SaltCritters.com

Mustang Boy's 5g hex Contest Tank

Mustang Boy

ok i have to place an order to dr.fs for other things so i will be getting another pico 600 pump and i have already modified my pipework for 2 inlets which was an easy task.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another option would be to put a cap on each end. You could then drill a hole in each cap. That way you still get the same number of outlets just reduced flow from each outlet. Of course the cap sticks out a bit more but you could cut back the T and Cap area with a minimum glue surface so they didn't stick out so much.

Just another idea to think about B)

Another option would be to put a cap on each end. You could then drill a hole in each cap. That way you still get the same number of outlets just reduced flow from each outlet. Of course the cap sticks out a bit more but you could cut back the T and Cap area with a minimum glue surface so they didn't stick out so much.

Just another idea to think about B)

yea i added caps to the end of these after testing it like this. i drilled 7-8(i cant make a good pattern lol) small holes in each cap one hole being at the very center and it made almost no difference so im gonna go ahead and order a second pump and i found out you can adjust the inlet on these pumps so when i get both of them hooked up ill play with the adjustment and get it where it feels right then do fine tuning with the flow from the AC30

ok i just placed an order with dr.fs, i will be getting a 20lb bag(only place i found with a 10lb bag wanted a ton to ship n woulda cost more than getting it from here) of the hawaiian black sand, another pico pump like the one i already have, an electronic thermometer(needed to spend a few more dollars to use the coupon code lol), some kalkwasser, and some reef plus(gonna use the kalk and reef plus at half strength in my top off jug) i also ordered some test kits as ive lost some of my older ones(bad memory lol)

animalmaster6
ok i just placed an order with dr.fs, i will be getting a 20lb bag(only place i found with a 10lb bag wanted a ton to ship n woulda cost more than getting it from here) of the hawaiian black sand, another pico pump like the one i already have, an electronic thermometer(needed to spend a few more dollars to use the coupon code lol), some kalkwasser, and some reef plus(gonna use the kalk and reef plus at half strength in my top off jug) i also ordered some test kits as ive lost some of my older ones(bad memory lol)

awesome

yep after i get my order from dr.fs plus my order from tampa bay saltwater i will have everything i need to build my rock structure after i complete one little DIY thing that i will not be mentioning yet lol

animalmaster6
yep after i get my order from dr.fs plus my order from tampa bay saltwater i will have everything i need to build my rock structure after i complete one little DIY thing that i will not be mentioning yet lol

:happydance:

Ready to unveil plans yet? Or are you :ninja: ?

im gonna :ninja: for a little bit longer but once i get each piece of my DIY project partially completed i will post up pics to see if anybody can figure out what im doing lol

animalmaster6
im gonna :ninja: for a little bit longer but once i get each piece of my DIY project partially completed i will post up pics to see if anybody can figure out what im doing lol

I'll be here, waiting.

animalmaster6
hahaha no, no giant flatworms in this tank lol

this isnt critter related lol

Could've told me that!

I am an equipment noob so im not even gonna bother

hahaha no and no

i will give you guys a hint this is done in some larger reefs to for its benefits but i will be doing it because i think it looks very aestetically pleasing lol

animalmaster6
hahaha no and no

i will give you guys a hint this is done in some larger reefs to for its benefits but i will be doing it because i think it looks very aestetically pleasing lol

Live Rock formation?

Archived