SaltCritters.com

Mustang Boy's 5g hex Contest Tank

Mustang Boy

ok i got a nightstand for a stand today. it seems really sturdy so it will have no problem supporting the tank. i will more than likely be making an offer on a skimmer early next week so maybe ill be running an AC30 fuge and a skimmer lol.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
ok i got a nightstand for a stand today. it seems really sturdy so it will have no problem supporting the tank. i will more than likely be making an offer on a skimmer early next week so maybe ill be running an AC30 fuge and a skimmer lol.

Awesome!

its still gonna be a little bit before i put rocks in it for good. i still have to mount the pump and some other things and if i do buy the skimmer ill have to wait till i get that so i can make sure the rockwork clears the skimmer intake. i also might be going to a different LFS across town tomorrow and might pick up some more small pieces of dry rock so i have more to choose from when i build my rockwork. i also have a little bit of custom work to do before the rocks can go in as well as buying some silicone for hold the rocks together(any recommendations on cheapish clear silicone that is safe to use)

I use GEsilicone1 window and door clear it is 100% silicone with no mildew/mold stuff in it.I have the clear I just need to get the black

Did you use flat satin or simgloss on the black paint.Iam trying to find out what would match the shine black part of my tank.I know flat is out.Do they even make a satin fusion paint?

the paint i used was satin black krylon fusion because i figured that was the closest color to flat black

and i will keep an eye out for that silicone thanks

Get off the couch!!!

+1 just spent 2 hours on something that should have taken 45 mins and I broke 3 or 4 teeth off my miter saw and 1 or 2 teeth off my table saw :angry:

+1 just spent 2 hours on something that should have taken 45 mins and I broke 3 or 4 teeth off my miter saw and 1 or 2 teeth off my table saw :angry:

well that sucks. the only powertools ill have to use is a drill hahaha.

Next time dont force it in take your time.lol

well that sucks. the only powertools ill have to use is a drill hahaha.

TOOLS o do I have the tools .lol I own a Construction company!!

TOOLS o do I have the tools .lol I own a Construction company!!

oohh im a mechanic i hav tons of tools too lol but i made it simple and only have to use a drill and maybe a dremel

Next time dont force it in take your time.lol

No it's more like really hard to hold a 12" diameter 4 ft long tube with one hand while working the saw with the other. I really needed a helper but it's over now and the piece is cut and done.

The lesson I really learned -- On the miter saw I should have swapped out my high end finish blade for the cheapie rough cut blade I have in the tool closet before I started this. :wacko:

The table saw was a cheapie blade so no huge loss on that one.

No it's more like really hard to hold a 12" diameter 4 ft long tube with one hand while working the saw with the other. I really needed a helper but it's over now and the piece is cut and done.

The lesson I really learned -- On the miter saw I should have swapped out my high end finish blade for the cheapie rough cut blade I have in the tool closet before I started this. :wacko:

The table saw was a cheapie blade so no huge loss on that one.

It would of been alot easier and safer to use a jigsaw with a finetooth blade. :P

It would of been alot easier and safer to use a jigsaw with a finetooth blade. :P

Yes I understand -- unfortunately it's the one power tool I don't own and I almost bought one last weekend.

Looking good! Just thought I would let you know.. that snow stuff.. we are suppose to get another 18 inches by the end of the month if you want me to send you some. Great stuff when it doesn't trap you in the house.

ok guys i got off my butt at around 11:30 and got to work and i got my first prototype partially made(hopefully it will be the only one i need to make). i will be testing it out to see how well it works and to decide if i need to go with a bigger pump or not.

i will be posting a pic as soon as it gets sent from my phone to my email which ive been waiting on for 20min

ok well 6 outlets is apparantly too many so im gonna try only 4 outlets tomorrow and if that doesnt work i know where i can find a second pump(not the same style) that has a variable gph rating that has the same max as this one so ill try hooking both pumps up to this setup with the current one at 160gph and the other one ill start at the lowest rating and just work up until i like the flow coming out of the outlets. i will also keep an eye out for another of the same pump and just try 2 of them if i can find one locally

Archived