Pod Your Reef

The Nano Reef :-)

adamcrouch

It should be possible - You have some UK links? Denmark is the most ridiculous country ever created. You know the plastic from your own, so if you know any DIY suppliers, you might be able to help me :)

Indeed! Han$en, lets move to a better place! :D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh. btw - What's the messures on the rear-chambers?

the rear chamber takes up 7cm

Good news :-)

When i bought my green trachy it had a tiny tiny orange fungia growin on the side of it. This has now come off and theres a new one growing so it looks like i'll have a continuous supply of orange fungias now.

Heres a photo of the one thats just popped off, its about 5mm

DSC00066.jpg

the rear chamber takes up 7cm

Cute Fungia :lol:

What's the dimensions on the overflow chamber, and the return pump chamber? Sorry about all those copy-cat questions :blush:

:angry: that's just plain cheating!! I'll wait for Han$ens thread and see how he tackles it.

U used an electric saw on my last tank to cut it.

:angry: that's just plain cheating!! I'll wait for Han$ens thread and see how he tackles it.

I'll get the company that sells the Acrylic to cut it, and cut the teeth also :P

Adam - Thanks!! 7cm deep filtration, 3cm high teeth, 7cm overflow chamber and 7cm return pump chamber - Got it.. You're a god! Now we'll probably soon have 2 almost identical systems, besides mine with Optic-White front B)

Just a point on Opti-White.......I've heard it scratches much easier than normal glass but not as much as acrylic. This true? anyone heard of this?

Just a point on Opti-White.......I've heard it scratches much easier than normal glass but not as much as acrylic. This true? anyone heard of this?

I once had a 890L with Opti-White in the front + right side, for about a year, with no scratches.. I think personal it's just like normal green glass :)

ive heard it scratches easier. But i guess if ur careful it should be fine. I'll be using opti white in my next tank

I just use some toiletpaper to clean the glass - Mostly unused :D

If it gets a schratch, i'll usualy just buy some new, and bigger.. Works everi time.. My girlfriend thinks i'm a maniac though.. Women

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

few pics :-)

Full tank shot with the one bulb

DSC00108.jpg

Purple polyps which are growing like mad and will need to be fragged soon.

DSC00109.jpg

Purple Fungia frags

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

Bottom Right

DSC00113_1.jpg

Full tank shot

DSC00115.jpg

Top right - Blastos, turbinara, zoas, plating monti

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00118_1.jpg

DSC00119_1.jpg