inTank Media Baskets

Tundrashauls 20gal. long

tundrashaul

Thanks man, Lost all the acros and birdsnest after the outage but they were on their way out anyhow. The green monti cap that had bleached 6 months ago is slowly coming back. You can really see the green back under actinics.

Atlantis had three BEAUTIFUL clams under 70 bucks, a little more than I wanted to pay but any other LFS would been asking at least $150!!

The tank has been doing best with the whole hands off Idea, I am dosing nothing and just staying on 5 gallon transfusion style WCs. I change 5 gallons in 3 to 5 hours depending how long I'll be home and it keeps parameter swings almost none. The fact I have been mixing my own water and using it immediately has also helped, as I no longer trust LFS store water when working with smaller tanks(any at that matter).

I am doing a DIY led build for the 75 and I'm stoked to do it, just the kind of #### I love. 2 20 inch heatsinks with 24 cree XP series 50/50 mix with meanwell dim capable drivers. and one string on the hinged part of the canopy angled toward the back of the tank as to light the front of the scape.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is looking good. I went back a few months in the thread and it seems like you gone through several ups and downs during the summer months. Glad to see you are pushing through and can't wait to see the 75 build take shape.

• 3 months later...

The twentys been down for a week, 75s been up about 3. I don't have a computer at the moment so makin a thread by phone is out, maybe I'll get a pic or two in here for any who care!

• 3 months later...
tundrashaul

Nope, I currently don't have a comp so I have to do everything on my phone. Until NR is Tapatalk friendly it's just too much posting pics.

The link to Richmond reefers should work. Is it restricted?

I am not sure how often you get on here, but I just checked out the 75 thread and the tank is looking nice. I can't wait until I get to upgrade again. Hope all is well.

tundrashaul

Thanks gats, I've been having a lot of success with a bigger tank. The local clubs is where is at as far as coral prices. 10-20$ frags and I got a six inch mini colony of tukari deep water for 30$. There a while lot of gorgeous and huge tanks in the area so a lot of inspiration and monthly meets/swaps. You should come down for the 23 there's a meet at a guys house with a 500!

• 5 weeks later...
tundrashaul

If anyone knows a way to upload pictures to this site without jumping from site to site let me know and ill put some pics up for anyone interested. Im just not interested in the whole uploading to another site to post here.

The 75 is doing very well, and the livestock is settled in. I gave away the hippo when she got just under 4 inches to a local reefer with a 265 so she is doing well now. I replaced her with an indian gold ring bristle tooth tang she is really cool looking but again with the PITA pic thing. Its probably easiest to check the richmond forum, I am setting up a 34 gallon solana shortly and would love to get back involved with this site for it. I need to get a CPU back in the house so sharing is a bit more simple

Archived