Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tundrashauls 20gal. long

tundrashaul

tundrashaul

got a pep. shrimp today to hopefully get at the aiptasia before it spreads, i got a hermit from hell too, within 1 hour he attacked the starfish, and my mushroom that survived cycle. the mushroom was shooting black stuff out its center as he was trying to eat it....so the hermit was banished to the fuge where he got in between the baffles so i had to fish him outta there. man hes a pain. i also ordered my cleanup crew today, hopefully the smaller hermits will be a little less aggressive, i am hoping the pep. shrimp wont kill snails, but he is not a permanent reident anyways.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tundrashaul

Fuge with macros

tank%20june%20016.JPG

FTS 6/5/10

tank%20june%20017.JPG

Right side

tank%20june%20018.JPG

Left side

tank%20june%20019.JPG

Added a reef cleaners CUC, macros, and red mangroves yesterday. Things are coming together, did a 5 gallon WC just after adding cuc. Looks like hair algae on rocks, hopefully wont take too long to get a hand on.

tundrashaul
Looking good! How has the cuc been doing?

they have been doing great, the hermits are the only thing that get at the hair algae and i only have two in the display still. the biggest most effective hermit was banished to sump for eating the mushroom. I have a small Cyano outbreak on the piece of LR, but i have cut lighting down and started up the skimmer to pull anything out. very low phosphate, but it was there, I dont know where it is coming from but hopefully macros will take care of it ;)

Meengineer0128

Throw another MP10 in there on the opposite side!!!! Everyone should have two Vortech pumps!!!! ;)

tundrashaul

Got some new additions last night. my fiance bought me a few things for my b-day, went with some hardy corals to start.

Green star polyp

tank%20adds%20005.JPG

Kenya tree and 4 $ paly frag.

tank%20adds%20006.JPG

freebie kanya

tank%20adds%20009.JPG

Freebie frogspwan, smaller than the end of my pinkie finger, but still it was FREE

tank%20adds%20010.JPG

FTS

tank%20adds%20013.JPG

automatik_33

Nice corals!

I really want to get a frogspawn but will probably wait a little longer on that one. Would like to get one that size though and really watch it grow. :happy:

I love your aquascaping. You know you've done it right when the rocks themselves look awesome lol. Nice...am tagging along :D

tundrashaul
Nice corals!

I really want to get a frogspawn but will probably wait a little longer on that one. Would like to get one that size though and really watch it grow. :happy:

Thanks, i really have come to like the frogspawn and i didnt even pick it out :D ......when the guy was getting the paly frag, the frogspawn was just floating around on the bare bottom of the frag tank so he grabbed it, put it in the bag and said you can find a hole in a rock for that right? so why not!! had to move it because i came in today and the mp-10 had pulled it out and it tiok my 30 min to track it down, i fond it and put on the left side. there was a blenny in the store i really liked but it may still be a little early for a fish, maybe next weekend.

I love your aquascaping. You know you've done it right when the rocks themselves look awesome lol. Nice...am tagging along :D

Thanks...it took forever to get it to my liking, there was a fine line between stability and good looks, especially when stacking on bare bottom

I go to Aquatic Obsessions. I am pretty new to this and they are less than a mile from my apt. I have read other peoples comments on LFS in NoVa and they seem to be happy with them and another place called Blue Ribbon Koi. I haven't been to that one yet, but will probably stop by at some point.

I had a friend with the YWG and shrimp and love how they work together and the bright yellow of the gobi.

Just checked out Blue Ribbon Koi's website. Check it out their frag display is awesome looking.

tundrashaul

I couldnt resist that blenny i saw in LFS the other day.......so we went today and got him, hes a lawnmower blenny and i watched him eating both times i was in there. I also got a really nice birdsnest at a fair price, hope its not too early for it but we will see. i dont know if i want to glue it or hope it will stay put just sitting there but i doubt it. pics tomorrow, if blenny comes out of his cave :D

tundrashaul
Awesome scape. One thing though, those rocks need more coraline.. ;)

With time fly...with time......

New birdsnest

birdsnest%20and%20blenny%20001.JPG

Blenny

birdsnest%20and%20blenny%20007.JPG

Frogspawn in new spot

birdsnest%20and%20blenny%20005.JPG

Gang

birdsnest%20and%20blenny%20003.JPG

tundrashaul

Just got the ATO setup and running. very simple setup took only 10 min. I used a float switvh made primarily for topping off livestock water troughs. i used one float 8$ at Tractor supply, i 3/4 thread to 3/8 barb fitting , 4 feet of 3/8 ID tube and the 7 gallon fresh top off jug.......pics

ATO%20001.JPG

ATO%20002.JPG

ATO%20003.JPG

tundrashaul
nice video

Thank you....The blenny i bought has been hiding in the same area under the left side island, havent seen him out at all, he just moves from crack to crack and he has dug a hoe all the way to bottom!!!!!! is this normal, i tried to give him mysis but he just darted off, i hope he is picking at some algae.....he was so active at LFS. its my first saltwater fish, but i have never had a freshie take this long to come out, i was hoping he would add some life to the tank but so far he has let me down :angry:

automatik_33

Sounds kind of like the same boat I am in. Got a lawnmower blenny a couple days ago also to battle some hair algae and was very active once I acclimated him to the tank but the last two days has just been posted up in a rock all day. Every now and then he will come out and take a survey and check out his reflection but go straight back to his spot. I think they may just need time to really gather in all their new surroundings.

tundrashaul

ATO has been working great, actually been able to tune the skimmer better now that i have a consistent water level, when i did a WC the other night i just took the jug off the counter and put it on the floor while i did my thing.........and the blenny, i got him last sunday, so a week ago, he will perch up on the rocks timidly while moon lights are on, but other than that hes usually holed up, though when i do glimpse him he does seem to look healthy.

cruzH20polo

ato really is the bees knees

well if you got him a week ago don't stress about not seeing the blenny, when I had a bi-color it took him a month before he came out during the day, after that, he was the fish that was always out and about, just give some time :)

tundrashaul
ato really is the bees knees

well if you got him a week ago don't stress about not seeing the blenny, when I had a bi-color it took him a month before he came out during the day, after that, he was the fish that was always out and about, just give some time :)

Thats good to know, my hair algae is gone, so i think he is feeding at night. or it may have been the sea hare that came on the birdsnest, i heard they eat cyano and i couldnt find anything really bad bout them so i plopped him in with hopes he would keep it in check

Archived