• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sg:      1.024

Ammonia: 0

Nitrate: 0

AC70:    loud

Fire Shrimp molted.

Tweezer work from hell to get out what the starfish left of the wrasse.

Back a couple pages there's some pics from the other day. I might put some more up this afternoon when the light is on. I might also buy another fish, because poor decision making and impulse purchasing is the best way to overcome the loss of a fish.

The guy at the LFS, who sold me my first ill-fated 6 line, said that for every ten he gets only 5 make it. He has no idea why, but that's just been his experience. Of course I didn't comment on the fact that he didn't bring that up when I went back to him after the one I bought from him died but was happy to share it when I was talking about a dead fish I bought from another shop.

hahaximmaxfish

what light are you using? I mean, I know you have 150w metal halides but what brand?

The guy at the LFS, who sold me my first ill-fated 6 line, said that for every ten he gets only 5 make it. He has no idea why, but that's just been his experience. Of course I didn't comment on the fact that he didn't bring that up when I went back to him after the one I bought from him died but was happy to share it when I was talking about a dead fish I bought from another shop.

what a nub!

Coralife 150w clip-on. It works out great on this shape tank and since I already had it, I figured I'd use it.

what a nub!

He's definitely not a nub. He's sole concern is making $$$, no doubt about that, but he does know his ####. Unfortunately my preferred shop is closed on Mon/Tues.

what an a$$! sixlines are known to be bad shippers, but a 50% mortality rate is astounding.

I say be careful when buying from that store in the future, and either bring your own container or ask them for a larger bag with more water. I find that the fish do better in transit that way.

hahaximmaxfish
Coralife 150w clip-on. It works out great on this shape tank and since I already had it, I figured I'd use it.

He's definitely not a nub. He's sole concern is making $$$, no doubt about that, but he does know his ####. Unfortunately my preferred shop is closed on Mon/Tues.

I so could not work at a fish/pet store. I would say things like "what size tank do you have? what other fish do you have in there? NO! Im not selling you that tang!"

Well it's literally 4 blocks from home, and I have to say all of the other fish I have bought from him have done well. The fish I just bought from him he put a gallon of water in the bag. Of course it's at 1.015 so acclimating takes forever... 1.015 is good for him though. That 4 stripe came in a bag of water which was 1.009...

I so could not work at a fish/pet store. I would say things like "what size tank do you have? what other fish do you have in there? NO! Im not selling you that tang!"

Lol. I have tested this guy before. No matter what fish, invert or coral you ask about - it will definitely be ok in your tank.

hahaximmaxfish
Well it's literally 4 blocks from home, and I have to say all of the other fish I have bought from him have done well. The fish I just bought from him he put a gallon of water in the bag. Of course it's at 1.015 so acclimating takes forever... 1.015 is good for him though. That 4 stripe came in a bag of water which was 1.009...

Lol. I have tested this guy before. No matter what fish, invert or coral you ask about - it will definitely be ok in your tank.

"So sir, I bought this 1.5g tank last night and set it up and stuff. Will a tang and that cool looking carpet anemone do okay in my tank?"

lol, damn thats too bad.

I guess I should test my LFS's SG.

when I worked at a fish store the SG was 1.024 - 1.027 depending on the system. I would not sell people fish if they weren't suitable for their tanks, or quote em ridiculously high prices ;)

hahaximmaxfish

when I worked at a fish store the SG was 1.024 - 1.027 depending on the system. I would not sell people fish if they weren't suitable for their tanks, or quote em ridiculously high prices ;)

Good for you!

Ya, whata jerk. Thats kinda how my LFS is, only they dont know crap about anything. I have to point out the differance between turbo and nassarius snails >_> If i had the gas and willpower to drive to houston, i know id find better stuff LOL

New fish is almost done acclimating. Probably catch some #### for it.

You sir, have a problem. Your wife will be going to all the LFS in town and giving them your picture and telling them to not sell you anything haha.

What did you get? Another 6line?

Trust me, a 30 dollar fish barely elicits a response. I've shown up with a very expensive violin, numerous very expensive camera lenses, etc. I've toned it down the last couple years. 'Better to ask forgiveness than ask permission' works but the ringing in your ears gets old lol.

So waddya get?

Coral Beauty ftw!

Archived