SaltCritters.com

The Acro Haven + Ricordea Garden

Nemo Niblets

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I just found it on there. Thanks for the info though. Definitely something to keep in mind in case I ever need one. ;)

Nemo Niblets
Haha, I just found it on there. Thanks for the info though. Definitely something to keep in mind in case I ever need one. ;)

It's awesome! No problem. I just sometimes forget to turn it on when I turn on the halides. :(

Nemo Niblets

Some corals I got in the past two week.

Blue tip stag. Probably my favorite piece I got yesterday.

DSC02517.jpg

Setosa!

DSC02520.jpg

King Midas

DSC02523.jpg

Rainbow Palys from Reefkoi. THey have some more yellows and greens, I just gotta get them right on my camera. (ID?)

DSC02524.jpg

Bottlebrush... sick.

DSC02525.jpg

Pink yuma.

DSC02529.jpg

Candlelight. Is still coloring up.

DSC02530.jpg

Pink Pocillopora/stylo. Got this a little tanned out, is coloring up also.(ID?)

DSC02532.jpg

Candy Apple Red

DSC02533.jpg

I

I have a few more corals I didn't take pictures of. Pink jade, some other acro. A big green slimer. But the pics will come! I mounted the corals into the rockwork last night after I took the photos.

nice dylan. i missed the dmas frag swap yesterday. i had been planning on it but the the tank never fully cycled so i decided to skip this one :[

Nemo Niblets
nice dylan. i missed the dmas frag swap yesterday. i had been planning on it but the the tank never fully cycled so i decided to skip this one :[

:(

I got most of my SPS from Mark off dmas. He had the best SPS. I got the rainbow zoas and an awesome crocea clam from Reefkoi, and a setosa from Pampee. But if you want SPS go to him, it was CHEAP stuff.

It wasn't as good as Next wave. Probably 2/3 as good IMO. You didn't miss much.

:(

I got most of my SPS from Mark off dmas. He had the best SPS. I got the rainbow zoas and an awesome crocea clam from Reefkoi, and a setosa from Pampee. But if you want SPS go to him, it was CHEAP stuff.

It wasn't as good as Next wave. Probably 2/3 as good IMO. You didn't miss much.

i told you about his stuff, theyre really good sized frags and well colored. i hope he didnt get rid of all his frags just yet, i hope to stop by his house one time just to pick some up.

for a free event, id say it was good

Nemo Niblets
i told you about his stuff, theyre really good sized frags and well colored. i hope he didnt get rid of all his frags just yet, i hope to stop by his house one time just to pick some up.

for a free event, id say it was good

Yeah, it did run pretty well. Much better than I expected. Did you get the pink jade or bottlebrush from him? Or the blue tip stag? They're INSANE.

Nemo Niblets
Nice additions!

Have you seen Dave Fason's Setlsa, it's stunning!

Yep. The best part about them is the fact that they always grow differently in other people's tanks. :)

Yeah, it did run pretty well. Much better than I expected. Did you get the pink jade or bottlebrush from him? Or the blue tip stag? They're INSANE.

not yet, i told him ill be picking some up when the tank is ready

• 2 weeks later...
Nemo Niblets

Update. :)

I'm getting very good growth out of this blue acro. Which is good, because it's my favorite piece :)

DSC02581.jpg

New Green Slimer

DSC02582.jpg

Blue Bottlebrush (Can't get the colors right, but it's amazing)

DSC02583.jpg

Blue tipped stag. (Can't get the colors right either. The tips glow :))

DSC02584.jpg

Another red planet frag

DSC02586.jpg

Blue plasma encrusting well.

DSC02588.jpg

Unknown.

DSC02590.jpg

Unknown close up

DSC02593.jpg

Pocillapora. Not sure if it's done coloring up or not yet..

DSC02595.jpg

Pink Chalice almost fully recovered.

DSC02597.jpg

Purple monster?

DSC02600.jpg

Setosa

DSC02603.jpg

MBZ Pink mille, nicest pink millepora I've ever seen.

DSC02611.jpg

Pink jade?

DSC02613.jpg

This palmer's blue mille grows SO FAST.

DSC02624.jpg

Pink Birdsnest growing well as always.

DSC02664.jpg

Left Side Shot

DSC02657.jpg

Right Side Shot

DSC02661.jpg

FTS 4-25-2010

DSC02604.jpg

Nemo Niblets
How do you have your reflector set up?

Hanging 6 inches from the top. I built the hanging pipe myself. Don't go with this much power if you don't want a full SPS tank. The ricordeas are melting and getting pretty annoyed. :P

Loving it!!!

The SPS are looking great!

Nemo Niblets
cant wait til this grows out

Me too :P

On another note, my ricordeas can't handle all the light. The ones in the direct light are jellying up. I've had to move them to my other tank. I guess I have to sell them <_<

Nemo Niblets
im getting rid of mine too. gonna wait it out to find some yellow ones

I've been searching for those forever. I was going to order some from coralmorphologic but.. eh. Shipping sucks :(

Its white with little black stripes. Looks a bit like a pom pom crab. You sure?

well from the pic it looks more spidery... oh well lol

and tank looks great :D

Nemo Niblets
OMG!! You have 3 clams now??? Awesome.

Hey & I'll buy some of those bright rics from you JLMK!

I'm selling them for 20/polyp. They're all premium though, you can have first pick.

You should do Acro Haven + Zoa Collection. B)

I'm thinking about putting one acro on the bottom, another yuma, and zoas+encrusting montis. I'm not that crazy about zoas, and they never do well for me. Out of everything in my tank, I've had the least problems out of SPS. I want a nice sunset monti too.

tell you what. when im ready for them, lets split. i know bill gets them in often

Let's do it! I don't go to Bill's. I wish I could, but he acted like a complete douche towards me when I was there.

Archived