 18w up and running and i'm happy with the colour, got another unit but need to find a replacement bulb. Also just bought a Koralia Nano 900 aswell which i'm please with. Looking forward to your thread, I think Adam has done a great job with his.

I think the lamps are great! I've had them for over 2 years now, and only replaced the bulbs. One of them are broken though - The bolt and nut to adjust the angle of the light are gone, and i can't find anywhere to buy a new one.

It's that plastic bolt and finger-nut i've broke :huh:

These units are Italian and very few around so I guess spare parts will be even harder to get. Can you not get anything at DIY store to replace the parts?

These units are Italian and very few around so I guess spare parts will be even harder to get. Can you not get anything at DIY store to replace the parts?

It should be possible - You have some UK links? Denmark is the most ridiculous country ever created. You know the plastic from your own, so if you know any DIY suppliers, you might be able to help me :)

Archived