ReefCleaners.org

Enigma70x7's REEF

enigma70x7

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enigma70x7

No new fts for now.. I had to move a lot of the rocks around to accommodate the ricordia rock and I'm just not liking the way it looks now. I will most likely sell/trade the rics to get things back the way I liked it.

Like the anenome. Did it move around a lot before finding a home???

The nem moved about 1" down into a small indention on the side of the rock. Flower nems normally don't move much at all if they have plenty of bright light and medium turbulent flow.

• 2 weeks later...

FTS update before I add the next batch of coral next week. (frag tile will be gone by then)

IMG_20100612_152205.jpg

IMG_20100612_152216.jpg

IMG_20100612_152417.jpg

IMG_20100612_152544.jpg

• 2 months later...

A little FTS update. Not the best pictures but im feeling a bit lazy today. :D

I will be adding a DIY PVC overflow and 10g sump sometime this month. I just hope I can pull it off without it looking ghetto. I'd also like to add a second fish but for the life of me I cant decide on what I want. I've been eying a Balinese Pink-streaked Wrasse but I'm a bit nervous about having a fish shipped with all this heat.

IMG_20100817_161426.jpg

IMG_20100817_161339.jpg

Started work on the overflow today. I'm still waiting for my drill to charge up so I can drill the siphon break and primer valve holes.

IMG_20100818_164250.jpg

IMG_20100818_164131.jpg

IMG_20100818_163943.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I love glass-holes. They always give candy.

This might help you out a bit-

Btw, nice tank! I missed this one.

Thanks, thats exactly what I was planning. :D

IMG_20100524_113250_edit0_edit0.jpg

that's really cool looking!

Pvc overflow was basically a failure. Time for plan B.

IMG_20100902_120821.jpg

Anyone have tips on drilling a partially full tank? :o

yummy.....[been at the beach most of the day, so that's about as far as i got before my sunbaked brain starting thinking about something else :P ]

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have decided to put off drilling my tank until I get a new stand built. The stand I'm using now is actually an old media/stereo rack and it works great with just the aquarium on top but its going to look like crap if I have more pipes, wires, and a sump on the bottom. So yeah thats on hold..

But check this out, I went down to ye old LFS today and what did I find?

A

B)Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish B)

AKA Freckles

IMG_20100929_164313.jpg 

Well I have decided to put off drilling my tank until I get a new stand built. The stand I'm using now is actually an old media/stereo rack and it works great with just the aquarium on top but its going to look like crap if I have more pipes, wires, and a sump on the bottom. So yeah thats on hold..

But check this out, I went down to ye old LFS today and what did I find?

A

B)Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish B)

AKA Freckles

IMG_20100929_164313.jpg 

cool!!! he's so cuteee :P:D

So I'm thinking that adding a $50 fish to a small tank that also houses a large anemone (relatively speaking) might not have been such a good idea. :scarry:

IMG_20101007_140918.jpg

So I'm thinking that adding a $50 fish to a small tank that also houses a large anemone (relatively speaking) might not have been such a good idea. :scarry:

IMG_20101007_140918.jpg

that would be driving me crazy :o

that would be driving me crazy :o
Very nice looking rock work. Yeah I hope that fish doesn't get to curious.

So far he seems to know whats up and stays out of that corner. For a while I was worried that I would scare him and he would swim into the nem out of fear. The good thing is that he takes the "If I don't move he cant see me"" approach to defense instead of zipping around the tank trying to escape.

great looking tank! what fish are you thinking?

I was talking about the pygmy hawk that I just got.

• 1 month later...

I'm bored so I thought I would put up a small update. The Firefish decided to jump ship a couple weeks ago which kinda sucks because I really liked the little guy. I still would like to get a Pygmy Possum wrasse, and maybe now this gives me the opportunity if I can find one. The Pygmy Hawk is still doing great. I cant get him to eat any prepared foods but I have a decent critter population thats been keeping him fat and happy. He's become increasingly bold since I first added him to the tank, now he's out and about all day stealthily sniping bugs from the rocks and generally devouring anything thats alive and fits in his mouth.

I'm also having a small algae problem since I added the sump. It probably doesn't help that my CC is down to just one Emerald Crab and a few snails. I'm sure once I stop being a cheap ass and buy a skimmer and new cleanup crew it will sort its self out. I also need to see about building a LED fuge light to help out the growth down in the sump. All I have down there at the moment is a small CF and I think the algae in the sump really needs more light to compete with algae in the brightly lit display tank. Over all though things are only slightly out of balance as far as nutrient control goes and I'm sure once I make a few tweaks everything will come back in line.

Other than that, there's not much else new in this little one cubic foot chunk of the world. Sometime next month I'll get the ball rolling and start making some changes. Until then, heres a few random pics I took this morning. Thanks for looking.

▼[Playing around with the RetroCamera app]▼

shot_1290441555642.jpg

▼[This guy has grown a lot]▼

shot_1290441630034.jpg

Archived