Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fanciest SPS 29 BIOCUBE you ever did see

chrisjj625

very nice. i want to start keeping some sps. what do you do to keep the water quality up? Lots of water changes i imagine? the growth of your corals from the start is impressive. good luck.

I change the water once a week about 5 gallons. I also dose everyday Cal, Alk, MB7, Biofuel, and KoralCoral. The two part is essential because my tank eats alk and cal for breakfast.

IDK, I thought mine looked pretty sweet! ;)

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/?tank=13

Yours is awesome man I love the color you are getting and the mix looks very natural. How long have you had that dendro? how many heads did you start with I can't get mine to sprout new heads fro the life of me.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Went shopping yesterday here are the pictures. If you read the beginning of the post you can see my progression is leading me to get rid of almost all my zoas and focus mostly on SPS. Here are some new pictures from today.

Forest Fire Digita

DSCN1310.jpg

Ora German Blue polyp

DSCN1312.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade

DSCN1311.jpg

New Full Tank shot

DSCN1308.jpg

Clam Just Because

DSCN1313.jpg

• 1 month later...

Fun stuff, added too much GFO and my corals began bleaching. Been about a week now and have taken it out and tank is in recovery stages. Only have lost on little frag and I think he might make a come back. We shall see. Anyway kind of depressed and not happy that I am in recovery instead of moving forward. Lesson learned quit adding so much crap to your tank.

Fun stuff, added too much GFO and my corals began bleaching. Been about a week now and have taken it out and tank is in recovery stages. Only have lost on little frag and I think he might make a come back. We shall see. Anyway kind of depressed and not happy that I am in recovery instead of moving forward. Lesson learned quit adding so much crap to your tank.

how much was too much ? did you use the recommended amount or just add a bunch ? just wondering as I am using the recommended amount but im seeing some bleaching but i suspect its my lights causing the issue. did you see a drop in a parameter that made you suspect the GFO

Well I had went on vacation for a week and came back to some algae so I kinda freaked out and just threw some rowphos in. Thought I had done this amount before, but obviously not. Thats really the only thing I changed which is why I assume that was the problem.

Picked up a new toy...Apex lite so excited to clean up my cabinet. Still waiting on a wireless extender so I can control everything from my phone.

Got the Apex all set up finally. I also got it connected through my router wirelessly so I can control everything form my phone=awesome. I also now will get texts if anything should go wrong. Next vacation will be so much less stress. Oh and I also did a full reaquascaped today of most of my tank. Moved a lot of corals around to hopefully get some better colors/views of them. Pics to come after everything stops being pissed off. BTW aquascapeing is still the worst thing ever. Think I should move this one rock...2 hours later everything redone. Gotta love this hobby.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

kinda still playing with the forest fire to get better color on it. I kinda bleached it when I od on GFO a couple months ago its making a come back just haven't been able to get the green skin back and pretty yet.

this is what it looked like when I got it

DSCN1315.jpg

guy I bought it from was local reefer and he had a ton of it so he chopped me off that frag for I think like 20ish he said I could have more but I like growing frags out and real estate is always a problem in my tiny tank

Archived