ReefCleaners.org

Mustang Boy's 5g hex Contest Tank

Mustang Boy

ok well after doing TONS of last minute modification, while putting it all together lol, i got the tank running my mj600 that i plumbed into my pipework in a closed loop kind of setup is working perfectly and is the added gph i needed to make it worthwhile and actually has tons of nice flow and is totally random. i have built the rockwork and it looks great and ive added a couple of tiny pieces of rock from my AP24 so that should kick start the cycle some. i will be working on a way to hang my NEP 20in over it. so i should be shopping for a CUC in the next few weeks.

and i will get pictures as soon as the tank clears up because there was still some sediment on my dry rock even though i rinsed it really well.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i just put in my electric thermometer and noticed the tank is hovering around 80-81 degrees with no heater on it. looks like im gonna have to move the tank away from the window some

• 2 weeks later...
Mustang Boy

ive got rock in and everything is working as planned now just need to mount my light to the ceiling and everything will be ready to go

• 2 weeks later...
Mustang Boy

thanks for the heads up. i have no updates yet as my new job has been kicking my ass and havnt had time to make a light yet(decided to go DIY LED). heck i dont even have all the supplies to make it yet only a few small heatsinks and i still have to find a piece of aluminum to attach them to

Archived