Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Enigma70x7's REEF

enigma70x7

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice stuff enigma, what type of post-processing techniques are you using? Looks a bit HDRish.

I edit the RAW in Lightroom then export to Photoshop and run it through various filters. I absolutely LOVE Topaz Adjust 4 at the moment.

I edit the RAW in Lightroom then export to Photoshop and run it through various filters. I absolutely LOVE Topaz Adjust 4 at the moment.

I haven't played with any filters for a while, but that seems like an excellent filter. Normally, I just edit in layers in cs5.

Nice shoot like always enigma .. BTW, can you share what camera setting you use for macro shoot ?? I have Canon 60mm too, but cant shoot as good as you ..

thx

Thanks, there's not really a single magic setting that I use. I always shoot in manual mode and have raw as the file format. Then I edit in lightroom to set the white balance and play with the tonal curve to bring out or hide the details that I want. I'm no expert but the best advise that I think I can give is research everything you can about photography and take tons and tons of pictures.

6804369440_50f4a5e333_b.jpg

6804356166_897d08ed93_b.jpg

6804355942_cd4e46a9e8_b.jpg

6804356074_249c398050_b.jpg

6804356374_302033f831_b.jpg

Lots of eye candy in your thread which is great. You can really see how your photography skills have increased from the beginning of the thread to now. I do wish you had some more current pictures of the FTS and some others that show the scape.

Wow... after seeing the pics on this page, I had to go back to the beginning to see everything. Simply amazing.

How are your fish doing? That pygmy hawkfish is so cute. Did you ever decide to get any replacements for the DOAs from liveaquaria?

Just to reiterate - WOW. omgomgomg

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

This tank just blows me away. woah!!! You must enter into 3 and under pico contest.

Well.. the tank is 7.5g and one month away from being 2 years old. ;)

Lots of eye candy in your thread which is great. You can really see how your photography skills have increased from the beginning of the thread to now. I do wish you had some more current pictures of the FTS and some others that show the scape.
FTS! FTS! FTS!

Eh, no FTS until things get back on track. The tank is in pretty bad shape right now. All of the zoas in the tank except for the brown ones are slowly melting away for some unkown reason. A third of my sps is in pretty bad shape because the P.O.S. tailspot is constantly grazing on the polyps. :angry: He's probably going to get the death sentence if I can figure out how to catch him. Once he's gone it will probably be another 2 months before things get back to normal and I feel comfortable showing the tank off again..

Wow... after seeing the pics on this page, I had to go back to the beginning to see everything. Simply amazing.

How are your fish doing? That pygmy hawkfish is so cute. Did you ever decide to get any replacements for the DOAs from liveaquaria?

Just to reiterate - WOW. omgomgomg

The pygmy is doing great but the tailspot has turned out to be a coral eater. I'm actually on my third try at adding a new fish. I made the mistake of buying a super tiny panda goby that simply disapeared. Next came a black clown goby that ended up taking a water slide into the sump where he was eaten by the skimmer. Currently the latest is a small green banded goby that seems to be doing ok for now but I've only had him for a few weeks. Except for the pygmy hawk, I've had the worst luck with fish.

The "new" guy.

6970460963_106ec654e9_b.jpg

Tailspot Blenny is officially out of the tank and in holding until I decide what to do with him.

Flashlight abstract

6827791222_86c15443c0_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
Not quite sure what's goin on there lol

Thats the point :P

FTS updates-

The tank is still not in the best of shape but things are recovering.

6941411772_dd766f9ce0_b.jpg

7087481417_256dd4253c_b.jpg

6941411616_cab460f550_b.jpg

Archived