inTank Media Baskets

Kitty's 34G Oceanic Cube

Kittysnax

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey,

I just wanted to know if your fixture could fit on a 24" tank? The way you have it set up seems to have a large footprint?

I know that with the t5ho's it would fit on a 24". I just put the legs on it (the MH only) to elevate it from the glass and let the air flow between it. I maybe only have the temp raise 1 degree when it is on that way.

Now I have no idea if it would fit on a 24" tank that wasnt at LEAST 20" front to back with the T5HO's on. that is why Im not using them at the moment. its too "deep" instead of "wide"

Just put in a custom order at reefcleaners with a lil bit of Johns advice. He sent me a good inquiry, but the husband gave me a SUPER strict budget so I tweaked it a tiny bit. I pretty much am getting everything John suggested, I just lowered the numbers by like 5% on some things.

Heres what I hope to see this time next week, since he'll be shipping on Tuesday I think:

30 Dwarf Cerith

15 Empty Hermit Shells (for the damn blueleg I have decided to keep)

6 Florida Cerith

6 Nassarius Vibex

1 Chaeto

1 1 Penny Macro Algae

6 Nerite Snails (Small - Medium)

cant wait cant wait!

meganistkrieg

Yay hermit crab! I understand why they're falling out of favor in cleaning crews, but as livestock, I think crabs are fab. Really interesting critters, and yours is so cute and tiny! I've got a rock crab that came in on my liverock (got a cell pic of him that I need to add to my thread...) and I know he can't be there forever, but he's fun to watch right now. I'm just a fan of inverts. :P

More pics of your clean-up-crew!

lol yea hes been funny, so i figured id keep an eye on him and get him some of his own shells from John. Maybe he'll be the perfect gentleman. I have no idea what sex it is, but to me hes a guy :P i found him holed up in a rock crevice this mornin. I knocked him off to see if he was still okay and he was all like :rant: . Hes started his long trek back up the rocks now LOL. I also pushed off some of those bubbles that were gettin on my rocks. Some are gettin stuck but I got a good bit off. Man I cant wait for my shipment to come in...pretty much a week wait now D:

OClownsandNanos

Tank's lookin' good! I ordered exactly the same snails from John except more nerites and a few less dwarf ceriths. They will work well for your tank, I think.

Wow, I never thought I'd say I like a sphinx, but yours is actually really cute! I'm pleasantly surprised -- all the pics I've seen of sphinxes in cat books have not been flattering. When you start getting your fish in I bet your kitty will be staring at the tank a lot! One of our cat's new favorite resting places is right next to the QT tank with the clowns. :)

Have fun with your shopping! I'm looking forward to seeing what you pick up!

ROFL thanks!

She actually likes watching the tank already and begs to be picked up when she sees us lookin into it. I think she likes the shimmer of the halides on the sandbed LOL! She doesnt care much for the freshwater tank, but shes mezmerized by the saltwater one! ....and I swear she can pick up soundwaves from Moscow with those radar-dish ears....

Jaeden hot as hell during the month without power during Ike:

0012.jpg

Jaeden is a pill popper (not really)

017.jpg

Jaeden givin me the "go to hell" look after I put her sweater on:

DSC01311.jpg

Tank is coming along and I really like the aquascape. Hope those arn't dinos... Ive had some showing up in my tank. :(

Oh and your cat is awesome!! Haha and I live with a Wow addict.. Carnifex.

Tank is coming along and I really like the aquascape. Hope those arn't dinos... Ive had some showing up in my tank. :(

Oh and your cat is awesome!! Haha and I live with a Wow addict.. Carnifex.

Thanks! I dont think they are dinos, cause my AC70 and skimmer produce alot of micro bubbles. And these blow off the surface with a turkey baster so Im not too concerned ;3 Good to see more WoW addicts1 ^_^

Well I went ahead and decided not to be too stupid in my purchases...seeing as how my impatience has gotten the best of me, I went home after looking, did some research, thought things over and went back to the store. Here is what I came home with......

1 Peppermint Shrimp

1 ORA False Percula Clown

Peppermint shrimp acclimating:

DSC01472.jpg

Peppermint Shrimp 'splorin:

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

ORA False Perc acclimating:

DSC01487.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

Snail Trails:

DSC01474.jpg

Zombie Snail nommin away:

DSC01494.jpg

I also think I may have some hair algae or Calothrix......I honestly have no idea I dont really wanna drop those big bad names because I could be over-reacting. Hopefully by the time the CUC gets here it will be a good time for them to start...

Wooo, pep shrimp!

yea @ 6.99 I couldnt say no! He is hiding in a cavey area right now...wish he'd come out and nibble on some of these diatoms or other kinda algae i have...Maybe tomorrow ;3

Im still psyched about payin 13.99$ for what I thought was a ORA False Perc and getting a Occ outta it ROFL :haha:

Nice tank. The clown is really healthy looking.

I used to play WoW... what a time sink lol

^_^ Thanks! I hope he is okay. I opened up some of this food I got for free with my tank setup, and the clown took a bite and spat it out. I dont think he cared for it, so Im kinda worried now heh. The peppermint shrimp on the other hand....came out of the rockwork as soon as it hit the water and ate the leftovers.....he was like a crack addict. ROFL

^_^ Thanks! I hope he is okay. I opened up some of this food I got for free with my tank setup, and the clown took a bite and spat it out. I dont think he cared for it, so Im kinda worried now heh. The peppermint shrimp on the other hand....came out of the rockwork as soon as it hit the water and ate the leftovers.....he was like a crack addict. ROFL

Ya, they do that lol.

They are so funny when they start the mad scurrying for food.

Btw, never seen it snack on any sort of algae other than a pellet I drop in. No tank algae.

They are so funny when they start the mad scurrying for food.

Btw, never seen it snack on any sort of algae other than a pellet I drop in. No tank algae.

After doin a search on them i realized they are carnivores. Thats cool though, DEFINATLY worth it to watch him, and IF an aiptasia ever makes its way in my tank, maybe he'll be nice to nom it down. My CUC Im gettin from reefcleaners will hopefully take care of this algae/diatom mess I have right now. The order was put in, alls I haveta do now is wait till Tuesday for him to ship. I hate waiting and blowing these damn micro bubbles off my rocks.....Im trying to think of a way to make it so that I dont have as many microbubs coming from the AC70...I just dunno what to do with it yet. :/

Very awesome clown. :)

Peppermints are awesome too. I had one once that when the lights went out he would do laps around the tank super fast. It was crazy to watch!

Very awesome clown. :)

Peppermints are awesome too. I had one once that when the lights went out he would do laps around the tank super fast. It was crazy to watch!

thanks! ROFL! It was just a bigger change from watching my millions of red cherry shrimp in my planted tank getting fed. :P

I am kinda worried now (probably overreacting) about my clown. Hes swimming fine, acting fine, and looks fine except for when I looked at him this morning, he has a teeny nipped pectoral fin. Its really hard to tell, but it looks like maybe he nipped it on a rock or maybe the shrimp snagged him last night? Hes swimming fine and still his usual goofy self so I am probably over reacting. Hes now branching out and touring all over the tank now, and getting brave enough to check out the upper part of the column every now and then LOL. I suppose Ill just keep an eye on in case an infection pops up :/

thanks! ROFL! It was just a bigger change from watching my millions of red cherry shrimp in my planted tank getting fed. :P

I am kinda worried now (probably overreacting) about my clown. Hes swimming fine, acting fine, and looks fine except for when I looked at him this morning, he has a teeny nipped pectoral fin. Its really hard to tell, but it looks like maybe he nipped it on a rock or maybe the shrimp snagged him last night? Hes swimming fine and still his usual goofy self so I am probably over reacting. Hes now branching out and touring all over the tank now, and getting brave enough to check out the upper part of the column every now and then LOL. I suppose Ill just keep an eye on in case an infection pops up :/

I am sure it is fine :)

OClownsandNanos

Wow you definitely went shopping! Your clown has very nice coloring. :) I like the pep too. How does Jaeden like your new additions?

My guys wouldn't eat the first day but have been fine since - don't worry about it. Just try to mix it up with different offerings. Congrats!

Wow you definitely went shopping! Your clown has very nice coloring. :) I like the pep too. How does Jaeden like your new additions?

My guys wouldn't eat the first day but have been fine since - don't worry about it. Just try to mix it up with different offerings. Congrats!

LOl she keeps beggin to be picked up so she can look at the clown wiggle his body ROFL! I tried to feed again today only this time I turned off the powerheads and AC70. He nibbled it and seems to have a full belly so thats a improvement. The pep didnt seem as starved as he was yesterday, but the snails, hermit, and the pep did a good job of cleanin up the leftovers. Its hard to put a little bit into the tank with these ketchup packs of food, but 1 tiny squeeze seems to feed everything in there right now. The pack itself probably has a good 2-3 more squeezes in it so I just paper clipped it close and stuck in the fridge. They seem to really like it so I guess Ill keep feedin it.

It's funny that people advocate cycling new SW tanks for weeks and weeks (3+) yet no one has commented on the fact that you added a fish after only 13 days of starting up your tank...and especially since you also threw in some dead LR!

Archived