Cultivated Reef

The Acro Haven + Ricordea Garden

Nemo Niblets

Nemo Niblets
Your frags are so awesome. Damn those SPS are nice.

Love that Ric with 4 mouths too.

I can't wait for the rics to get bigger... give it 6 months and I'll be able to cut them all in half :D

Nice photos and corals. It's all starting come together. Sorry about the fish. Which one exactly is the goner, the clown or BSJ? I assume the clown. Congrats on the POTM.

Yep, the clown. Thanks! :D I feel like it's coming together too... I traded some frags last weekend, and I get to pick up a few pieces... including a Candlelight acro :)

wow nemo,

you have been busy!!

those corals are gorgeous! omgomgomg

thank you for sharing your pic`s too.

p.s sorry about your clown :tears:

Thank you!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything looks awesome! Your ric garden is amazing :D makes me want my own lol. Sorry to hear about your clowns too. I'll definitely be following along though! :)

Nemo Niblets
Everything looks awesome! Your ric garden is amazing :D makes me want my own lol. Sorry to hear about your clowns too. I'll definitely be following along though! :)

Thanks! :D

Nemo Niblets

SO. I am clearing out the Biocube 29, and SETTING UP A 120 GALLON!

4x2x2, perfect dimensions. I'm so excited! :D I'm setting it up slowly of course, buying a piece at a time. I already have an Reef Octo XP-2000 External skimmer. I'm goin with a TEK Elite 8x54w T5 fixture, and 2 vortech MP40ws. Ooooh I'm excited.

Anyways, my SPS are all in their happy place and starting to grow like crazy now. My monti's especially. The encrusting montis are going nuts, and so are the caps. Every weekend I water test, I have to start dosing more two part. I'm up to 10 ML a day of B-Ionic magnesium, calc, and alk now.

1 week ago

DSC02461.jpg

2 days ago.

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

Also, I found a little crab. He's nice. Probably not good, but whatever. ID?

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

:lockdown: :lockdown: omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

This should be EPIC!!!!!!

Mixed reef? Or big super duper manly Acro Haven + Ricordea Garden?

Nemo Niblets
:lockdown: :lockdown: omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

This should be EPIC!!!!!!

Mixed reef? Or big super duper manly Acro Haven + Ricordea Garden?

Hmm. Ricordeas, of course. A few clams. Probably a garden the size of this tank. Two island aquascape, one bigger than the other. Acros everywhere I can cram them of course. :) So SPS dominated, a few acans. Some other LPS, ricordeas and zoas. I'm stoked!

Nemo Niblets
Sounds fun!!

You got the tank yet? I bet your's will have water before am's will!

Haha the race is on.

I'm getting the light first, then the tank. But I already have most of it planned out. The skimmer is external, so a small sump w/ chaeto.

Oh yeah, fish. I'm not exactly sure what I'll get, and I'm not set, but here are my priorities:

-Borbonius anthias

-4-5 bartlett/lyretail anthias. Haven't decided yet, I will eventually.

-2-3 flame wrasses

-2-3 McCosker's flashers.

-Yellow Coris Wrasse

-Yellow Tang

Nemo Niblets
Aren't you like 15? How do you afford all this?! :bling:

But seriously, it's going to be amazing, excited to see this happen.

What are you talking about?

:happy:

Thanks, me too :D

Nemo Niblets
Any reason to have choosen that skimmer?

Excellent reviews, good service, good warranty. I was going to go with an ATB 840 v1.5 or a vertex in-180 but I got this from a friend at a very good price.

Also, mojo on RC said it would be enough for my tank and nobody knows more about skimmers than mojo...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

:flower:

Nemo Niblets

Picked up a pink aquacultured yuma and a browning-out yellow stylophora w/ pink tips yesterday at a LFS sale. I have some frags coming in from a trade, too. Pics tonight :)

Haha the race is on.

I'm getting the light first, then the tank. But I already have most of it planned out. The skimmer is external, so a small sump w/ chaeto.

Oh yeah, fish. I'm not exactly sure what I'll get, and I'm not set, but here are my priorities:

-Borbonius anthias

-4-5 bartlett/lyretail anthias. Haven't decided yet, I will eventually.

-2-3 flame wrasses

-2-3 McCosker's flashers.

-Yellow Coris Wrasse

-Yellow Tang

I'd go with the bartlett over lyretail. I wish I had. The lyretails kinda looks pretty dull after a while. Borbonius are awesome. Also, get different kinds of flashers instead of just McCoskers. My mystery wrasse kinda ruined my plans of doing that. Never had a yellow coris but I really like my melanurus wrasse. He's pretty cool.

Anyway, can't wait to see the bigger tank up and running. Plan it out really well. It's so much harder to make changes afterwards.

This tank is looking awesome.

Nemo Niblets
I'd go with the bartlett over lyretail. I wish I had. The lyretails kinda looks pretty dull after a while. Borbonius are awesome. Also, get different kinds of flashers instead of just McCoskers. My mystery wrasse kinda ruined my plans of doing that. Never had a yellow coris but I really like my melanurus wrasse. He's pretty cool.

Anyway, can't wait to see the bigger tank up and running. Plan it out really well. It's so much harder to make changes afterwards.

This tank is looking awesome.

i saw bartlett's at my LFS yesterday and decided on those. Maybe a trio of lyretails, but probably just a big school of bartlett's. They're hardy and peaceful too. I have a pair of McCoskers coming in. I might get a pair of another, but I am for sure going with a flame wrasse or two. The yellow coris is just to get rid of pests.

I've been planning for about 6 months now. :P I'm hoping it does well.

I'm goin with a TEK elite 8x54w T5. Two MP40ws. I'm pretty excited.

Awesome pics.

Thank you :D

tank looks awesome man!!!

oh and that lil crab looks like a baby arrow crab....

alsoi know i asked thisbefore, but how do you afford all of this, you are a teen, right? :P

Nemo Niblets
tank looks awesome man!!!

oh and that lil crab looks like a baby arrow crab....

Its white with little black stripes. Looks a bit like a pom pom crab. You sure?

Nemo Niblets

I got a pair of McCosker's flashers wrasses :D

I acclimated them, and they're chillin on the sand. I'll get pics when the lights turn on. They're super peppy :)

Nemo Niblets

Okay, so the male mccosker's died, but the female is doin great. I'm getting in another male.

I just got back from my frag swap. I got the SICKEST acros for dirt cheap. Awww yeah pics up in a bit.

Archived